Essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base

3.8

on 10/24/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It certainly makes the color of my eyeshadows (high end or drug store) more vibrant. Also saves me the need to cover my eyelids with foundation/concealer, this sinks in and dried pretty fast. I find using it reduces the amount of oil on my eyelid and creasing. I only use one swipe each eyelid so I’m not sure if that’s why my opinion is different to some other reviewers that say it doesn’t dry

I don't have anything to compare this to as I previously used concealer as my eyeshadow base. I disagree with some of the comments here that say this covers veins, etc.. on eyelids as it goes on pretty much clear. I have very pale skin and you would think that this would leave some colour, but it doesn't. Anyway I did notice an improvement in the look and staying power of my eyeshadow. I don't think it is an amazing product, but it is pretty good. It has certainly made me curious about buying a higher end primer as I now believe that they do make a difference. I apply this in 3 small dots on each eyelid and work it over the lids using my fingers. I allow it to set for a few minutes and then apply my eyeshadow. It's definitely worth a look at this product especially considering how cheap it is!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Didn't reduce creasing or extend wear. Returned.

on 6/12/2017 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I rarely wear eye shadows so I only used this once the way it was intended, and it didn't perform too well - my eye shadows creased a lot. HOWEVER, I accidentally discovered this primer makes my liquid eye liner application a hundred times easier and more precise, and it also keeps it in place. Moreover, it controls the oils on my eyelids so they definitely don't look as greasy as they usually do by the evening. I ended up using this product every day.
My only complain is it could make your eyelids look too light if you overdo it (even considering I'm really pale), that's why I only swipe 1-2 times and blend it with my finger.
Also, keep in mind this thing and Essence's other primer, "I love stage", are different products and not, as I initially thought, the same product with a different name. "I love stage" is way more dark and orange-y.

on 4/5/2017 2:39:00 PM

I just bought this primer a couple of days ago. It worked well. My eyeshadow was a bit more intense, and it did last long, without fading or creasing.

I was a bit disappointed in this primer. Without another to back it up, I still had creasing by the end of the day. I love si many Essence products, but for me....this one is a pass.

This stuff is gold. For Canadians, it's super-cheap (2.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart, if I remember right) and it really works. Just a dab, and it seriously brightens eyeshadow. Interestingly, it almost works better with cheaper brands. I have the Essence Nudes palette which is just...eh on its own, but with this base, it seriously looks good. This primer keeps high-end brands on for hours too, but the results aren't as dramatic.

This is a great little eyeshadow primer. Super inexpensive and really works. If you don't set it it does intensify color but that's generally true with all eyeshadow primers. You can't beat the price. This keeps shadows on all day. I'd buy it over and over again.

I have dry skin all over and this is great- I've been using it for about two years as my every-day eye-shadow primer and I love it

on 10/16/2016 2:01:00 AM

Overall it is a good product vs price. Unfortunately, my eyelids are very oily and the eye shadow lasts for almost 4 hours.