Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20
Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 .OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280(https://www.drugs.com/otc/103541/lingerie-de-peau-invisible-skin-fusions-foundation-24.html)

on 9/14/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was a meh foundation to me.

The foundation looks patchy and powdery on my skin even though I have combination to oily skin! I'm gonna assume that's caused by the alcohol.....which shouldn't be part of the ingredients in the first place for the hefty amount of money this foundation costs.

Anyways, I'm NC30 and the shade I picked up was 03W.

on 8/16/2017 11:09:00 AM

Unimpressive and average. There is nothing horrible about this foundation, but nothing positive that would make it stand it out (there are more mediocre liquid foundations than sand on a beach, in all price segments). It applies and blends decently enough with both beauty blender and brush, but with this the finish looks nicer when applied with brush. It's reasonably forgiving when it comes to dry patches and doesn't settle into pores much, but it doesn't blur anything away. Lines, texture, pores are still as they were before foundation, that changes during wear, though. During the day it does migrate a bit into skin folds/lines and it's not transfer-proof either. At the end of day it tends to exaggerate any flaws in texture, so it's not exactly a flattering foundation. Coverage is sheer to medium and it lasts 8 h without looking horrible or separation, there seems to be something oil absorbing in the mix as well, it also holds up well without setting sprays or powders. The finish isn't exactly matte, but a far cry from dewy or even satin finish. I wouldn't call it natural or nude looking, it has a bit of mask-like effect even when applied sheerly with a beauty blender. I'm not sure what demographic Guerlain intended this foundation for, but if I had to guess is that it's intended as a basic foundation for people under 30, it unifies skin tone reasonably well, but it doesn't play well during extended wear, despite the solid lasting power, and it doesn't offer any "skin perfecting" features that I could notice, despite what the pamphlet says about smoothing properties and whatnot.

on 4/28/2017 4:25:00 PM

This foundation looks nice on me till about 2 hours after applying. After that it starts looking powdery, unnatural, emphasizes pores and lines. I also felt my skin did not breathe under it, it created a mask effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So bitter about my love of this foundation. I got a sample thinking it would be whatever. I also went to buy the new Estée Lauder double wear nude gel foundation the same day (not the cushion) and I was mo excited about that to be honest. Well this one was the clear winner. It smoothed out any texture I had, lasted alllll day without primer, and just looked so good. 3w was the color I got I think, I'm basically a light olive color and it works perfectly. It really brightens my face. I've been trying to find a dupe, but thinking I might just have to buy this and call it a day.

This foundation is heaven. The texture is light..it is buildable...the scent is pleasant. It lasts through a hot summer day or a entire night out. On me..it does not get oily. However
. ..it oxidize..so I picked one shade lighter and after half an hour the shade is right.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried foundation from numerous brands like MUFE, Tarte, Too Faced, NARS, Becca, Marc Jacobs, and none of them can compare to this. This is everthing Ive ever wanted; For reference, I have acne prone combination skin that can get especially oily.
First of all, the packaging is just luxurious, and personally I find pumps very convieniet. I only need maybe 2 pumps to cover my face, you definetly don't need a lot because it spreads quite easily. It has a floral scent that caught me off guard at first, but it's not bad. If you're sensitive to scent I would maybe steer clear. My shade is O1W (In MUFE Im Y225 and NARS Im Gobi) and its a perfect match. However, I think it has the potential to oxidize. But when I asked my friends and Sephora consultant, they said no. It may be just me being self-conscious because I'd hate to look Trumpy. It has a natural finish; does not stick to dry patches, and holds off my oil for atleast half the day before I need to blot. The coverage is sheer and can easily build to a medium coverage. I use a brush and it works perfectly. If you have some blemishes like I do, you may want to use some concealer. It's truly lightweight and thats what I love about it; not at all cakey, it just gives you beautiful, radiant looking skin. It also wears longer than any 'long wear' foundation Ive tried. It doesn't break down, even after 12 hours. Also, while I was sampling this I ran out of my primer, and I found that I dont need it with this foundation. I've always relied on primer but this honestly works amazing without. Also didn't break me out. The price point is.........ugh. When sampling, I didnt want to like it, because damn. But in all, $70 for atleast 6 months of product..that's my HG..take my money.

Im 51 and had been having a very difficult time finding a foundation that worked well with the issues that come with my age. This foundation is perfect and makes my skin look flawless. It seems to work over any primer and has great staying powder. I'm so glad I found it.

on 3/12/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My match in this foundation is 02W Clair Doré and it matches my light olive skin beautifully. I'm around NC20 and I wear NARS Deauville and MUFE HD 120 as well.

Edit: this foundation has now become my favourite of all time, which is no easy feat. I've just repurchased a second bottle, and I also have an additional shade as well for the summer months. This is so forgiving on my dry skin and makes me look very polished without being overly made up. This foundation has a super convincing, skin-like finish. I love it to death.

