L'Oreal Voluminous Feline

L'Oreal Voluminous Feline
Voluminous Feline

2.6

on 12/13/2017 8:42:00 PM

PROs:
• Doesn't flake
• Long wear
• Doesn't dry out or break lashes
• Nice wand... it's better than any other rubber wands I've tried
• Packaging

CONs:
• Not very volumizing or lengthening

I recommend L'Oreal's Lash Paradise over this.

on 10/19/2017 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this mascara as I have always found Voluminous mascaras to be the best, despite trying all the high-priced favorites. I was using the Butterfly Sculpt, which I liked a lot. I should have stuck with it, but I thought the Feline might be even better. BIG mistake. The brush didn't get to my lashes at all - it was like I was using cotton swab to apply it. I ended up almost from day one using the old Butterfly Sculpt brush with it. Then, on top of everything else, it didn't last. Yeah yeah yeah - I know you're supposed to discard mascara every three months, but I use it until it runs out, and even though I use it every day, that's usually months and months, or a year. This ran dry within a couple of months. Don't know what the heck L'Oreal is thinking with this one. I went out and got the Butterfly Intenza - back to greatness!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently found my HG mascara (CG Full Lash Bloom) - if I didn't have that I would have liked this more. This does a similar but not quite as good a job because at defining and separating my lashes. I think the difference is this one is a wetter formula where as the Lash Bloom is drier, which I'm finding I'm preferring. Probably won't repurchase but only because I've found my HG - otherwise this was a pretty good alternative.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this to try because it was on sale for $5 (previously $11.99). Ugh. Waste of money.
It's really unfortunate because this performed really well for me. The color (blackest black) was perfect, the formula went on clump free and separated my lashes to PERFECTION. It added the perfect volume and length (2 coats and my eyelashes are already very long). I absolutely adored it! Until...I looked into the mirror a few hours later and saw black smudges all under my brows all over my brow bone from this. Terrible! I cannot stand mascaras that do this. Long lashes can be a curse if I can't find a smudge free mascara.
Would not purchase again, would not recommend. If this formula could only be altered to be smudge free, it would probably be my HG. How disappointing. I have yet to find the best mascara. Will continue to search...save your money and don't bother with this one.

on 3/15/2017 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This did nothing for my eyelashes - seriously nothing. I bought it because I had a coupon from the paper but returned within a few days - I have blonde eyelashes and i bought the color black - I'm not sure this even turned them brown.

on 3/15/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Meh. The packaging sucked me in! Plus I had decent memories of regular Voluminous mascara. I agree with some other reviews however....this doesn't give me volume and leaves my lashes spiky and stiff! It is so odd. The lippies are for the packaging and that it doesn't smudge or flake on me. Too bad my lashes don't look good when applied. Never repurchasing.

on 2/16/2017 7:51:00 AM

I love the original Voluminous mascara - I think it's the best drugstore mascara on the market - so I decided to give this one a try. Not even close! While the original mascara gives me lots of volume and length, this just left my lashes short and spiky. It didn't smudge on me - so it gets an extra lippie for that - but man is it ever hard to remove! I bought the waterproof mascara by mistake but even then, I've tried other waterproof mascaras and they've never been this hard to take off.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The cute packaging is what got me. I got it in waterproof and wow it's hard to remove even with oil! It doesn't add volume at all. And I applied 3 coats! It did define my lashes though but I want fat, full lashes and this gave me whimpy, skinny lashes. It also made my under eyes a greyish tint?? Don't know what that's about. Also the formula is stringy and goopy. Definitely do not recommend.

on 12/4/2016 12:11:00 PM

Expected a lot more from this. Meh. Just meh. Provides nice soft separation at first application and that's about where it ends. The color is too soft, I prefer intense black mascaras like Miss Manga. it doesn't provide any volume. If you try to build it up it instantly clumps and it clumps bad. Didn't like it.

I want to start by saying that I keep all of my makeup out of the bathroom. My makeup is in my room away from excessive heat and humidity, though, in 2016, I don't think that this should be necessary. I think that all makeup and skincare products should be tested for complete effectiveness in all types of realistic temperatures.

With that said, the mascara worked great for the first week. No flaking, no smudging, complete volume and lengthening, plus the tube was perfect. It has a clicking mechanism so you know when it's 100% closed. Being an allergy sufferer 365 days a year, finding a mascara that does not flake or smudge is important to me. And I wear contacts. I thought I had found "the one". In addition to that, it was under $10 at Target. But, I was wrong. Both the brown and black colors are smudging on me after being only a week old.

Popular Mascaras