The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover

No Image

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/13/2018 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so glad I found this makeup remover. Since joining a gym I wear more waterproof mascara, and the stuff I use can be difficult to remove. This delivers. A quick shake, apply it on a pad, and I let it sit on my eye for a few seconds, and the makeup glides off. The first few times I used this I was bracing for disappointment, that I'd have to use several squirts and several cotton pads, but this works so well. It dissolves the waterproof stuff and there's no need for tugging and rubbing. It leaves a light coating of cleanser behind, like a light oily film, but it's very light and mild, and it doesn't feel heavy or coated. Just a splash of water and a gentle pat with the towel and the residue is gone. That might not be everyone's cup of tea to have that last need to rinse off remnants, but it's part of my routine no matter what, because I do that after every cleansing, whether I use soap, cleansers or pads. I'm just thrilled to have a cleanser that takes off the makeup without having to rub and reapply and rub some more. Plus it's unscented and gentle and I don't need a lot to do the job. On top of that, The Body Shop often has sales, so it's rare I'd ever have to pay full price for this gem.

on 9/24/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best eye makeup remover out there -hands down. Also the only thing I remove my liquid lipsticks with. I never don't have back-ups of this.

I've tried so many eye makeup removers, and none have been as efficient and gentle as this. Not only does remove eye and lip makeup, but I also use it on a clean cotton pad to go over the rest of my face when I am done removing it with the Bioderma, and it is the only oil-based makeup remover I have ever used on my ACTUAL face that hasn't left my skin feel gross and oily (unlike the Sephora one which is so chemically I feel like I have to go in again with the bioderma as well as wash my face).

Would highly, highly recommend this whether you're on a budget or not.

The only in this is the packaging in that sometimes the opening of the bottle twists and isn't as sturdy as I would always like it to be but that is something I definitely overlook for the quality of this product.