Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Lip Sleeping Mask Lip Sleeping Mask

3.6

Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl / Isostearyl / Cetyl / Stearyl / Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Synthetic Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, Mica (CI 77019), Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Dimethicone, Fragrance / Parfum, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire de Carnauba, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water, Potassium Alginate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Ah this is a funny one. I purchased this product thinking "mask" = ridiculously hydrating, and this was very disappointed after a few uses. But there's a turnaround to this story.
After getting over the initial disappointment, I figured I'd used a chunk out of this, so may as well continue.
I've used this nightly pretty much ever since I got it maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I slather it on my lips, and just on and over the pipeline before I go to bed. Now do I wake up with plump, full, luxuriously soft and silky lips like i assumed? No. But it does a great job of healing the lips.
Winter has pretty much hit full force where I live in Australia, and even though it isn't as cold as some other places in the world, if you arent used to the cold it can still take its toll on the body. Recently I stopped using this lip balm at night. Within a the last week or 2, I've gone through a very stressful time in my life. When I'm stressed or have anxiety I tend to lick my lips, which causes the outer edges of my lips to split and the rest of my skin to become dry and irritated around the border.
I've just started using this again, and while the effects aren't instantaneous, after a few days my lips are as good as new, and I can wear lipsticks and glosses without it looking yuck. So summarised below:
Pros:
*sweet berry scent
*not beeswax based (this is a pro for me personally)
* plenty of product in the tub
* not too expensive considering the amount
*cute pink packaging
* heals poor lips

Cons
* isn't as hydrating as I'd hoped. Something marketed as a sleeping mask, one would generally assume that there would be more benefits as opposed to a regular balm
* tub is cumbersome, but it isn't marketed to be a daily balm
* not super easily available
* packaging is in a tub, which some find unhygienic

on 6/2/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Best lip product I've tried. Leaves my lips soft with no cracks or flakes. Stays on all night, but is comfortable and doens't have a strong taste/scent. I received a GWP size and it lasted me 2 months. Sadly, I won't be able repurchase since it's not cruelty free.

on 5/26/2018 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best lip teatment ever. My dry lips are gone. I can wear lipstick throu the day no problem. My lips dont peel or crack since using this. 100% recommend. Wish it also came in squeeze tube. Definetly a HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this after reading rave reviews about it online. I was looking for a deep moisturising lip balm to use at night before going to bed, particuarly designed to help tackle severe dryness which I especially suffer with during the cold winter months.

The mask applies nicely and goes on smoothly but it doesn't sink into the lips. Instead it forms a kind of barrier on top of the lips, helping to lock in moisture overnight. I use the small spatular that came with it for application, as I've found trying to apply this with my finger can be quite messy.

Although this does leave my lips feeling softer in the morning, the results haven't been as spectacular as I was expecting given all the positive reviews online. It's also really pricey for what it is and in all honesty I don't think I'll be repurchasing when my pot ends, as you can get regular lip balms that are much cheaper which do a better job.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don’t know what it is but this dries out my lips. I love the smell though

on 4/25/2018 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice lip balm. It feels wonderful and smells amazing. The mask leaves my lips in great shape. It comes in a 20 gram pot which will last for months. I would prefer a tube though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I’ve had my eye on this product for a while. I even put it on my Christmas list along with the water sleeping mask. I received the water sleeping mask for Christmas, but not the lip sleeping mask. Fortunately, I had racked up enough points at Sephora to buy a sample of it. The sample is very generously sized; I wouldn’t believe it was a sample if I didn’t know any better. I’ve been using it since I got it a couple months ago and I still have a lot left. Props to Sephora/Laneige for providing a decent amount of product in this sample. Like a lot of other reviewers, I use this as a normal lip balm. It’s fairly moisturizing, has a light strawberry scent, and has a pleasant texture, but it’s nothing to write home about. It doesn’t work any wonders for my lips, it just gives them a little hydration. I wouldn’t purchase this at the full price, but I will use up the sample. It’s a nice product, just not worth $20. I have $3 lip balms that work infinitely better than this.

on 4/16/2018 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Not a good mask or balm. Goes on kind of greasy and oily and then sinks into skin and disappears. Makes my lips feel smooth but not hydrated , if that makes sense. I can't rely on this to moisturize at all. Will say that I appreciate the spatula , with it's own cute little envelope (!), that it comes with for sanitary application and the jar is pretty to look at. Waste of money. Won't buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this mask. I put it on at night and my lips have never been better. It is quite a bit of money to purchase, but so little is needed that I actually think the value of the product is quite good.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Meh. This works alright. My lips feel pretty soft the next morning but I don't think it's particularly hydrating. It doesn't perform any better than a cheap lip balm for me, yet it costs exponentially more.

If you insist on purchasing this product, definitely get it from Korean beauty retailers or Ebay because Sephora hikes the price up like crazy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials