Too Faced Merry Macarons

Too Faced Merry Macarons

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Merry Macarons (packaging says macarons not macaroons) is one of three eyeshadow palette's in the Christmas In New York holiday 2016 range. This particular palette is exclusive to Ulta in the US, and Debenhams here in the UK - it wasn't showing on the site at the time of this review, but it is in stores.

Merry Macarons is the smallest out of the the three palettes, containing 12 shadows [and a deluxe Better Then Sex mascara], but the shadow pans hold a bit more product in comparison the other palettes. I love the colour combination used - very wearable shades, and they all work well together. The vanilla-scented shadows come in a nice mix of matte and shimmers, the formula is nicely pigmented, and the shadows apply and wear well. I always expect TooFaceds card packaged shadow palettes to be of a slightly lower quality than their airtight tin ones as the formula is a bit different, but Merry Macarons surprised me with it's high quality.

The shades remind me of my Peanut Butter & Jelly palette, so if you love that palette and want something similar, or wanted that palette and couldn't get it, then Merry Macarons is your answer. Warm browns, tans, bronze, some taupe tones and a pop of purple [plus a shimmery black] is the colour scheme, and I think they make a good all year round palette - my neutral skin can lean a bit towards the cooler side, but I find the warmer colours still look nice on my skin.

I do have all three palettes [I ordered the Chocolate Shop from Sephora and was going to stick with just that one, but the packaging and theme just bespelled me when I saw the others in Debenhams] and I do think the Merry Macarons one is the best in terms of shadow quality; all three palettes this year are actually good, but the bigger two both have a few iffy shadows in, whereas every one in this palette is great My only niggle is that the other two palettes have cheek products in them, whilst Merry Macarons is purely eyeshadows.