GUERLAIN Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

GUERLAIN Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20
Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 .OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280(https://www.drugs.com/otc/103541/lingerie-de-peau-invisible-skin-fusions-foundation-24.html)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is very bad for the skin because of the strong perfume. The perfume smell does not go away, it keeps smelling strong the whole day. Also, it oxidizes. I'd did look good at first and then started turning orange. I returned mine and lost interest in this brand. If they want to charge so much, it better be safe with good color range that won't make you look like oompa loompa.

on 7/30/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried a sample of this in the older version (the ingredients are still the same); shade 2W (31) - and it applied beautifully, looked a little light for my NC15/NC20 skin - but the undertone was perfect (yellow). However, it applied beautifully and really WOWED me after I got done applying this with a sponge. BUT - once I had applied a little of my setting powder, this went downhill FAST on my skin. Within the next hour - it started to breakdown/separate on my skin. This is water based, and I can only use water-based primers, so I know it wasn't an issue of applications - and it looked beautiful and covered beautifully over all my skincare - so I have no idea what happened, but by 9AM - I had to wipe this off my face. Ugh. Sometimes I think I'm better off with foundations with talc higher up in the ingredients than mica or silica. But this is lovely once applied if you can get it to last. Bummer. I do love Guerlain's primers, though and have repurchased those.

Bourjois serum foundation is my favourite drugstore foundation.
This is my favourite high-end foundation.
I love how it looks on my skin. It's light-medium coverage, it evens out my skintone and it looks natural, in a way that makes me feel beautiful and confident. And it has a powdery flowery smell, which I love.
It is quite expensive I think, so I only wear this when I want to feel 'extra' for the day.
Would definitely repurchase and if Guerlain discontinue this I think I would die lol

on 6/6/2018 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I thought I have found my HG foundation when I got my YSL youth liberating serum foundation but this one topped it off by another mile. The texture is very watery but the coverage is very good. I used it when I just finished my cautering treatment that left burn marks on my face and I almost don't need concealer (except for the big marks). The finish is dewy, the kind that makes you look like you have a healthy glow. Very easy to work with and good staying lower, even without primer. I wore this for 5 hours and barely notice its fading - but then again I haven't tested it for longer wear as I hardly wear makeup that much. But this is not an everyday foundation for me as it is very visible, glowy, made up look. Definitely great for special occasions.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has easily become one of my favorite foundations. My skin is oily but it lasts. I just love how natural it looks. The coverage is just nice as I prefer something with sheer-medium coverage.

on 3/20/2018 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Note: I'm using the post-2016 version and the new formula and shade range are different from the pre-2016 ver.

This foundation is literally GOD-SEND but I'm giving it 4 stars because I know it won't work for everyone. I think my quest for the HG foundation is finally over (until Guerlain decides to discontinue or change the formula again that is).

About me:
Skin type: sensitive (especially during seasonal changes) and combo (dry-combo around cooler months, oily combo around summer months)
Undertone: yellow olive (cooler in winter months, warmer as I tan); most shades either pull gold, pink or orange on me
Tone: Fair-Light (~NC 15) in winter months, Light (~NC 20-25) in summer months
Main concerns: enlarged pores on cheeks, SF on the nose, uneven skin tone (darkness around hairline and redness on cheeks/nose), oiliness in T-zone, occasional dry skin patches
Preferred foundation finish: skin-like(satin/sheer), light coverage

Here's why it worked for me:
- Doesn't settle into fine lines or emphasize pores compared to other non-dewy foundations. It actually does a decent job blurring my pores.
- 01N (although 01W is probably a closer fit) pulls a bit peach but has a brightening and color correcting effect on my olive skin, only oxidizes by half a shade and doesn't pull orange as the day goes on
- Long lasting for my combo skin, meaning that it doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it easily melt off my t-zone after 4-6 hours of wear
- Skin-like, natural finish, a truly "my skin but better" finish but buildable for those who like it

Here's why it won't work for everyone:
- It's expensive. It's 63 USD a pop with no discounts.
- It's not alcohol or fragrance-free.
- Limited shade range outside of Europe (full range: https://www.guerlain.com/uk/en-uk/makeup/face/foundations/lingerie-de-peau-natural-perfection-skin-fusion-texture#) and VERY LIMITED shade range for darker skin tones. I had to order mine on eBay and didn't get to try on a sample since neither 01N nor 01W is available in the US.
- The shades are a bit weird - just because you're an NC 30 doesn't necessarily mean you're a 03W. Definitely try it on in stores or get a sample if possible.
- You will need to pair it with a moisturizing primer or a mattifying primer depending on the season, your skin type and your problem areas.
- I don't recommend this for extremely oily or dry skin types.

on 1/13/2018 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a sample of this in Clair (02N), the shade for light skin. I’m fair, so this was darker than I would prefer my foundation to be. It also oxidized to a more orange tone, which made any uneven application very obvious. Applied properly over the right primer, this had a beautiful satin finish that made my foundation look like perfection (aside from the improper shade issue.) I can’t stress that enough- with the right skincare and primer underneath, this was breathtaking. But when I moisturized and threw this on in a hurry, I’d notice how uneven and splotchy (and orange) my face looked in car mirror. If you have the money, proper color match, and the time to figure out what works best under it for your skin, definitely get a sample and see how it works for you.

on 1/12/2018 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lingerie de peau was the best foundation for me for many years, and than they changed some colors and i think ingredients too :/
The texture is still near to GOD, but not so much covering anymore. And now it is noticeable on my face, before i had so many compliments about the nude look, nobody cant notice if im having make up on me or no.
Im using nr.2 and i swear to god, that it is not the same nr. 2 as it was.
Anyway, it is still my second choice after la prairie foundation (which is pretty pricey), this one is nice alternative.
Neutral scent. Nice glass jar, beautiful packaging.
It gives flawless, smooth finish, very healthy looking skin, stays longer (primer is obligatory), will suit better to dry skin, but when i was super oily skin owner it was working for me to, just need good primer and nice loose powder (la prairie DO wonders).

on 12/16/2017 6:41:00 AM

I don't know if it's my holy graal just because in 3 hours my nose gets shiny, but I got a problematic nose...This is the best foundation I have ever tried since I turned 40's and nothing worked well in my skin. I gave up matte finish..don't appreciate anymore..I have combo skin.It lasts all day,I just use my fingers to application.Kabuki gives a high coverage if needed.I can not explain in words what Lingerie do in my skin...It's light coverage but turns your skin wonderful....got it?It's not matte but isn't glowy too...it's perfect. It's your skin but better. In tropical weather lasts all day.Doesn't mark my fine lines... I'm in love, it's pricey but worth it. I have an issue with my nose, in 3 hours begin to show some bright. I have tried primers, powders...so I can not blame the foundation.Lingerie for me it's much better than Lancome and Dior foundations I have reviewed.

on 9/14/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was a meh foundation to me.

The foundation looks patchy and powdery on my skin even though I have combination to oily skin! I'm gonna assume that's caused by the alcohol.....which shouldn't be part of the ingredients in the first place for the hefty amount of money this foundation costs.

Anyways, I'm NC30 and the shade I picked up was 03W.