no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Kimono-over is a beautiful deep purple eggplant polish with a touch of brown warmth to it. This was released in the fall 2016 collection. I found this at my local TJMaxx for less than $4 which is a bargain considering this retails at $9. This is so deep and rich that it is dark enough to look almost black but no matter what in every light you can still definitely tell it's purple. I love how this looks on my fair skin and it is very flattering as it has that hint of earthy warmth to it. This has the usual skinny Essie brush, which is difficult to apply any polish with, so it's insulting that for $9 this polish would not bother to give us a better brush. Getting past the less than ideal skinny brush that comes in this, the polish actually had a good formula for an Essie. This was well pigmented and was nearly opaque in a single coat. This is beautiful and I fell in love with this one as soon as I finished my mani and saw how beautiful this polish looked on my hands. The first time I used this it was slightly difficult to work with as the polish tended to want to run and flood the cuticles, but the second time I wore this it was less runny and was easier to glide on. This is such a beautiful crème and I wore it for several days. I like this one so much, I'm considering getting a back up.

About reviewer (441 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

i love polishes that are almost black, and this one fit the bill. it looks sort of like an amethyst hooked up with an onyx. dries quickly, doesn't chip easily...i really dig it.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Very dark purple almost black. I bought this for dark pedis but I like it on my fingernails too. Full coverage in 2 coats, easy to apply. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

Bought this and another one for my 12 year old who had been DYING for this rich purple cream. So far, so issues. $9.49 at Walgreen's is a bit pricey for Essie.

About reviewer (2443 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

This is a beautiful dark purple cream polish from Essie's Fall Collection. In some lights it did look black but this is definitely a purple polish. Application was a doddle in 2 easy coats and topped with a top coat, it stayed perfect until I changed my polish a week later.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age44-55