Malin & Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant

No Image

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I snatched it as a mini version (I was a bit hesitant to try the big version at first as it is quite pricy at £19 - the mini was £12 for almost 30g/1oz. - why these deodorants are sooooo pricy?!) and I'm very happy with my spontaneous purchase.

I've been using natural deodorants for the last 2-3 years (a British natural brand Aurelia's one is my favourite but it still £18 for a tiny jar!) and this one is a good example of a natural deodorant done well. It comes in a clear solid stick in a convenient packaging (no scooping with fingers, no spillage, easy to travel), prevents my pits from smelling bad throughout the day (I reapply after exercise, let's realistic here) and most importantly this deodorant does NOT stain clothes! It smells fresh and optimistic with eucalyptus and even a mini size is quite generous - it lasted me a good while.

A transition into 'natural' way of minimising BO is a tough one, you WILL smell until your body adjusts. Also a diet and genes are big factors here. I'm almost a vegan and my BO is naturally inoffensive and I simply don't sweat much (living in a cold climate helps too I guess) so at the end of my day with this deodorant I don't smell ANYTHING either from my armpits nor from my clothes.

Baking soda used in most 'natural' deodorants can cause a skin reaction so this product is a great alternative. Schmidt's who pioneered these deodorants was good (and is a very good indeed AND cheap option) but stained my clothes sadly so I will not be buying it any more. I've used up 3 jars of Aurelia's one (and one lasts me up to 4 months!) and I was worried that I might have to keep on buying that one in particular but I now have this one and I'm very happy.

on 12/10/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I decided to stop using aluminium- and alcohol-bearing deodorants this year. It was a struggle at first, as many were good- going by the ingredient list, but not quite good on the performance front. Not to mention, the more ‘natural’ ones tend to be more expensive. I then came along M+G and was happily surprised.

Pro’s
- Minty smell, that is hardly perceptible when applied. I don’t like heavily fragranced deodorants that overpower my perfume spray
- Effective protection. I wear this everyday and keep my armpits protected throughout my 9-5 working day. I admit I would not wear it to the gym, for example. Having said that this works very well for regular days, aluminium- and alcohol- containing deodorants are still more reliable for antiperspiration.
- Practical. It’s easy to apply and a tube lasts a long time. Hence, even though pricey, it makes up for it in terms of how long a tube will last.

Con’s
- Price, sadly still more expensive than the average deodorant on the market
- Effective compared to other natural deodorants, but not quite effective as alcohol/aluminium based deodorants.

I will definitely purchase again. In fact, I already have! I have two backups now, though will not need them for a while as it takes a while to use up a tube.

Highly recommended for those preferring a more natural deodorant.

on 11/23/2017 2:46:00 PM

I completely agree with the other reviewer. I had seen nothing but good reviews for this before I bought it, and having now used it I can't understand why it's so raved about. My experience is very similar to the previous reviewer's. I don't sweat much and haven't felt sticky or sweaty at all while using it, but I don't smell good! It's not a strong bad smell (like I experienced with Lush's The Greench deodorant powder) but it's unpleasant. I have tried other aluminium-free deodorants successfully (Dr Hauschka Sage & Mint worked for me but took an inconveniently long time to dry) so I don't think the problem is that it's a natural deodorant. Just so annoyed that I fell for the hype and spent £18 on this.

on 9/30/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As this super-hyped deodorant isn't listed here yet, I have to add a review for this. Why? Because I'm really angry. This deodorant is hyped over the moon on certain websites and as I was looking for a deodoant without aluminium, and people were obviously raving about it, I bought it - for about $30. And my expectations were high after many people said this was the best alu-free deodorant they have ever tried etc.

First off the one really good thing: the smell. This deodorant smells heavenly fresh like eucalyptus, absolutely wonderful - as long as it is in the box!

Now for the bad: it does not work - at all! I mean absolutely not.Or well, it does work, but in the opposite direction even. I don't sweat much and also don't have much BO and when I tried this I applied it in the morning after a shower, and I spent the morning sitting at my desk working - I did nothing exhausting what so ever, all I did was typing and sitting on my behind, and that on a cloudy, rather cool day.

What happend is the following: After only 6 hours, early afternoon, I started noticing a very unpleasant smell coming from my armpits, I mean really unpleasant. And I didn't sweat or anything, this just happend while I was sitting calmly at my desk. So, this deodorant turned on my skin if you want, even without sweat, and it started stinking awfully! So, no idea where those raving reviews on many sites come from, but this is for sure the worst (and most overpriced) deodorant I ever tried. And the worst without alu I ever tried as well. I really regret spending absurd $30 on this. I can certainly not recommend this.