Deciem Hylamide HA Blur Face Serum

Deciem Hylamide HA Blur Face Serum
Hylamide HA Blur Face SerumHylamide HA Blur Face Serum

4.2

caprylyl methicone, aqua (water), peg-12 dimethicone/ppg-20 crosspolymer, hexamethyldisiloxane, polysilicone-11, cyclopentasiloxane, isodecyl neopentanoate, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, cyclomethicone, peg-10 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, pseudoalteromonas exopolysaccharides, sodium salicylate, adipic acid/neopentyl glycol crosspolymer, methyl methacrylate/peg/ppg-4/3 methacrylate crosspolymer, tocopherol, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, silica dimethyl silylate, laureth-12, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, isohexadecane, polysorbate-80, dimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vp/va copolymer, cyclotetrasiloxane, amodimethicone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, citric acid, butylene glycol, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol¸ ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin.

on 9/12/2017 12:25:00 AM

Amazing for oily skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me be the first one who hates it.
It's very thick and very silicone. I love silicone feel, but I hate how thick it is.
I apply the thinnest layer I can over my sunscreen, my face becomes extremely dull. When I touch my skin after applying the product peels off. I took another sunscreen, applied it over and tried to follow again with the makeup. Same story. It's so wrong! I never had a product that was peeling so badly (it feels like a peel off mask).
On the bright note, it really seems to be hydrating despite extra flat matte look. And it did not irritate my extra sensitive skin.
Maybe it works only on the bare face... Sending it back!

on 5/2/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Edit: After liking the blurring effect I get from this and the moisturizing soft results my skin gets - i'm returning this since as a primer for $19, it doesn't do what I need it to do for the price. I figure i can buy the $5 Ordinary primer and use that with The Ordinary moisturizer + HA for $5 and get a similar result (maybe not as much blurring, but the primer does blur). That's $10 for 2 oz (primer + moisturizer) vs. 1 oz of the HA Blur for $19 plus shipping. Not worth it. I'm not impressed by the Hylamide brand, but since The Ordinary products are much cheaper, I'm trying those instead and return all but one of my Hylamide (primer).

My skin: clear of pimples (sensitive, acne-prone/cystic/redness), melasma, scars. Shiny oily skin that makes pores stand out big time from daily use of topical benzoyl peroxide gel after washing face. Top with daily moisturizer. Was looking for a product to help calm the shiny residue I get from BP gel. Do wear light foundation/BB cream M-F.
--------------------------------------------

on 5/29/2017 1:31:00 PM

This has become my HG primer for every day makeup. :D This stuff works better than some of my higherish end stuff (Becca Glow, Hourglass) that I now only break out on special occasions (though I still mix it in under my eyes because it fills in the lines so well). I love my Hourglass Primer and I'm not going to be replacing it (I love the dewy glow), but it definitely doesn't have the blurring and staying power like Hylamide.

I use it every day for work. It makes my drugstore everyday liquid foundations (L'oreal colour match) that used to give a cakey look on my dry skin amazing. I wouldn't say it feels moisturising but it does somehow cover up any dry patches pretty well when normally my foundation would highlight it and that's a big bonus for me.

I like that it fills in the lines under my eyes pretty well. It definitely has a blurring effect which is what I wanted from the Benefit primers but didn't really get.

I do feel like I have to use quite a bit of the product - although I like the consistency and it absorbs pretty well I feel like it doesn't spread as much as I'd like it to.

So far it's working miraculously well for me but I'm interested to see it's staying power when the weather gets warmer!

on 6/21/2017 9:33:00 AM

I'm not a huge primer person as I don't like to wear a lot of foundation (just simple a moisturizer and sunscreen girl), but I thought I could use a little bit of blurring to cut some shine and make my skin look a little smoother. I liked the idea that this had HA in it to act as moisturizer a little too, so I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did! I am so happy with how well this works as a primer for my sunscreen, It makes it go on so much better and prevents my skin from looking oily and shiny while wearing this! It also takes away that gross coated feel that you get from sunscreens later in the day after you've had them on for a while. It does have a fairly pungent plasticey smell, but it's gone once it dries. It is also a little pricey, but I stocked up while they have it on sale for $9,

on 6/28/2017 8:23:00 AM

I'm a guy and don't wear makeup but this thing is great for special occasions where I don't want my skin to look oily. It really leaves my skin matte for hours. Would recommend.

on 4/27/2017 10:22:00 PM

i have used this product twice and each time i am blown away,
1. it takes away the shine from my "non oily" spf lotion, and creates a pert, clean (not flawless) finish for my bbcream, bbcrean looks better and lasts longer w this product, even in humid weather i don't have to really touch up with tpowder,after14 hours, skin looks as it did when i left the morning in the morning.

primers used to make me break out. nothing of the kind is happening to me now.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Initially I didn't really like this product. I love glowy foundations and this tampers down the glow and makes bases more velvety. I gave it a break for a while and decided to try it back again when the weather turned cooler and this time I loved it. With the products that it works with - it makes skin just look so beautiful and natural. I have found that some products don't work with it, and with those products, the base can ball up. This works really well with my L'Oreal Cushion foundation and Rimmel match perfection concealer. It didn't work so well with my RMS un-cover concealer. I'm a HUGE fan of Hylamide products in general and I've already repurchased this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately, I just don't really get this product. I bought it because of the incredible reviews on this website and Deciem's, but it really isn't doing much for me. I have pretty oily skin with a lot of blackheads and acne spots in general, so pore minimizing products are something that I love and almost always incorporate into my routine.

The issue I have with this is I don't know whether to use it as a primer, moisturizer, or makeup product. As a primer, it performs almost identically to the Ordinary's High Adherence Silicone Primer which is way cheaper ($19 vs. $5) and it doesn't blur pores as well as products like Benefit porefessional. It doesn't have any coverage in it so, unlike other reviewers, I don't see the point in just wearing it on its own to provide a more "blurred" effect. I just really didn't get that from this product and I would rather use a pore blurring primer since those do the job much better. Also, I want to add that as a primer it didn't really contribute to the longevity of my makeup, it just made my skin have a slightly more even texture (which again, could be easily achieved using the $5 product from the company's other line).

As a moisturizer, it just really isn't that....moisturizing? Anyways, I'm confused here as the company just lists it as a "finisher", which in theory I like because it gives consumers more creativity with their product, but in the end it just left me confused.

on 3/9/2017 8:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This stuff is so awesome I wish I had found out about it sooner. Amazing as primer on my somewhat oily t-zone, blurs any visible pores and controls oils, creates a flawless base to apply foundation on. Feels smooth but not exactly silicone-like. Can't live w/o this anymore.