Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics
Naked Ultimate BasicsNaked Ultimate Basics

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/5/2018 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this at a great discount price. I was not a matte eyeshadow wearing person ever, I always like a satin eyeshadow (more depth to me). I was truly changed with this palette. I used these and found that the colors blended well together and with other shadows. These gave a depth of color and a level of elegance to my eyeshadow applications that I was often quite pleased with my results. They have a staying power that is amazing and they play well with other shadows to the point of helping the "other" shadows to last longer without fading, quite impressive to me (imho). I like these and would buy them again. easy to pack for me to travel with. These are the best nuturals I have used. I even like the brush they give you with the palette, worked good for me. The colors I didn't like were "extra bitter" and "pre game". What were they thinking.....Who wants to wear those colors together and look like a half made clown that would scare people of all ages...........really?! We all don't need to wear what models on the runway wear......they're only wearing it for effect of the clothing. That's just me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was very disappointing! The colors are poorly pigmented and not up to Urban Decay standards for me. The packaging is cheap, and flimsy. I bought this at Ulta during the holidays for $24.00 and it was not worth it. I will probably keep it for awhile and then toss it. Not worth it at all. I should have returned it.

on 9/18/2017 2:55:00 PM

The price of this palette is 'okay' considering the shadow variation, however, there are cheaper palettes out there with similar or better payoff than these. I'm not a huge fan of Urban Decay and if it wasn't a Christmas present I would never have bought this for myself; it is in my daily makeup bag and it works wonderfully for everyday makeup, but the black is not the blackest of blacks and that grey shade is seriously useless.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using the Lorac Pro Palette for years now and when Urban Decay came out with the Naked Ultimate Basics Palette I had to buy it. I own the Urban decay Naked I and II palettes, but as I always found myself using matte eyeshadows over shimmery ones.

The colour pay off is great and there is only a little bit of fallout. From my experience matte eyeshadows tend to feel slightly chalkier, but that's not too much of an issue for me. I saw a lot of people complaining that it does not blend easily. What I like to do to avoid that is to use a light matte shade that is similar to your skin tone as a base all over my lids. Then use the darker shades. This helps with the blending issue.

As far as I am concerned, I quite like this palette and I have been using it quite often.

This is probably my favorite urban decay palette!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great every day, neutrals palette. The top row is mostly cool toned, and the bottom is mostly neutral and warm toned.
I've been enjoying using this palette for casual outings. The formula is okay. I find mostly all of the shadows blend nicely, with a few exceptions (notably Lethal and Magnet), however, this is easily remedied by simply taking a little more time with a very fluffy, blending brush.
It should also be noted that Blow, the first shade, is a semi matte, and makes a really stunning inner corner or brow highlight. I've even gone as far as to highlight my cheeks with this, as it gives a really beautiful, natural, inner glow type of look that I love.
The mirror in here is nice, however, I'm not too keen on the actual packaging. Lots of people have praised this, but to me it feels very light. The magnetic closure is nice, but as the material feels light, I'm afraid of the lid snapping off. I've not had any issues as of yet, and I have travelled lightly with this, but it's important to know this.
The brush is alright too. The smaller end is my favourite, it makes a great under eye shader. Overall, if you don't own many neutrals, or want to dip into more high end products but don't want to risk never getting any use out of them, this is a great product. It also makes a great gift, as the shades are universally flattering, on all skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Really nice and basic palette for the matte eyeshadow lover! The colors are really pretty and the brush that comes with it is also fairly nice!! First high-end palette I've ever bought and I love it

My son gave me this for Christmas. Prior to receiving this, my main palette for every day use was the IT cosmetics "Naturally Pretty" which is just gorgeous and the pigmentation is really amazing. On opening this, I was really excited and happy because the colours in the pan are just so versatile. However, these colours are not well pigmented. I watched all the YouTube tutorials and the colour payoff looked really strong and vibrant. What you get in reality is nothing like this. The only colours in the palette that have decent payoff are Lethal, Extra Bitter and Blackjack. Blow and PreGame are just plain disappointing. All the others are Meh. If I had paid $80 Australian for this palette myself, I would be seriously pissed.

Edited 25th April 2017
I have downgraded this palette to 1 star. Everything I said earlier is true, but this is an expensive palette and it just isn't any good. I tried to use the two lightest colours again this morning and they just have no pigment. I think the YouTube tutorials on this palette are basically lies.

Not loving the color payoff. Especially for the lighter colors. Not worth it

on 3/12/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have the Naked 1 palette but it's a bit glittery for day time for me. Love all the colours in this palette.