Kat Von D Metal Matte

Kat Von D Metal Matte

4.4

on 2/9/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wish she would come out with mini palettes of this mega palette (like cut it in the middle and make a warm toned palette and a cool toned palette) because i want to tell everyone to go put and get it! It's just such a go-to all-in-one kind of palette. If you didn't snatch one of these before they were gone i feel sorry for ya because it was worth every penny!

on 1/11/2017 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! this is the best palette i have for sure. So many looks to crate with it. I cant imagine anyone not liking it unless they recieved a dud or dont like colours. These shadows blend like a dream, it soo efortless. I ve been applying them with toofaced primer and mac soft ochre with great results, and sigma brushes. After such dissapontments as too faced grande hotel and UD full specteum, this was pleasant surprise. I recommend!

on 10/9/2016 12:07:00 PM

This palette is fantastic and I'm so happy I purchased it. I'm a palette collector so I own a bunch but this is one of my favorite Fall/ Holiday purchases. These shades are off the chain in terms of blend ability and pigmentation. The metals are my favorite all of them apply very well and you get great colour from just one stroke. When I swatched these I barely touched them and I couldn't believe how beautiful they are. My favorites are Twinkle, Volt, Glitz, Watt, and Ignite. These apply so well I always use primer so I cannot attest to them without but they last hours and hours all while still looking vibrant.

The mattes are really great as well. There are 2 or 3 that are a little dry or patchy but nothing terrible. I find these mattes to be soft, silky, blendable, and easy to work with. They last for hours and I have not needed to touch them up when I use primer and setting spray. The palette is huge but for 60$ I'm ok with that. I think when I did the math you actually get a lot for the $$. So I have no complaints in that realm at all. I find this palette to be phenomenal and I could not be more impressed with it!

The shades are just insanely beautiful I love the art and mix of metals and mattes. It's so fun to create looks with this palette. If you are a shadow collector or need some colour or jewel tones in your life this will really satisfy that need. Even my mom purchased this once she saw mine. I can't say enough nice things about this. The quality is there for sure. I like this way more than last years palette because this one I can see really being something I can use on the daily. Plus the mix of metals and mattes are so much fun to work with. So happy with this! Recommended:)

This thing is HUGE! I love everything about the packaging, I mean, who doesn't? I wish it was a permanent palette in her collection because the quality is so very nice! Every single shadow in this palette is pigmented, smooth and all around lovely. The purple isn't as bright as I hoped it would be, and Tinsel can be tricky to work with, but it is the only glittery shade in the palette as well.
I've created a number of looks with this. You can do several different neutral looks. I love using Velvet! I have been recently using Moss for a glamorous green holiday smoky look. I got a ton of complements on it. You can use the metals alone or with a little neutral contouring and look amazing. I fell like if this had her Raw Power metal crush shade in it, you would never need anything else. A true red is all it's missing.
I would buy this is it only have the mattes or only the metals. KVD shadows never seem to disappoint. They are the same quality of the metal crush individual shadows as I mentioned before. Oh and the mirror is long and thin, but surprisingly useful.

on 10/9/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this palette because i love KVD's Shade and light palette, and wanted to try her more colorful eyeshadows as well. MM is a very impressive palette, even the artwork on the packaging is stunning.
I'm loving the metallic shades, they all are hits imo. They have excellent pigmentation, buttery, soft, very shiny, just superb. The mattes are pigmented (except the yellow) but can be patchy. However, they blend very easily and can be layered. The patchiness comes from general dryness of the matte formula, but I like dry matte shadows because they move around easily. The two disappointing shades are the yellow and the peach. The yellow is not pigmented at all and can't be layered no matter how much you pile it on. I tried. The peach is not pigmented to my liking (i like loud colors), but can be layered to modest extent, but not opaque. Those two were duds in the whole palette. The rest of the mattes are either very good or just good. (No excellent mattes unfortunately). Mattes perform much better with synthetic brushes, layered over sticky base or primer. I always use primer because of my hooded oily lids. The matte formula is NOT the same as in shade and light, it's 100% vegan (except one shade). I learned that vegan eyeshadows = not very good eyeshadows, but they are much better than her Serpentina, so hopefully, she continues to improve her vegan formula.
I'm going to make this palette work, because despite a few duds it is a good palette for me. I don't have dupes for any of these colors except brown, and I love those metals so much! They are just sooo good!

