MAC Huggable Lipcolour - Cantonese Carnation

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a good deal on these ($12.60 on clearance; normally $21!!), I got 3 colors & this is the brightest of the 3. It is more like a tinted lipbalm than a lipstick. It looks scary in the tube but is very Translucent not a lot of color. This reminds me of Clinique's chubby stick crayon in Super Strawberry the colors are very similar. I would not rebuy it but it was cheap enough I'll keep it but I got 4 Vamplify's & 3 Huggables for $100 (whilst over here on ole Chanel dot com I got an e/s quad & ONE lipstick for $100) u can do good on maccosmetics.com on their 40% off sales online. I got 3 sets of brushes, a Pink nutcracker suite lipstick set (contained 4 items); 1 lipstick, & Trolls beauty powder, all for $135 so those brushes alone are worth $130 so I did good there ($50 x 2 + $30 for reg price) they came w makeup bags too 3 of them & the travel brushes came in their own holder. So $235 worth of MU got a lot of stuff! Cantonese Carnation isn't as pigmented as i expected which was disappointing but it's still a pretty bit of sheer shiny color perf for Spring 2017 on those days you just wanna throw on some easy tiny winged eyeliner, brows, powder fdtn (studiofix), concealer & curled lashes w mascara maybe a bit of highlighter (optional) it's a good "doing errands but I wanna look glam" look esp if you are a mom you are busy don't have a lot of time for applying or to spend $ on, Makeup. This would take maybe 10-15 mins tops. In this case also Ficcare or jaws clips are your biffie's. I myself beat my face ev morn I don't care if I'm just going to see the DR or go to Kroger I make time to do it. But a lot of times I don't feel good so this is good to have an easy backup plan routine.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I am a huge MAC lipstick fan. I bought this as a treat to myself after viewing this product on the website. It was a beautiful colour on the website, and was listed as a lipstick with a "rich glossy shine".

But, it was a huge disappointment. I haven't tried any of the other Huggable Lipcolours, but if this one is anything to go by I will stay away sadly! It's not a lipstick, this is more of a lip tint, and it isn't even that. I'm not really sure what it is. It has next to zero pigmentation or colour intensity, as very little colour comes onto the lips from the tube. It's not even pigmented enough to be considered a lipstain. Unfortunately, I think this was a waste of money for me.

If what you're looking for is a stain-like lipstick, then I would recommend Clinique's Almost Lipstick range. But, this isn't that. It's kind of like...nothing in a tube really. But it costs a lot of money. After I apply it, it just looks like I've put some clear lip balm on. And it doesn't even feel as moisturising as lip balm! Really sad this is such a crap product, but at least you all know it now and won't have to feel so disappointed yourself. If you are going to buy this, at least go into MAC and try it on first. Don't do what I did and buy this over the internet...because it's no good :***(

Popular Lipsticks