OPI Suzi - The First Lady Of Nails

OPI Suzi - The First Lady Of Nails

4.7

on 1/13/2018 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Truly a beautiful earthy, olive green. It is a creme finish that is opaque in 2 coats. Currently, I’ve been infatuated with these color greens on my nails and this one is my favorite. It’s really flattering and neutral. I really, really love this color... I like the fact it comes in gel so it’ll last longer as well. Super gorgeous, super shiny. I picked this color in the nail salon but I’m considering buying it online I love it that much.

on 10/2/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Suzi - The First Lady of Nails is from the OPI Washington DC Collection. It is a beautiful well pigmentated olive green cream finish color. It is a very fall color IMO.

The formula was perfect. It applied smoothly and evenly without any pulling or patchiness. The consistency was really good, not too thick or too thin so there was no running, pooling or flooding. The texture was nice and creamy.

On my short nails I reached opacity in one coat. If you have longer nails you might need two coats but I think that is doubtful.

It comes packaged in the standard OPI polish bottle with their signature Pro Wide brush. It used to be that the larger brushes were unique to OPI but I have found that now many manufactures have gone to larger brushes. Personally, I like a larger brush as I think it makes application easier.

I really like this color so I would definitely repurchase this one. Right now OPI is $10.50 per bottle but I picked this one up online from one of the beauty supply stores for around $4.25. For anyone looking for an OPI polish I suggest that you shop online beauty supply stores as they often offer these polishes much less than retail.

I will update in a few days on wear, removal and staining.

UPDATE: I got good wear from this polish. Removal was easy and there was no staining.

on 8/25/2017 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Medium-dark warm (yellow leaning, instead of blue or grey leaning) sultry, sophisticated, earthy olive. Doesn't seem like it would be pretty from the bottle, but it really is! It's so much prettier on, and I think darker, too. So, if you like to wear brown polish, and you like the *idea* of green nail polish, but you're not sure if it would ever look good, then try olive. I really had doubts (almost returned it before trying it) but once I put it on, I loved it. It looked as good as the pics online. It's really flattering (on me, with the yellow undertones). It goes with everything in my wardrobe ( it's neutral, more like a brown then a green, and I love to wear earth tones). I also have Stay off the Lawn, I love the color in the bottle, but it's got too much blue for my skin-tone (these are my first greens, so now I know what to choose in the future).

Forgot to add this: Application was great, only 2 light coats for opacity. And no staining upon removal! I was so surprised how easy removal was. Huge plus. Stay off the Lawn stained some; it's got that blue, you know.

My opinion (and I looked at a lot of swatches online).... This polish looks best with warm skin tones, because it's warm. If you're cool (pink undertones), consider the new Iceland's Ulta exclusive Rebel Without a Moss. It's a really subtle cool toned olive (it's muted, dusty, grey-olive). I compared these two in the store yesterday.

on 3/18/2017 9:23:00 PM

Awesome color! The previous reviewer describes it perfectly, it's olive/army green with a creme finish. From their Washington D.C. Collection for Fall 2016, OPI's Suzi The First Lady of Nails is a little bit grungy and 90s-looking. I think it's pretty cool and I don't have anything else that looks like it.

Four lippies instead of five because the formula is a little streaky, but it self-levels beautifully. Opaque in two coats and the end results look great.

This is a welcome addition to my collection, and I would buy this one again.

on 10/12/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Suzi-First Lady of Nails from the OPI Washington DC Collection is a fabulous deep olive/army/camo green. I don't have anything like it, it's an unusual color but one that I'm glad I purchased.
It's a creme polish. I found the formula very easy to work with. It has a great consistency, goes on easily, self levels and has good opacity.
Two coats worked very well. A top coat of SV added a hardness and a glossy look for many days.
This is a great Fall/Winter color. It goes well with olive green as well as a perfect accent to burgundies, reds, camel, spice colors.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Suzi - The First Lady Of Nails is a slightly dusty olive green creme, and is from the autumn 2016 Washington DC collection. This shade is perfect for this time of the year; I'm getting bored of wearing my summer shades, but am not quite ready for full-on vampies. I've removed a star because I know that OPI have several similar polish shades, so I'll warn you now that if you do already own one of OPI's similar shades and like the formula of it, then you can skip this as there is really nothing new on offer here - just a tune-up on a classic OPI shade.

This might not be a unique colour, but it has a winning formula; it's not too thick and gloopy, but is not thin and streaky either. This shade straddles the line between being a one coater and a two coater, so sometimes there'll be one or two thin spots with just the one coat on me, so I do find that I need that second coat to level everything out. Someone who is better than me at painting their nails, will probably only need the one coat. Here's my usual statement for nail polish reviews; polishes in general will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.

I do own Uh-oh Roll Down The Window, which is a similar shade (a bit lighter), so this isn't a must-own for me. I don't regret getting it as the formula is great, but if I lost it tomorrow I wouldn't replace it.

Popular Polishes