This palette runs kind of pricey at $60, but it is 100% the most pigmented, perfect palette I've ever used. The colors come exactly as they look in the palette, and it is rather large compared to others. It comes packed super neatly and carefully. Gorgeous colors!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I'll start by saying that the Metal Matte palette is more expensive [$60] compared to her other eyeshadow palettes [around the $46 mark], but you are getting more shadows then is usually included in her palettes; thirteen matte shadows, and nine metal crush shades - and the metal crush shades sell for $21 individually. I think that this is their holiday offering this year (they do have a collab palette with TooFaced coming in December though).

The matte shades are a medley of neutral, slightly muted vibrants, vampies and pastels, so there is something for every comfort level, every season and every occasion. The pigmentation is awesome, and the shadow formula is very soft and buttery. When I dip my brush into the shadows they do have some kickup to them, but they aren't patchy and apply with only a little [if any] fallout and blend really well, so I generally don't feel that removing a lippie in my reviews is really necessary as long as the ease of use and performance isn't affected - just tapping excess off your brushes solves the problem.

I am thrilled with the look and feel of the matte shades, but the metal crush ones are... Woah. so smooth to apply and molten looking, in a nice mix of vibrant shades and more 'everyday' metallic pops. The shade Synergy is a popular shade in the permanent Metal Crush range, but the other eight shades are new. The only slight niggle I can think of with the metallic shadows is that the shade 'Tinsel' contains lots of micro-shimmer, so feels a bit gritty and has some fallout - it does perform well once applied, so I feel that removing a lippie is too harsh.

I really enjoy my Serpentina palette and thought that was fantastic and unique, but Metal Matte manages to beat it as you have everything you need/want for a complete eye look in the one palette, whereas I need to use another palette alongside the Serpentina palette as it has no practical shades in it. I definitely reccomend getting hold of Metal Matte, and judging by the YouTube & Instagram raves, I'd get it sooner rather than later - I don't think that this palette will be around for long.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this palette, i was so excited when i first saw pictures & bought it the second it was available online at sephora. I absolutely love kats makeup & it honestly pains me to have to write a negative review. I had been eagerly awaiting its arrivel & was unfortunately disappointed after the first swatch with the mattes. The darker shades were very patchy & the lighter shades didnt even show up at all & seemed to have no pigment. I also found that the formula was very dry & hard, & didnt seem to have that buttery texture that kats products usually have. I tried them with primer which made them apply a lot better when pressed but then they just muddied out & got patchy again as soon as any blending was attempted. The dark colors all pretty much muddied themselves out to a dark blackish color & looked very ruddy & gross looking. The colors also did not look anything like what they did in the pan when applied. Both of the purples turned into the color of a blackish ugly bruise. I found that the green shadow blended out to a dull gray & the blue just pretty much just had to pigment to it at all even when layered. I tried every brush in my collection to try & get these to work & they all got the same result. Even my sigma & bobby brown blending brushes could not save these mattes. These shadows will not apply wet either, it just sticks to your brush, stains it, then rubs any other shadow right off. This was sad for me but then i thought maybe the metals would redeem the bottom half since there were many of them & they were a good size. The metals swatched with a finger are absolutely breathtaking tbh. The only one that wasnt was tinsel which is really glittery & gritty when compared to the rest. This gave me so much hope until i attempted to use a brush. The metals do not work well with a brush at all, you have to dig into the palette & press it onto your eyelid & the pigment is still not good with a lot of fallout, as in most of the shadow just falls off your brush & doesnt stick to your eyelid. Using a finger is better but you can only do it on bare lids. This doesnt stick well to a primer & doesnt stick to the matte shadows at all. The metals are also impossible to blend, The pigment just literally falls off your lid instead of blending itself. It looks patchy on & with blending is non existant. Although the copper shade & The orangish gold shade applied a little bit better than the others. The purple, blue & green metals were not good quality at all. Altough this palette is huge it just is not worth $60 to me because the quality is just not there & is extremely subpar when compared with kats permanent eyeshadow palettes. Same with the metals compared to the individual metal crush pans. Unfortunately this product is just not worth the hype & found that its gone along with the trend of all the holiday palettes from every brand being subpar to their usually formulas. I would not reccommend this palette at all unless you like your eyeshadow to be either completely unblended, muddy, or a patchy mess. Also dont be fooled by the pan colors since they look different on, if you like a particular color i suggest finding a dupe from abh or makeupforever instead of buying this palette.