Smashbox Studio Fx

1 review

on 9/26/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this with high hopes it would be awesome. The color range is good for me, and it was a great match. It's weird to use, though. It's draggy. It seems thin and good for layering, but surprisingly, it's not. I put it on, and then attempted to put on another layer with a concealer brush, and it seemed to pill and rub off. I figured it was my technique, so I tried to just be faster, and it worked out okay...not great, but okay. It was also really draggy on any redness I wanted to cover. But the next problem was that it doesn't really last all day. It didn't crease....it just disappeared. I tried for a month to figure out a way to use it, but then I figured for $25, this was simply too high maintenance of a relationship with a concealer, and I broke up with it. Luckily, I was able to return it. I'm back to using Revlon Color stay, which has some mixed reviews here, but for me, I find it blends really well, lasts all day, and has good color matches. Don't know why I cheated, but I guess I get bored with makeup sometimes and look around!