Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Lip Sleeping Mask Lip Sleeping Mask

3.7

Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl / Isostearyl / Cetyl / Stearyl / Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Synthetic Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, Mica (CI 77019), Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Dimethicone, Fragrance / Parfum, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire de Carnauba, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water, Potassium Alginate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I'm not into berry lip scented products, so I waited till Sephora had the other flavors for sale. I bought the apple-lime one and have been absolutely loving it. Every night I would slather on lip balm and still have chapped lips in the morning. It was super frustrating! But after the first night of the Laneige mask, my lips were very soft and noticeably plumper. The most amazing thing though was that this feeling lasted the rest of the day. HG status for sure. And yes, I did try the Bite Agave one and hated it...soo sticky and did not give me the same results.

on 7/17/2018 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been meaning to review this product for a while now. I live in Canada and I bought this during the cold winter months since that's when most lips are in need of some extra care. I really like this product; I slather it on my lips and no matter how dry are before I go to sleep, they're smooth and supple when I wake up. Better yet, they feel nourished and revived (a feeling that I know I'll never get from good ol' vaseline). I also find that when I use it a few times in a row, the overall appearance of my lips have vastly improved. They have a natural rosy colour (which I never ever have, they are usually quite colorless without lipstick) and the fine lines are a lot less noticeable. Yes this product is a wee bit  pricey but I've barely made a dent in it after multiple uses so I'm not too mad at that. Considering the effect it has on my lips, I will definitely rebuy once I run out.

on 7/6/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I’m surprised this didn’t get higher ratings. For the price, the quality of the product and the quantity you get is excellent. I’ve tried dior’s Lip plumper and bite beauty’s agave lip mask and while both of these are good products, this provides the longest lasting moisture out of the two for a lower price. It is thick and balmy and is a mositurizing barrier for dry lips; your lips will be soft and pink in the morning. I would give this at least a night or so to work it’s magic; unlike lip plumpers, this won’t provide immediate results but will last so much longer on the lips. Laneige overall is a great brand for hydration, but I don’t think their products would be hydrating enough for aging skin.

on 7/2/2018 12:57:00 PM

Decided to try it after being recommended by a Youtuber I like. Works fine, I use it with a lush lip scrub before bed and I never wake up with chapped lips!

Not sure if I would repurchase though, it is quite expensive but lasts a long time

on 6/28/2018 10:42:00 AM

It's essentially an expensive lip balm... The texture is very thick and slippery, it's easy enough to get a decent amount on the lips but its staying power is terrible, there's no way this lasts overnight on me. The smell is nice, subtle berry scent, but in terms of hydration and exfoliation it really doesn't do a whole lot. Used at night on dry, slightly flaky lips, I'll wake in the morning to find absolutely no difference than the night before. Immediately after applying it feels ok, doesn't cause any itching or sensitivities, nothing special. But I expected something more as it's not exactly the cheapest stuff out there. Nivea lip butter works better, I find.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Ah this is a funny one. I purchased this product thinking "mask" = ridiculously hydrating, and this was very disappointed after a few uses. But there's a turnaround to this story.
After getting over the initial disappointment, I figured I'd used a chunk out of this, so may as well continue.
I've used this nightly pretty much ever since I got it maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I slather it on my lips, and just on and over the pipeline before I go to bed. Now do I wake up with plump, full, luxuriously soft and silky lips like i assumed? No. But it does a great job of healing the lips.
Winter has pretty much hit full force where I live in Australia, and even though it isn't as cold as some other places in the world, if you arent used to the cold it can still take its toll on the body. Recently I stopped using this lip balm at night. Within a the last week or 2, I've gone through a very stressful time in my life. When I'm stressed or have anxiety I tend to lick my lips, which causes the outer edges of my lips to split and the rest of my skin to become dry and irritated around the border.
I've just started using this again, and while the effects aren't instantaneous, after a few days my lips are as good as new, and I can wear lipsticks and glosses without it looking yuck. So summarised below:
Pros:
*sweet berry scent
*not beeswax based (this is a pro for me personally)
* plenty of product in the tub
* not too expensive considering the amount
*cute pink packaging
* heals poor lips

Cons
* isn't as hydrating as I'd hoped. Something marketed as a sleeping mask, one would generally assume that there would be more benefits as opposed to a regular balm
* tub is cumbersome, but it isn't marketed to be a daily balm
* not super easily available
* packaging is in a tub, which some find unhygienic

on 6/2/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Best lip product I've tried. Leaves my lips soft with no cracks or flakes. Stays on all night, but is comfortable and doens't have a strong taste/scent. I received a GWP size and it lasted me 2 months. Sadly, I won't be able repurchase since it's not cruelty free.

on 5/26/2018 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best lip teatment ever. My dry lips are gone. I can wear lipstick throu the day no problem. My lips dont peel or crack since using this. 100% recommend. Wish it also came in squeeze tube. Definetly a HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this after reading rave reviews about it online. I was looking for a deep moisturising lip balm to use at night before going to bed, particuarly designed to help tackle severe dryness which I especially suffer with during the cold winter months.

The mask applies nicely and goes on smoothly but it doesn't sink into the lips. Instead it forms a kind of barrier on top of the lips, helping to lock in moisture overnight. I use the small spatular that came with it for application, as I've found trying to apply this with my finger can be quite messy.

Although this does leave my lips feeling softer in the morning, the results haven't been as spectacular as I was expecting given all the positive reviews online. It's also really pricey for what it is and in all honesty I don't think I'll be repurchasing when my pot ends, as you can get regular lip balms that are much cheaper which do a better job.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don’t know what it is but this dries out my lips. I love the smell though

Popular Lip Treatments