LORAC Mega Pro 3

LORAC Mega Pro 3
Mega Pro 3Mega Pro 3

4.8

on 10/16/2017 9:59:00 PM

Being a warm eyeshadow lover, this palette was right up my alley. The shades are buttery, soft and consistent with the Lorac pro palette 1 and 2. Packaging is meh but I'm not complaining, just a cardboard exterior with a large mirror.

on 7/20/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This was the first Mega Pro palette I bought and for the most part, I was pleased. Love the warm colors and like the majority of LORAC's eyeshadows, they are buttery soft and vibrant. Did not like the packaging as it's impossible to keep clean and because it's so big I don't care for taking it with me when I travel. All in all an enthusiastic "meh".

on 1/13/2017 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian, mid 30's, NC 25-30, dry lids,hooded eyes.

Hands down, my HG eyeshadow palette. I use it every day, everywhere. Work, date, short errands,NY party.

This is maybe the best and the only one palette I'll ever need in my life. The color selection looks boring, perhaps, but these colors are the colors I will actually use. I love how the colors are mostly warm match with my undertone, with 2 rows of matte and 2 rows of frost shadows. The brown colors are perfect to be combined or used interchangeably as base-transition-crease-highlight for natural,every day look.
Buttery, no question. Blends heavenly, and stays put on my lids with no creasing and no smudging (with primer, ofc. I use my UD Anti Aging or NYX HD).

Some say LORAC's shadows are chalky and the fall out is horrible. I dont find them chalky and/or falling out at all. I use this with a light hand. I dont ever need much with LORAC's eyeshadows as they are highly pigmented and blends effortlessly so all I need is the right brush and a light hand. No fall out. Beside, I always do my eyes first, my face later.

But the packaging is awful. You have a palette full of finely milled,highly pigmented shadows? Cool, let's put it inside a white palette! Who did that? Why? I wrapped my palette in thin plastic you used to wrap food with and secure it with tapes.

I love this palette too much.

on 11/7/2016 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know many people will think, oh another neutral eye palette. But to be honest, all of the palettes these days have colors that have already been done. There's nothing really new in any of them. I chose to purchase mega pro 3 over the coveted ABH "modern Renaissance." This palette is freaking fantastic. I mean seriously. Lorac blows it out of the water with their soft, creamy eyeshadows. Literally, some shades you just need to tap your brush into. I feel like I can make so many looks with this set. And the shade pomegranate um, yes so beautiful. I do believe the pan sizes are quite small. But if you're light handed - which you need to be with Lorac shadows - I think it will last for a while. But dang limited editions, I would repurchases if I could.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am so blown away by this palette, it is absolutely stunning. First of all, I love Lorac shadows to begin with, I love the formula of their metallic shades. They are so foiled and pigmented. I think what makes this palette so amazing is the range of transition shades and of course the amazing metallic shades. It seems like every palette has a medium warm toned brown for transition, and I have always got sick of that because I have it 100 different times. This has a perfect nude transition, a warm toned mauve, a cool toned mauve, a neutral medium brown, a grey-brown.. the list goes on. You can create so many different looks! When it comes to the metallic shades, I could talk all day. They are THE MOST beautiful and vibrant metallics I have ever seen in a palette. So much more than any Too Faced palette, so much more than even the NAKED palettes. Every single metallic shade is consistent with the intense and buttery formula. There are so many shades in the palette but after using it everyday for almost 6 months, I can say I have probably used just about every shadow in this palette. Not stunning and versatile palette I own. Now, I have to mention that this formula will not last on your eyes with an eye shadow primer. I use eyeshadow primer every single day so that doesn't effect me, but I have tried it without it and they don't last more than a few hours. Besides that, this palette is flawless. I use it every single day, I love it so much.

