CLINIQUE City Block Charcoal Mask And Scrub

CLINIQUE City Block Charcoal Mask And Scrub

4.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Charcoal Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sucrose, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/3/2018 8:44:00 PM

Good product. I like the smooth and the fresh feeling after use.

on 1/25/2018 4:43:00 AM

Usually clay masks make my combo skin dry out but this product leaves it soft after each use. makes my skin brighter. non irritating. visibly clean my pores and make them look smaller for a few hours. ( till its effect diminishes)
I have the small size and it goes looong since it has to be used once a week.
Would recommend.

on 11/4/2017 12:53:00 PM

This is an effective mask/scrub, particles are concentrated and was very drawing. I could not leave this one on for too long and less is more. I feel with clay masks, there is not that much difference since they are similar in performance. I prefer the lumene clay mask to this since it has a very similar feel without being so industrial feeling. If you are seriously oily or clogged you will like this. I will not repurchase since there are many alternative options at much cheaper and the performance of this does not justify the additional cost. I enjoyed finishing this and would recommend to oily-acne prone complexions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

According to Clinique website 'Natural bamboo charcoal and kaolin clay help remove pollution and impurities, while natural silica beads gently refine texture.'
There is nothing gentle about this thing. It's too harsh even for my hands, let alone the face. On the bright side, it leaves skin very smooth and extremely clean.
Not for sensitive skins, but awesome for those who like highly abrasive products.

on 8/15/2017 1:20:00 PM

i have tried several clay masks and this is my absolute favourite that i have tried for many reasons:
- the consistency is thick and applies so beautifully on the skin. I personally am not a fan of masks that are runny where the skin shows through
- the price point is great for the amount that you recieve
- the packaging of the flip cap bottle is extremely convenient
- the mask only takes 5-10 minutes to actually do its job of removing excess oil
- i love that the beads are gentle but effective when washing off

and the MAIN reason i like this mask is because it calms my skin down drastically. I mean, even after ive popped anything - my skin tone is more even.

My skin reacts truly to everything ... but this has never aggravated it once. LOVE!!!

on 6/24/2017 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice mask from Clinique. It is a clay mask with an exfoliating scrub in one. It is somewhat creamy and doesn't dry out my skin. The abrasion is not too strong, but strong enough. I leave it on for a few minutes then rinse off in the shower, making sure to gently exfoliate as I remove what is on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mask/scrub does an INCREDIBLE job at what it claims to do, and while $28 sounds a bit much for a mask (and would certainly be too much for me had I not initially received this as a gift & tried it), I've learned that when it comes to skincare/makeup it all starts at the very base of your regimen: the products you use to cleanse and treat your skin. Despite the price, I will continue to buy this mask because of its effectiveness. You only need to leave it on for 5 minutes, and once it is dry you can literally see the oil and gunk that the mask has dredged out of your pores (think how satisfying it is to look at a Biore nose strip... only it's your entire face). Then you rinse the mask off in a rubbing motion to allow the beads to scrub off that oil while gently exfoliating your skin. Afterwards, my skin looks matte & feels soft, and after just one use I could already see a difference in my skin. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a REAL clay-based mask that actually does what it promises to do!

on 4/25/2017 9:49:00 AM

So far I like this product it's a dark blue grey scrub mask that exfoliates skin nicely without causing irritation, I would be light handed with this as it has the potential to abrade skin if not careful, it also can be left on longer as a mud mask as it contains charcoal, it Isent the best product in the market but it's definitely a decent 2 in 1 product that does the job!
It leaves my skin matte and refined but suprisingly not dry! Its gentle enough to be used daily albeit a bit pricey

on 10/12/2016 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I live and study in London where our air quality isn't so great. I know pollution can have negative effects on the skin. I was looking for something to help with the dullness that my skin is left with from pollution, a hectic lifestyle and acne.

Packaging - Standard, green clinique box. The bottle is a lovely shade of blue with silver writing. Overall its nothing special which makes someone who loves packaging a little sad. 3/5.

Application - I like to wet my face and pat off the drops of water but leave my skin a little wet, like enough to move the exfoliator around on my face without scratching my skin. So leave a little bit of moisture. I then apply with my fingers all over (a little goes a long way!). I use circular motions to exfoliate, its quite a grainy product and you can really feel it scraping away dead skin! I then leave it on my face for maybe 5-10 minutes then rinse off when dry. It takes along to time to rinse off but it dries very quickly, this is a very quick process!

Does it work? - I've bee using this once a week for maybe a month and a half now. I had a tester from the store and I liked it so I bought the whole product which is a good sign. This was not because I saw immediate change but because I found application easy. In terms of effectiveness it does leave your skin smooth and manage to get off excess dead skin and sebum; you can really feel the exfoliating particles get right into the skin. It gets tight and dries and if you examine closely in the mirror you can see ever pore of your skin!! the charcoal seems to darken the pores while its on the face so I assume this means its really sinking into them? Not too sure on how great it is for pores but it's not reduced my oil production or anything. The day after I do think you see increased reliance and cleanliness.
My main concern at the beginning was to reduce the effects of pollution on my skin. I'm not sure if this is being helped and its not something you can track. Overall its a good mask! When it runs out I'll continue my search for the perfect mask as I don't think this was extraordinary.

Pros- Good exfoliation, easy application, dries very quickly, no fuss and no gimmicks
cons - takes a while to get off the face, cannot tell if it reduces the effects of pollution (not a fault of clinique)