Having tried several Guerlain foundations in the past (Lingerie, Parure Gold, Parure de Lumiere), I've found that while the formulas are completely gorgeous, the colour range sucked! Prior to this reformulation, their shades came in a simple 01-05 system. They did have varying undertones depending on the country and which vendor you're buying their foundations from, but you couldn't find the specific warm undertone ones outside of Asia. Nonetheless, the shades hovered around a supposed neutral undertone range, but different shades leaned different undertones inconsistently across the board, in addition with inconsistency in the foundation line they're in. It was incredibly frustrating to come across awesome foundations that never quite matched me. :( Thankfully with this reformulation, they've completely revamped the shade range system and it's awesome. You have a choice between cool, neutral, and warm undertones across varying shade intensities. Hurray! As I've mentioned earlier, the W range is great for warm and olive undertones. I see a lot of people in online reviews who are more neutral to warm that find the N range to suit them best, so do test and sample beforehand!

This foundation comes in a beautiful glass bottle with a pump that distributes the perfect amount of foundation. The shape of the bottle has improved from a wide flattish one to something more square at the base and compact, which still looks absolutely elegant. The cap is black with a gold face on top that is embossed with the Guerlain logo. It is absolutely luxurious without being gaudy.

This foundation provides very buildable light to medium coverage with a very natural skin finish that is not too dewy nor matte. The finish of this foundation on the skin imparts a beautiful lit-from-within glow. You can add extra product to areas that need more coverage without any fuss with cakeyness and I found it to be very forgiving on my dry skin. No dry flake city, which is always a bonus :) It blurs imperfections such as flakes, pores and skin texture and makes my skin look baby smooth! True to its name, this foundation does not feel heavy at all on the face, feeling very lightweight like the finest lingerie silks! It is also a blessing for my dry skin that it doesn't dehydrate it throughout the day, so it holds very comfortably on me throughout the day with its lightly hydrating properties. Since it is slightly hydrating, it is probably not the best for hot weather but it's been a very good and reliable winter foundation to me thus far.

I wear this without primer and it lasts all day on me, with the foundation starting to wear off at around the 8 hour mark. Still, I always come home with my whole face makeup intact--even after I work out. My favourite way to set this foundation is with Guerlain Meteorites, which really boosts that healthy skin look that this foundation already gives me. I also have zero issues with transferring as it holds up pretty well on me.

This foundation does have fragrance in it, but it's not heavy or bothersome at all. It's a very pleasant, powdery soapy rose scent that's not overpowering at all to my sensitive nose and skin. After the initial application, I barely notice it. It also does contain alcohol but like I've mentioned earlier, it is actually lightly hydrating and not irritating at all.

This is a great foundation for those with dry, normal, or combo skin. I can't imagine it working out with someone who has oily skin, unless you don't mind retouching it all day. It wears very nicely on the skin and it avoids being broken up and separating into oily patches on me at the end of the day. Still, it's not an ideal summer foundation although it wouldn't be the worst choice. I highly recommend this foundation to those of you who want a very natural looking foundation as it's gorgeous!

on 4/7/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a regular user of MUFE HD foundation, and I wanted to try something else. With MUFE, I wear R230, and with Lingerie de peau, I wear 02C. I'm really fair, on the rosé side, and it's a perfect match for me for both products. I think lingerie de peau is just a tad bit lighter than MUFE.

First of all, the bottle is really nice. It's luxurious, beautiful, glass with a gold top and seriously, just nice. The only thing that I don't like about this bottle is the fact that I'm not able to remove the cap completely to use what's left in the bottle.

Second, the scent of the product. It's scented, a soft flowery scent and it's nice and it leaves the skin quickly. However, if you're sensitive to fragrance, maybe you will want to pass on this one. I have a really sensitive skin that gets red easily, and it's not bothered by this product.

Third, the actual product. I really really like the fact that it's SPF 20, which I don't see a lot in foundation. It's also a really nice, healthy glow coverage. I would say the coverage is light to medium but really buildable. It never look cakey. I can apply it with a beautyblender, I can apply it with my fingers, or with a brush, it doesn't matter, it always look nice!

All-in-all, it's a really nice product and I would buy it again.

on 3/16/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I purchased this foundation on a holiday sale as a splurge.

First off, the packaging is incredibly luxurious, with the glass bottle, the black cap, the golden Guerlain logo... Heavenly.
This foundation is scented, so people with sensitive skin should beware. I enjoyed the violet scent (even though it's bad for the skin).

The foundation offers sheer to medium coverage that can easily be built up to medium in problem areas without ever looking cakey, emphasizing pores or textures of the skin. The finish can't be described as dewy - it's more of a luminous, beautiful finish, not quite satin, definitely not matte. For me, it works wonderfully and wears quite long even without a primer. As for the application, I feel it's foolproof. I've only used my fingers, and a random Bourjois face brush that I got as a gift with a purchase, and both methods gave amazing results. I don't photograph often, or with a bright flash, so I can't make claims about flashback.

I'm still on the fence about crying HOLY GRAIL, due to a few drawbacks.

The first one, obviously, is the price, but I'd get over it were that my only problem. I've been using the foundation during winter, and I have been experiencing some minor dry patches, and I'm afraid it's the alcohol in it, but it could simply be due to the winter face. I'll have to do some more testing and report back with the results.

I'm about NC15, and my match is 00N.