Essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base

Essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base
I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base

3.7

on 4/29/2018 8:19:00 AM

I find this step unnecessary and the tone seemed to be too grey for my liking .

on 4/18/2018 8:14:00 AM

If you're on a budget, try this. I actually use it as a liquid eye shadow, because it gives a pretty pale pink color and my eyes don't get as oily as without it, plus the packaging is cute. Recently repurchased it.

Cute packaging and great price but unfortunately I didn't like it. Essence use to make a eye primer that was fantastic, it was thick and actually worked. I don't know where that one has gone so I picked this one up instead- but I was disappointed, such a thin formula and no matter what I do it does absolutely nothing for me.

on 12/24/2017 12:12:00 AM

I love this eye primer. Its a very thin formula, but I find it still keeps my shadow/liner on all day and does really intensify colour. It helps from creasing. Overall, I recommend this primer for sure if you don't have the money to splurge on a pricier one

on 12/18/2017 8:34:00 PM

This product burned so bad when I applied it and caused my eyelids to be really dry. It also didn’t make much of a difference in the pigmentation of my shadow. Overall, the packaging was nice and the price was really cheap but my eyelids hurt so bad when I apply this.

on 10/24/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It certainly makes the color of my eyeshadows (high end or drug store) more vibrant. Also saves me the need to cover my eyelids with foundation/concealer, this sinks in and dried pretty fast. I find using it reduces the amount of oil on my eyelid and creasing. I only use one swipe each eyelid so I’m not sure if that’s why my opinion is different to some other reviewers that say it doesn’t dry

I don't have anything to compare this to as I previously used concealer as my eyeshadow base. I disagree with some of the comments here that say this covers veins, etc.. on eyelids as it goes on pretty much clear. I have very pale skin and you would think that this would leave some colour, but it doesn't. Anyway I did notice an improvement in the look and staying power of my eyeshadow. I don't think it is an amazing product, but it is pretty good. It has certainly made me curious about buying a higher end primer as I now believe that they do make a difference. I apply this in 3 small dots on each eyelid and work it over the lids using my fingers. I allow it to set for a few minutes and then apply my eyeshadow. It's definitely worth a look at this product especially considering how cheap it is!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Didn't reduce creasing or extend wear. Returned.

on 6/12/2017 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I rarely wear eye shadows so I only used this once the way it was intended, and it didn't perform too well - my eye shadows creased a lot. HOWEVER, I accidentally discovered this primer makes my liquid eye liner application a hundred times easier and more precise, and it also keeps it in place. Moreover, it controls the oils on my eyelids so they definitely don't look as greasy as they usually do by the evening. I ended up using this product every day.
My only complain is it could make your eyelids look too light if you overdo it (even considering I'm really pale), that's why I only swipe 1-2 times and blend it with my finger.
Also, keep in mind this thing and Essence's other primer, "I love stage", are different products and not, as I initially thought, the same product with a different name. "I love stage" is way more dark and orange-y.

on 4/5/2017 2:39:00 PM

I just bought this primer a couple of days ago. It worked well. My eyeshadow was a bit more intense, and it did last long, without fading or creasing.