Dior Rouge Dior - St. Germain 414

No Image

on 5/16/2018 2:17:00 PM

Beautiful color and worth every penny! This is a warm pinky brown with a luminousity that I can’t describe. Just gorgeous on the lips. Glides on smoothly, great coverage, a bit reflective but not frosted at all. I have blonde hair and green eyes, can wear both warm and cool colors but prefer neutrals to bright or dark colors. This is perfect. Beautiful packaging, high quality product, I will definitely be repurchasing as long as Dior j keeps making it.

on 10/26/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought the St Germain a couple weeks ago and really love it. It is a beautiful nude pink lipstick, very neutral in color tone. I was glad to see another good review for it here. And I completely agree with everything beautyandmind said. It is far superior to Dolce Vita, which while a similar color, goes on more like a balm, has very little color depth, and lasts about five minutes. These new Dior lipsticks have great lasting power and are rich, creamy, and pigmented. They're everything a good lipstick should be.

This is my personal Dolce Vita. This is what I hoped NARS Dolce Vita would be for me because of all the absolutely crazy hype here on makeupalley, but simply wasn't :-(

Dolce Vita was drying on my lips and for the money, hello, a joke. I am living in Switzerland, quality should have its price and a product that is simply overpriced shouldn't become such a hype. My opinion.
So, now the good: Dior with the new and reformulated Rouge Dior collection.... tried all of them on the back of my hand, and chose St. Germain 414. Superb in every possible way over Nars Dolce Vita. Perfect MLBB dense (!) and light capturing pigmentation (I am NC15, blond, green eyes), perfectly smooth lips, very easy to apply everyday color, lip plumper (hyaluron inside) and balm in one product. Pay a little more, and get a whole lot more.
I would say this color should look good on cool and warm skin tones, go to the counter, try it on, be honest with yourself, see the quality difference and see if you like the way you smile into the mirror ;-)
No, I am not working for Dior, but I start writing good reviews for products that really do deserve a hype in my personal opinion. Save your money for the really good stuff.