Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20
Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 .OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280(https://www.drugs.com/otc/103541/lingerie-de-peau-invisible-skin-fusions-foundation-24.html)

on 6/6/2018 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I thought I have found my HG foundation when I got my YSL youth liberating serum foundation but this one topped it off by another mile. The texture is very watery but the coverage is very good. I used it when I just finished my cautering treatment that left burn marks on my face and I almost don't need concealer (except for the big marks). The finish is dewy, the kind that makes you look like you have a healthy glow. Very easy to work with and good staying lower, even without primer. I wore this for 5 hours and barely notice its fading - but then again I haven't tested it for longer wear as I hardly wear makeup that much. But this is not an everyday foundation for me as it is very visible, glowy, made up look. Definitely great for special occasions.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm absolutely obsessed with this foundation. Is the "perfect daily foundation" search finally over? Quite possibly!

I first tested this new/2016 version around this time last year (Spring 2017), and in hindsight, didn't give it a fair shot. I had recently started using Differin gel for occasional breakouts, so was suffering from clogs coming to the surface, smooth skin one day followed by flaky the next, and a moisturizer that was irritating my skin, - so on. I thought it was breaking me out and ditched it.

Jump forward to November 2017. My skin was pretty well adjusted to Differin, and I'd long ditched the moisturizer that was causing me problems. I decided to give this another try after seeing a MUA friend post a (gorgeous!) FOTD wearing it.
I don't try to make MAC foundations work for me anymore (breakouts), but the last time I did, NC15 and N1 were ok matches IIRC. I don't think I ever go darker than NC20, and at my palest I was probably NC10ish. I also like Shiseido's Urban Environment Tinted Moisturizer, and use Shade 1 (this is sheer coverage and forgiving). I wore Bare Minerals for some time and could use "Fair" as well as "Fairly Light" in the summer. Also, Lucy Minerals in Cream (for shade reference). I'm rambling about my coloring... Basically, I'm fair and neutral. Dark hair and eyes.

In Guerlain LDP I chose 02N. If I could ever get my hands on samples of 00N and 02C, I'd like to try them, just based off swatches I've seen online.
02N is an OK match. It's a little olive on me, but forgiving. It's a light coverage, natural foundation. It is buildable. Adding a second layer is easy peasy, and flakes/dry patches showing through aren't a concern. (This is huge. I'm the QUEEN of dry patches and flakies. I live in the NE where in the winter, we have nights that drop down to 10 below 0 F. It's hell on my skin). Speaking of - my skin is combo, prone to breakouts, SD, dehydration, and extremely sensitive (redness, hives).
I apply with a beauty blender (or similar, L'Oreal) sponge. It's possible that packing it on with a brush or fingertips would provide more coverage, I just haven't played around with those techniques. I adore the finish from the sponge.

The alcohol and fragrance (which is strong BTW) concerned me originally, but I've been wearing it daily since November 2017 and it hasn't given me any irritation issues.
It doesn't break me out (cyclops free, yay!), turn me into an orange oil slick by the end of the day, leave me looking flaky/peely, or require me to use powder to set. It doesn't need touched up mid day. It's quick and easy for me to apply in a hurry (important to me as a busy mom that's not a morning person).

The downsides... first, the price of course. But this isn't a huge shocker for me - it's Guerlain after all. The price ($63 for 1oz - ouch) is what I'd expect from this brand, so I can look past it since my skin loves it.
But the packaging.... ugh. It's lovely to look at, but I have absolutely no idea how much I have left. I've used a pump daily since November, I've got to be running low, right? IDK... It's a heavy duty glass bottle - shaking it shows me nothing. I thought to myself, "I'll just screw off the pump and look inside to see how much is left." No. That didn't work. Then I wondered, maybe I'm weak? I'll grab the hubby's pliers and screw it off that way. No. Now my pump just jiggles and annoys me. It does not come off or open in any way humanly possible.
I was reading reviews here for one of Guerlain's primers the other day and the gal said something like, "I'll just break the pump off when I get to the end of the bottle to get every last drop out". Good luck with that girlfriend! I've been trying... So aside from busting it off the sidewalk and smearing my face on the ground when it quits pumping, how I'll get every last drop out of my $63 bottle of foundation is beyond me.
On the other hand, I guess I respect that it's tamper proof. I don't have to worry that someone poured out my Lingerie De Peau and refilled it with Covergirl or something crazy. I think I'll Google this and see if anyone has come up with a solution and report back!

Aside from my rant about the packaging lol, (TL;DR) I do love this for my combo, sensitive skin, and do plan to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has easily become one of my favorite foundations. My skin is oily but it lasts. I just love how natural it looks. The coverage is just nice as I prefer something with sheer-medium coverage.

on 3/20/2018 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Note: I'm using the post-2016 version and the new formula and shade range are different from the pre-2016 ver.

This foundation is literally GOD-SEND but I'm giving it 4 stars because I know it won't work for everyone. I think my quest for the HG foundation is finally over (until Guerlain decides to discontinue or change the formula again that is).