Oh my goodness!!! This palette is my holy grail!! I use this like everyday! New looks and some shimmers can be used as a highlighter!!

on 10/30/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I couldn't resist getting this since I adore other Lorac palettes and the shades in this are gorgeous. They have a silky texture and blend well. I still use an eye primer but these still have decent longevity on my oily lids. The packaging is very chic and nice as well and I like that there is a mirror. I'm happy I picked this up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I debated this for a while. Photos of the palette on social media are all over the place - some making the colors look very cool, while others make the palette colors look very peachy/orange in tone.

Being cool toned, I typically avoid peachy shades, because they pull so orange on me. (the most accurate photos of the palette are on Musings of a Muse's blog) Upon arrival, I was so glad to see that the palette wasn't so peachy like it looked in the photos on Ulta's website. Very wearable shades, most are a bit warm toned.

The formula is good - what you would expect from Lorac. (better than the mega pro 2 formulas in my opinion) It is a more powdery formula, which applies and blends really nicely, especially if you have dry skin, and are dealing with fine lines and wrinkles. The formula does require a soft touch. Just a light tap with a brush will pick up lots of product. (I tap my brush, not swipe into the palette, and this significantly reduces kick up) It blends so well, you can easily overblend. If you have a heavy hand with brushes, you are going to kick up a lot of dust in the palette.

I don't use primer every day, because I am lazy. But these shades last really nicely without primer. (I have dry skin though, so looks tend to stay in place) With Lorac primer, my eyeshadow stays put for 16 hours, and looks almost as good at the end of the day.

The biggest shade disappointment was Dark Navy - this one swatches very patchy. If you have the Lorac Pro 1 - the mauve shade in the mega pro is more purple than the mauve in the pro1.

It's a great variety in this palette. Lots of options for work appropriate looks, but also plenty to kick it up a notch for an evening out.

Is the palette dupable? Probably. If you have a lot of eyeshadow palettes, you probably have most of these shades. But if you aren't a "collector" this is a great palette that will have everything you need. It's a great all-in-one that has enough variety that you would be happy to use daily.

The palette looks so sleek, but I see this one getting dirty really quickly. I saw a video on youtube, with someone who had a great idea. She purchased clear sheets of adhesive laminating paper. She laminated the front and back to keep it looking clean. You can find this at Walmart or an office store like Staples for a couple bucks. Just make sure you purchase the kind that doesn't require a laminating machine. She stuck it to the palette, and trimmed the excess.

For reference: my current skin tone is around NW20

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hands down, this is one of the best palettes released in 2016. A simple basic everyday palette. I am actually able to use every single shade in this palette. Great workday, wedding palette. All the shades apply so buttery, cream-like and are easy to blend. I only have to swatch once across my eye to get the intensity and depth I'm looking for. Get it you will like it too.

on 10/3/2016 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

You NEED this palette! You want this palette. If you are looking at reviews this is an honest option for you and you are trying to decide if it belongs in your collection...

As makeup lovers, we hear limited edition and usually buy just so we won't miss out. I did with this palette. But boy, was it worth it!! So many warm tones, right up my alley. The pigmentation is just like the PRO 1 & 2 and not at all like the PRO 3. Which was good for me because I did not enjoy the PRO 3. I would say it is the exact same as the MEGA PRO 2 as well.

Lorac shadows are powdery, they leave fall out. So do ABH shadows and they are some of the best. Fall out does not factor into my review, the shades are lovely. I do wonder about MIST. Such an odd combination at first glance, it just stands out! But I'm sure there will be a look that incorporates it beautifully.

I feel like if you are on the fence on this one, GET IT! I was looking forward to the re-release of the Too Faced Peach Palette since I did not get it, and I feel like this was such a better choice. I love the peachy and rosy shades this gives. Lorac really redeemed themselves after the PRO 3, (in my opinion).

Don't let this one slip past you, I am pretty sure you will love it. I am fair skinned but I could totally see every skin tone loving this. I have the MEGA PRO 2 and there were far too many light shades, this one seems perfect for everyone!!

Elephant in the room: the packaging is white- it WILL get dirty.. Quickly.. Mine already looks like a toddler played in it. I dont do makeup videos so I am the only one who ever sees my palettes - I will just look at it being dirty :)