LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask
Lip Sleeping Mask Lip Sleeping Mask

3.7

Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl / Isostearyl / Cetyl / Stearyl / Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Synthetic Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, Mica (CI 77019), Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Dimethicone, Fragrance / Parfum, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire de Carnauba, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water, Potassium Alginate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside.

on 2/23/2019 8:48:00 AM

For me, this was a meh product. I've had it for a year and a half i think, and I barely made a dent in it, because it just doesn't give me the level of moisture I'm looking for (and my lips are not even that dry/chapped).
I loved the way it smelt at the beginning, but now the scent has faded in the jar.
I tried using it every night for weeks, hoping the effect was cumulative, but nope. My lips felt moisturized upon application yes, but by morning there was no discernible effect. Eventually I replaced it with Blistex in the dark blue container, and it is much, much better.
Now I only use it to moisturize my nails/cuticles, and I find it works much better for this purpose.
No, I won't re-buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll gladly repurchase this lip mask over and over again, because for 20 USD you get a ton of product (and you only need to use a tiny little bit at a time) and it does the trick for me.

I have dry skin and naturally dry lips. I find that I do not get as much texture whenever I use this lip mask. I like the original scent, because it smells like berries and bubblegum, thus brings back good memories of my childhood. This is not a vegan or 100% green product though, so if you are looking for something that is part of the "clean" beauty line - I think you might enjoy Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask more.

You can read a detailed review on this and many other green skincare bestsellers here (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/02/11/Clean-Skincare-Routine). Hope it helps!

on 2/20/2019 6:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one great find! The first time that I used the sleeping mask on my lips, I didn't think much of it. Pleasant, not too greasy and a nice but subtle berry smell. But when I woke up the following morning and looked in the mirror, my lips were so pouty I thought that I had a cold sore or something nasty coming up. Then I realised that my lips were just fine. They were just so plumped up from this mask, I was amazed. They're also softer and feel more nourished, although it's winter and very cold and windy. This - and to be fair a good dollop of Lano during the day - has transformed my lips from rough and dry to a nice, soft pillow that doesn't even need tinted lip balm. I've been hooked on Nuxe reve de miel for many years, but this one beats it hands down. Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Works for me! I use a thick layer of this last thing before going to sleep and wipe it off in the morning with a damp cotton wash cloth. Instructions state to 'wipe any remaining gently' but I find using a gentle hand is insufficient for removing dead skin. When I follow Laneige's method I end up with a layer of dead skin which isn't a good look, especially when a drying, matte lipstick goes on over it. So a good scrub it is, and if I don't have the wash cloth handy then I just reach for a lip scrub. Either way exfoliation seems to be integral to success with 'Lip sleeping mask'. I have this in 'Vanilla' which smells somewhat artificial but doesn't bother me much. What does however is the ingredients list...it's not the most natural and I'm all too conscious of the fact that this is on my lips. At the end of the day some of this can and will end up in my stomach overnight and I'm not sure if that's a good thing! If not for that would give 5 lippies as the product itself does what it promises to, for me at least.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 2/12/2019 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Disappointing really just a glorified lanoline based product, was expecting a lot more. Expensive for what it is. A shea butter and beeswax based product works much better. This is coming from someone who suffers from dry lips and goes through lip balms all the time. Waste of money. ADDENDUM having looked at the ingredients list, there is actually no lanoline in the product but it has the same feel to it (slightly slick and greasy without actually being moisturising)

on 2/11/2019 6:40:00 PM

This is a big disappointment for me. I was really wanting to try it. The packaging and the claims really sucked me in. I bought a gift set at Christmas from Sephora with the full size of the original and three small pots of other flavors. On the plus side, it does stay on all night. And I do think the pot looks pretty. But that's about all I can say for it. My lips feel dry in the morning. I kept using it, I don't know why, I guess because it cost so much and I kept thinking it was going to get better or some dumb thing. But my lips just kept getting drier and more chapped. So now, I am trying to use it up by putting a layer of good old Carmex on first, then putting this on top at night, since this does seem to stay on well. We'll see how that goes. But I would never buy it again. (I also have tried using it during the day, just around the house as a regular lip balm. My lips never feel moisturized.)

on 1/30/2019 4:46:00 PM

Love this so muc

on 1/30/2019 2:58:00 PM

Love this stuff, saves my lips in the winter.

on 1/3/2019 8:09:00 PM

I kept reading rave reviews about this lip mask so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I only bought a small size as it's not all it's hyped up to be. It smells like artificial cheap stuff, and really isn't any better than something you'd find at the Chemist for a fraction of the price.
I have seriously dry lips, and in my experience and research anything that has artificial scent added to it, or sugar, dries out the lips. So for something like this to have a cheap fake smell surprises me. It honestly does less than a 15RM lip balm my Metholatum I bought at Guardian pharmacy. That stick is unscented and has only food grade ingredients in it. It's far more effective and comfortable on lips that this expensive one.

on 12/27/2018 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I initially purchased this lip mask in the hope of soothing my dry winter lips but also to plump out my lip lines.

This is part of my bedtime routine now and I actually look forward to applying this before I sleep! It definitely reduces how much lip balm I need to wear during the day and has done a good job of hydrating my lips. I can’t say I’ve noticed any smoothing of lip lines or plumper lips.

I’ve tried the berry and apple & lime - both smell divine, but I noticed more moisturising with the berry!

TIP: If you suffer with lined lips when wearing lipstick then apply this every hour for a few hours before applying your lipstick. This will help keep your lips from cracking on a night out.