About me:
Skin type: sensitive (especially during seasonal changes) and combo (dry-combo around cooler months, oily combo around summer months)
Undertone: yellow olive (cooler in winter months, warmer as I tan); most shades either pull gold, pink or orange on me
Tone: Fair-Light (~NC 15) in winter months, Light (~NC 20-25) in summer months
Main concerns: enlarged pores on cheeks, SF on the nose, uneven skin tone (darkness around hairline and redness on cheeks/nose), oiliness in T-zone, occasional dry skin patches
Preferred foundation finish: skin-like(satin/sheer), light coverage

Here's why it worked for me:
- Doesn't settle into fine lines or emphasize pores compared to other non-dewy foundations. It actually does a decent job blurring my pores.
- 01N (although 01W is probably a closer fit) pulls a bit peach but has a brightening and color correcting effect on my olive skin, only oxidizes by half a shade and doesn't pull orange as the day goes on
- Long lasting for my combo skin, meaning that it doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it easily melt off my t-zone after 4-6 hours of wear
- Skin-like, natural finish, a truly "my skin but better" finish but buildable for those who like it

Here's why it won't work for everyone:
- It's expensive. It's 63 USD a pop with no discounts.
- It's not alcohol or fragrance-free.
- Limited shade range outside of Europe (full range: https://www.guerlain.com/uk/en-uk/makeup/face/foundations/lingerie-de-peau-natural-perfection-skin-fusion-texture#) and VERY LIMITED shade range for darker skin tones. I had to order mine on eBay and didn't get to try on a sample since neither 01N nor 01W is available in the US.
- The shades are a bit weird - just because you're an NC 30 doesn't necessarily mean you're a 03W. Definitely try it on in stores or get a sample if possible.
- You will need to pair it with a moisturizing primer or a mattifying primer depending on the season, your skin type and your problem areas.
- I don't recommend this for extremely oily or dry skin types.

on 1/13/2018 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a sample of this in Clair (02N), the shade for light skin. I’m fair, so this was darker than I would prefer my foundation to be. It also oxidized to a more orange tone, which made any uneven application very obvious. Applied properly over the right primer, this had a beautiful satin finish that made my foundation look like perfection (aside from the improper shade issue.) I can’t stress that enough- with the right skincare and primer underneath, this was breathtaking. But when I moisturized and threw this on in a hurry, I’d notice how uneven and splotchy (and orange) my face looked in car mirror. If you have the money, proper color match, and the time to figure out what works best under it for your skin, definitely get a sample and see how it works for you.

on 1/12/2018 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lingerie de peau was the best foundation for me for many years, and than they changed some colors and i think ingredients too :/
The texture is still near to GOD, but not so much covering anymore. And now it is noticeable on my face, before i had so many compliments about the nude look, nobody cant notice if im having make up on me or no.
Im using nr.2 and i swear to god, that it is not the same nr. 2 as it was.
Anyway, it is still my second choice after la prairie foundation (which is pretty pricey), this one is nice alternative.
Neutral scent. Nice glass jar, beautiful packaging.
It gives flawless, smooth finish, very healthy looking skin, stays longer (primer is obligatory), will suit better to dry skin, but when i was super oily skin owner it was working for me to, just need good primer and nice loose powder (la prairie DO wonders).

on 12/16/2017 6:41:00 AM

I don't know if it's my holy graal just because in 3 hours my nose gets shiny, but I got a problematic nose...This is the best foundation I have ever tried since I turned 40's and nothing worked well in my skin. I gave up matte finish..don't appreciate anymore..I have combo skin.It lasts all day,I just use my fingers to application.Kabuki gives a high coverage if needed.I can not explain in words what Lingerie do in my skin...It's light coverage but turns your skin wonderful....got it?It's not matte but isn't glowy too...it's perfect. It's your skin but better. In tropical weather lasts all day.Doesn't mark my fine lines... I'm in love, it's pricey but worth it. I have an issue with my nose, in 3 hours begin to show some bright. I have tried primers, powders...so I can not blame the foundation.Lingerie for me it's much better than Lancome and Dior foundations I have reviewed.

on 9/14/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was a meh foundation to me.

The foundation looks patchy and powdery on my skin even though I have combination to oily skin! I'm gonna assume that's caused by the alcohol.....which shouldn't be part of the ingredients in the first place for the hefty amount of money this foundation costs.

Anyways, I'm NC30 and the shade I picked up was 03W.

on 8/16/2017 11:09:00 AM

Unimpressive and average. There is nothing horrible about this foundation, but nothing positive that would make it stand it out (there are more mediocre liquid foundations than sand on a beach, in all price segments). It applies and blends decently enough with both beauty blender and brush, but with this the finish looks nicer when applied with brush. It's reasonably forgiving when it comes to dry patches and doesn't settle into pores much, but it doesn't blur anything away. Lines, texture, pores are still as they were before foundation, that changes during wear, though. During the day it does migrate a bit into skin folds/lines and it's not transfer-proof either. At the end of day it tends to exaggerate any flaws in texture, so it's not exactly a flattering foundation. Coverage is sheer to medium and it lasts 8 h without looking horrible or separation, there seems to be something oil absorbing in the mix as well, it also holds up well without setting sprays or powders. The finish isn't exactly matte, but a far cry from dewy or even satin finish. I wouldn't call it natural or nude looking, it has a bit of mask-like effect even when applied sheerly with a beauty blender. I'm not sure what demographic Guerlain intended this foundation for, but if I had to guess is that it's intended as a basic foundation for people under 30, it unifies skin tone reasonably well, but it doesn't play well during extended wear, despite the solid lasting power, and it doesn't offer any "skin perfecting" features that I could notice, despite what the pamphlet says about smoothing properties and whatnot.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So bitter about my love of this foundation. I got a sample thinking it would be whatever. I also went to buy the new Estée Lauder double wear nude gel foundation the same day (not the cushion) and I was mo excited about that to be honest. Well this one was the clear winner. It smoothed out any texture I had, lasted alllll day without primer, and just looked so good. 3w was the color I got I think, I'm basically a light olive color and it works perfectly. It really brightens my face. I've been trying to find a dupe, but thinking I might just have to buy this and call it a day.