theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss Infused with Ginseng

theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss Infused with Ginseng

Absolutely adore this gloss! It fells very comfortable on the lips, smells fruity but not in a sickening way & looks absolutely stunning on the lips. Also a major plus - it's very hydrating too! My biggest fear that they are going to discontinue these glosses, it will be such a shame.
Pros: good pricing for a good quality gloss; very hydrating; good staying powder for a gloss (2-3 hours); not overly sticky; pleasant scent; doesn't have bad taste; pretty colors
So-so: packaging is average but not bad; color range is not wide

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Have you ever fallen in love with a product so much that you start hoarding it because you're afraid the company will nix it on some idle Tuesday to make room for a mediocre and forgettable replacement? That's how I feel about TheBalms read my lips glosses. I am not a lip gloss person. Never have been. I line my lips because I fake a fuller top lip. Gloss texture usually causes my liner to disintegrate quickly and it's a big mess. Plus, I happen to like color because my lips are just pale. This is a great pigmented gloss that is to me is a hybrid between full coverage liquid lip color and a lip treatment. I wear these over Makeup Forever's Aqua lip lipliners and never have any issues. Every time I go out with one on someone asks what's on my lips. It never feels dry and actually feels a bit like spa lip therapy. Love them to pieces.

on 2/1/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received 2 free tube samples of this gloss in Bam! and Grrr!, when I bought my normal Bahama Mama bronzer the other day @ Kohl's, they are fabulous! A regular full size is $15, and I will definitely purchase them in full size once my samples are used up. They are thick but not goopy, last a long time, have amazing pigment when alone with just lip liner, and great over a matte lippie also. I swear by NYX butter glosses, and these are WAY better than the NYX, they cost twice as much as NYX butter glosses, but are well worth it. All their products are cruelty free and paraben free as well.

on 1/24/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a very good lipgloss. very glossy and plumps up the lips. not too sticky. doesnt settle into lip lines and doesnt slide around. color is very longlasting and pigmented - you can apply it on its own or over another lip color. not drying. nice range of shades. has a strong cherry cola/spicy cherry scent to it which i could do without. packaging is cute. price is ok. Definitely repurchasing. i have it in bam! which is a light warm pink and boom! which is a medium-dark wine/plum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have it in ZAAP! The best lip gloss I have ever used!
Pros:
- good shade selection
- cherry bubblegum scent which is not overpowering
- not sticky or goopy
- nice small doe-foot applicator that gets just the right amount of product
- stays a long time
- moisturizes lips
- doesn't leave gritty shimmer on lips after it fades
- the packaging is very cute

Cons:
- price a bit too high for a lip gloss, but you can always find it with discount
- swatches on theBalm website do not correspond with the colors

ZAAP! is light sheer pink with microshimmer, looks very glossy and beautiful on the lips. This gloss does not emphasize lines and stays in place without slipping around. The applicator is not hairy and it very easy to apply product with. The price is a little too much (I bought it for $10), but I don't go through lip glosses to often which makes it worth it for me. For true to color swatches, search for Kathleenlights video, she swatched the whole line.

I can recommend these glosses if you don't mind the price.

Popular Lip Glosses