Yves Saint Laurent Peace Green

Yves Saint Laurent Peace Green

3.0

1 review

on 10/9/2016 2:16:00 AM

Peace Green is a part of Spring 2016 Duo. It's a mint polish with pink shimmer, which creates beautiful contrast and an unusual shifting effect.

I wanted this polish so badly, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the UK, so when I came across it on holiday in Dubai, I had to get it. This was my first YSL polish and with a price tag equivalent to £27, my expectations were just as high.

I liked the packaging - golden box with the logo, the bottle is pretty too - I liked the removable outter cap, designed for easier grip. The brush is very good too.

For me, the formula has let this polish down. It doesn't apply evenly and needs many coats to get full opacity. I applied 3 coats and I could still see thinner patches. Also in the swatch pictures the pink shift looks stronger than in real life. After just 1 day of wear I had my first chip. Disappointed? You bet I am!

Perhaps I was expecting too much of this polish, but for me it just shows that within any brand there are good and bad formula polishes. I will try this polish with undies (1coat of white or mint polish), which I hope will help with both the opacity and the chipping.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting it, I just want you to be advised - this polish is high maintenance.

Popular Polishes