Rimmel Kate Sculpting and Highlighting Kit

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I debated a number of times on which color to get. I was sending my mom and dad to the store to get it so I wouldn’t be able to see the colors. They paid USD$5.79 for this & ur getting 3 things!! I just didn’t know which # to pick. Well God knows I’m indecisive & left me one palette at the store & it was 003! Kind of weird way of deciding lol divine intervention in makeups. I’m glad I got 003 it’s so amazing. It’s the darkest of the 3 (001 is golden sands, 002 is coral glow & 003 is golden bronze). I think 001 is for fair, 002 is fair-med & 003 is med-deep but I’m NC20 hardly deep & rimmel needs to come out with an 004 for very deep becoz I can’t imagine anyone deeper than NC30 wearing 003. The bronzer/contour pulls reddish orange not cooler but it works. The highlighter is lovely it reminds me of elf gotta glow....& the blush is the star item it’s iridescent peachy keen like NARS “O” you would be hard pressed to put too much blush on. I tap my brush before putting on the contour. I bought this to keep in my purse you could use the contour/hi-liter as e/s in a pinch. #winning

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok so I have just used it for the first time so I don't know if n I'm going to break out like other people, but I liked it so much I jumped right on to see what everyone else thought.
I bought the lightest in golden sands on sale for 40% off then a dollar coupon.. so less than 3 bucks, yay. I used a narrow fluffy brush and followed the directions and for the first time in my life I had cheek bones!!! I'm super pale so I have to be careful about highlights and bronzers that make me look dirty. This looked natural and beautiful and really makes the contouring simple.. as I could never follow the videos because I never knew what I could replace their products with. This was easy and super pigmented and I think everyone should try it. If it breaks me out, I'll be back.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy smokes, this is a pretty powerful and pigmented palette. On the other hand, I'm surprised this product has such a low rating on MUA! Hopefully I can change some minds, because it would suck to have this gem discontinued...

Onto my experience:

Initially I bought this because many online reviewers have said the blush in 003 Golden Bronze is a perfect dupe for Nars' Orgasm. Though I don't own Orgasm, $6 for a highlighter, a contour shade, and a blush is basically theft!!! Especially when Orgasm alone costs $30!

THE HIGHLIGHTER: This is very much like Becca's Opal ($38), but when using the same fluffy brush - it has less of a high voltage shine. If you're looking for something more natural and subtle, the highlighter in this palette is a definite must.

THE CONTOUR: My current everyday bronzer and contour shade is Too Faced's Chocolate Soleil ($30) and Sonia Kashuk's Undetectable Creme Bronzer ($12). In an earlier review I read that the shade was "too dark" - and although that's completely right, it's an easy fix. What I did was once I loaded up the brush with the contour, I buffed out a bit of the product onto my arm to evenly distribute the product into the brush for blending (instead of applying straight from pan to face - that's a recipe for disaster!!!). The shade in this palette is darker, more warm-leaning than Chocolate Soleil.

THE BLUSH: The blush is a golden peach that gives you a little iridescence, like a baked beauty product. It's very hard to "over do" this color - ever have the problem of applying WAAAYYY too much blush? Yeah, this blush (and I'm sure Nars' Orgasm is like this as well) is over-application-proof. Yes way. he reason I bought this palette was for the blush, but having tested out the other two shades, I'm in love with it as a whole! For all the comparisons, this is a high-quality palette that saves you money, space, and performs like a luxury brand.

Even the shape of the palette is fantastic because it's ergonomic - whether you hold it in your left or right hand, the rounded edges fits snugly in-between your palm and fingers. Great great great great product all around!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The highlight and contour of the deep palette definitively give me breakouts. I get the straight line of pimples in contour and highlight areas.

The contour is pigmented and works, the blush and highlight are not as smooth and subtle as id like (looks a bit shimmery instead of wet/sheeny) but can be used for spotlight highlighting.

I'm throwing it out sadly, because it's very comedogenic. I give it 3 lippies because it's pigmented and works, the packaging isn't awful either. I've tried products much worse than this.

While I like the idea of a 3-in-1 product like this, I wouldn`t necessarily repurchase this one. The contour powder from the 002 Coral Glow palette does show up on my fair skin and I actually enjoy it. It makes for a decent contour. So does the blush. The highlighter is nothing special, but for daytime it`s all right. I would just buy it for the contour shade, and I would be more committed to repurchasing if they amped up the blush and highlighter. For the price, this is okay.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I feel as if this product is nothing special, but I still enjoy using it and like how it looks on the cheeks (I use the middle palette called 'coral glow'. The highlighter is very subtle and think it could be more pigmented, but I think it does look pretty on the tops of the cheekbones, nose, cupids bow, etc. I really like the contour shade and think it is a perfect shade for me as it isn't too ashy and not too orange and gives the perfect shadow. The blush is a nice pigmentation as it isn't too pigmented so it is very forgiving and easy to use. I also love the coral colour and looks very natural. The only negative I have is the packaging as I find it difficult to get my brush in the contour colour without getting some of the highlight or blush with it. But overall I enjoy using this product and think it's a good price as you get 3 products for the price of one basically. I recommend if you are on the look out for a drugstore blush and/or contour but don't get too excited for the highlight shade as it isn't anything special.

I bought this in the shade Golden Bronze, the darkest of the 3 pallets offered. These pallets come with 3 shades: a highlighter, bronzer, and a blush. I like all of the colors, but the contour/bronzer is a bit too dark for me. I can make it work if I use a light hand and fluffy brush. The highlighter is a lovely golden shade that is buildable. The blush is gorgeous and reminds me of Nars Orgasm.

Pros:
Pigmented.
Blendable.
Decent wear time.
Packaging is travel friendly and sturdy. Though some of the writing has rubbed off from keeping it in my purse.

I'm glad I purchased this. These powders wear nicely and I enjoy having a pallet to keep in my bag for any needed touch ups. The highlighter is probably my favorite shade, it's
a beautiful gold that doesn't accentuate any texture I have. Overall, a good affordable purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette includes a highlighter, bronzer/contour powder and blush in a sleek package that would be a great size to travel with. There are 3 lovely tones to choose from ranging from light-medium-dark however they really seem to be lacking pigment on the skin. They are not overly powdery and the highlight color is nice a subtle, not chunky or glittery but it just doesn't show up on the skin. If the pigment were improved I really think this would be a nice palette to have in your collection but since it's pretty much useless for me I have no alternative but to return it. One other improvement for most Rimmel products is while the packaging is okay and I don't mind the lack of a tool/brush to apply the product, the inclusion of a mirror would be useful but this might drive up the cost and I'd rather the money be invested in improving the product itself. If you are really fair, I would recommend giving this a try but can't see this working for those with deeper skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is terrible!! The main ingredient is talc and broke me out very badly on my cheeks where I never usually get pimples... it's been a month and they are still healing!! The bronzer and blush colours are quite nice but the highlighter has no pigmentation whatsoever and does not show up. I will never ever purchase powders from Rimmel again, but if you are not acne prone in the slightest, you might like the bronzer for contouring- I still think you could find better though.