RIMMEL Kate Sculpting Palette

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this on a whim and I am so in love with this stuff! I bought the coral.
I use it almost exactly how it is instructed on the back with a few modifications for my face structure.
I wouldn't say it greatly contours your face. You know how you see in some videos where a woman applies the contouring pallet and her face totally looks different. This is not the case with this product.

What it does for my face is that it makes my high cheekbones pop and gives me a fantastically healthy glow. I even use some of the dark contour applied with my fingers to the tip of my nose to add refinement and a dot of the highlighter on the very tip. The blush part really works well on my skin and the highlighter is not sparkly and overbearing. In essence, it looks natural.

I had a $3 off coupon for this and it looked rather nice so I decided to pick it up. My local walmart had 3 color choices, but it was easy to make a decision.

001 is warm toned, though the blush is somewhat cool toned which is a bit odd to me. Other than the fact that it's too warm toned to work as a contour for me, there's a lot of shimmer in the bronzer. More than the other two. A tiny bit of shimmer in my contour is fine but I prefer matte. I just didn't think this one was a good match.

I knew 003 was too dark for me, so I went with 002 Coral Glow. I could take or leave the blush. It's a pretty color but chalky and NOT that pigmented. I had to do a lot of build up for very little end result. I don't like a dramatic blush but I do like to be able to see it on my skin. BH Cosmetics floral blush is beautiful and very pigmented and only about 8 bucks, so there are cheap, better alternatives for blush.

The bronzer is good, it blends out well and doesn't look too harsh. If you like a very dark contour this might not be the best palette for you...but that highlighter is BEAUTIFUL. It isn't super pigmented, which is fine with me when it comes to highlight, but it's the most gorgeous subtle champagne color. It's a shade that would suit so many different skin tones.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this product, even the packaging feels nice.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Yes this not heavy pigmented but that can be a good thing too. This trio is brilliant for someone who just want a subtle look instead of intense blush/contour/highlight. Really pretty shades thats helps give you more the natural look you try to achieve when you want to play down with your makeup. Its also really compact and handy for travelling. It also lasts very well, even wore it to a wedding in Spain and held through the sweat >_<.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this tonight at Walmart. It was about $5. All colors are pretty I bought the lightest of the 3. I mostly purchased it for the blush. It’s a shimmering pink. I like Rimmel makeup. It’s good for the cost.

I debated a number of times on which color to get. I was sending my mom and dad to the store to get it so I wouldn’t be able to see the colors. They paid USD$5.79 for this & ur getting 3 things!! I just didn’t know which # to pick. Well God knows I’m indecisive & left me one palette at the store & it was 003! Kind of weird way of deciding lol divine intervention in makeups. I’m glad I got 003 it’s so amazing. It’s the darkest of the 3 (001 is golden sands, 002 is coral glow & 003 is golden bronze). I think 001 is for fair, 002 is fair-med & 003 is med-deep but I’m NC20 hardly deep & rimmel needs to come out with an 004 for very deep becoz I can’t imagine anyone deeper than NC30 wearing 003. The bronzer/contour pulls reddish orange not cooler but it works. The highlighter is lovely it reminds me of elf gotta glow....& the blush is the star item it’s iridescent peachy keen like NARS “O” you would be hard pressed to put too much blush on. I tap my brush before putting on the contour. I bought this to keep in my purse you could use the contour/hi-liter as e/s in a pinch. #winning

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok so I have just used it for the first time so I don't know if n I'm going to break out like other people, but I liked it so much I jumped right on to see what everyone else thought.
I bought the lightest in golden sands on sale for 40% off then a dollar coupon.. so less than 3 bucks, yay. I used a narrow fluffy brush and followed the directions and for the first time in my life I had cheek bones!!! I'm super pale so I have to be careful about highlights and bronzers that make me look dirty. This looked natural and beautiful and really makes the contouring simple.. as I could never follow the videos because I never knew what I could replace their products with. This was easy and super pigmented and I think everyone should try it. If it breaks me out, I'll be back.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy smokes, this is a pretty powerful and pigmented palette. On the other hand, I'm surprised this product has such a low rating on MUA! Hopefully I can change some minds, because it would suck to have this gem discontinued...

Onto my experience:

Initially I bought this because many online reviewers have said the blush in 003 Golden Bronze is a perfect dupe for Nars' Orgasm. Though I don't own Orgasm, $6 for a highlighter, a contour shade, and a blush is basically theft!!! Especially when Orgasm alone costs $30!

THE HIGHLIGHTER: This is very much like Becca's Opal ($38), but when using the same fluffy brush - it has less of a high voltage shine. If you're looking for something more natural and subtle, the highlighter in this palette is a definite must.

THE CONTOUR: My current everyday bronzer and contour shade is Too Faced's Chocolate Soleil ($30) and Sonia Kashuk's Undetectable Creme Bronzer ($12). In an earlier review I read that the shade was "too dark" - and although that's completely right, it's an easy fix. What I did was once I loaded up the brush with the contour, I buffed out a bit of the product onto my arm to evenly distribute the product into the brush for blending (instead of applying straight from pan to face - that's a recipe for disaster!!!). The shade in this palette is darker, more warm-leaning than Chocolate Soleil.

THE BLUSH: The blush is a golden peach that gives you a little iridescence, like a baked beauty product. It's very hard to "over do" this color - ever have the problem of applying WAAAYYY too much blush? Yeah, this blush (and I'm sure Nars' Orgasm is like this as well) is over-application-proof. Yes way. he reason I bought this palette was for the blush, but having tested out the other two shades, I'm in love with it as a whole! For all the comparisons, this is a high-quality palette that saves you money, space, and performs like a luxury brand.

Even the shape of the palette is fantastic because it's ergonomic - whether you hold it in your left or right hand, the rounded edges fits snugly in-between your palm and fingers. Great great great great product all around!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

The highlight and contour of the deep palette definitively give me breakouts. I get the straight line of pimples in contour and highlight areas.

The contour is pigmented and works, the blush and highlight are not as smooth and subtle as id like (looks a bit shimmery instead of wet/sheeny) but can be used for spotlight highlighting.

I'm throwing it out sadly, because it's very comedogenic. I give it 3 lippies because it's pigmented and works, the packaging isn't awful either. I've tried products much worse than this.

While I like the idea of a 3-in-1 product like this, I wouldn`t necessarily repurchase this one. The contour powder from the 002 Coral Glow palette does show up on my fair skin and I actually enjoy it. It makes for a decent contour. So does the blush. The highlighter is nothing special, but for daytime it`s all right. I would just buy it for the contour shade, and I would be more committed to repurchasing if they amped up the blush and highlighter. For the price, this is okay.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I feel as if this product is nothing special, but I still enjoy using it and like how it looks on the cheeks (I use the middle palette called 'coral glow'. The highlighter is very subtle and think it could be more pigmented, but I think it does look pretty on the tops of the cheekbones, nose, cupids bow, etc. I really like the contour shade and think it is a perfect shade for me as it isn't too ashy and not too orange and gives the perfect shadow. The blush is a nice pigmentation as it isn't too pigmented so it is very forgiving and easy to use. I also love the coral colour and looks very natural. The only negative I have is the packaging as I find it difficult to get my brush in the contour colour without getting some of the highlight or blush with it. But overall I enjoy using this product and think it's a good price as you get 3 products for the price of one basically. I recommend if you are on the look out for a drugstore blush and/or contour but don't get too excited for the highlight shade as it isn't anything special.