Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics
Naked Ultimate BasicsNaked Ultimate Basics

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/14/2018 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a palette with five or six matt or satin shades that I would regularly use, and this looked perfect. I think possibly it would be, for someone with medium and/or neutral to warm colouring who likes a bit of shimmer in the highlights.

On my fair, neutral-cool skin, there is one shade that works for shimmery highlighting (Blow), a couple of shades that would work for crease contouring (Tempted, Lethal), and one shade that would be good for a sunburnt look in the outer corner (Instinct).

I have deepset eyes and use light colours on the moveable lid — and this is the major failing of this set for me. There is nothing at all that would work on the moveable lid — all the possibles are too warm and/or too dark. The result would be a brown mess.

I wouldn‘t have guessed this from the various images I found on the Internet, and certainly not from Urban Decay’s description, hence the three lippies and cautionary words for those with similar needs to mine.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I prefer more natural-looking makeup without shimmer, glitter and suck, so this palette is simply ideal for me. I have neutral skintone, maybe leaning slightly more to cool tones, and, to my surprise, every single shade looks good on me. I really like how buttery and matte these eyeshadows are, with one satin-finish lighter color.
The colors are not chalky at all, very easy to blend, stay put all day (I do always use a primer, for the record). Really easy to do makeup.
The packaging is nice and sturdy, easy to open- don't need to worry about breaking nails, and has a nice useable mirror.
Very happy with my purchase. Highly recommend this set to all those who love no-makeup makeup, and are tired of shimmery eyeshadows.

on 5/21/2018 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i like this palette, but of course this is just my experience and, as with everything, YMMV.

first of all there is a range of depths.. light, medium, medium-dark and dark which is a good thing.

there is a cream highlight shade which some people find essential (and it is more of a satin-matte than a matte)

some may object to the number of other light shades but i do use them all as bases and for blending, depending on what other shades im using.

for me, the palette provides 4 base/blending shades, 3 transitions, 4 shades for crease/outer lid/liner, and the highlight shade.

as a neutral leaning cool person, i am glad that the palette is not chock full of warm shades. i do like a few and there are a few in there so im happy with that. it is also not full of cool shades either, but again there are a few and i enjoy those as well.

i think this palette is good for creating a variety of base looks to which i add shimmer or glitter or pop of colour to the lid.
with this palette i can create a pink/burgundy look, a pink/bluish gray, a taupe/neutral brown, a warm orangey brown, and use black as needed in any of the looks.

UD's matte formula for this palette is firm, some may say a bit dusty, a bit dry. i will not call them soft and creamy. some people do like a bit of a drier formula. i for one find that to be a bit easier to work with, esp when in a hurry as this kind of formula does not fall out like a softer formula often can.

pigment is sufficient.. except like i said there are 5 light shades in total and some people may think that is excessive.
the transitions and darker contouring shades work fine for me.

this palette is a good buy if you have no other mattes, or you would like to be able to grab just one palette and create your choice of a warm, cool or neutral base look. does the palette blow my mind? no.. it is a workhorse that does its job without giving me any trouble.

on 4/28/2018 6:01:00 PM

meh, i wanted a matte palette to use allong the other naked palettes, since theyre so lacking in crease colours and transition shades,
that i allmost never used them any more becouse of it.
This didnt help me, its very underwhelming i didnt like the formula at all
The lighter colors dont help with blending , the darker colors go on patchy.
also I think im to light or to dark for the colours themselves .
except bittersweet, that one is amazing and goes on so smooth.

on 4/9/2018 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this palette since it came out and I was very excited because I didn't have something like this in my collection. I really like this, is so good, the pigmentation is amazing, in the pan some colors look similar but once you apply them are very different.
They have good quality and for traveling (what I do pretty often for my work) is great because of the size, also you can create so many looks with it, you can go for something natural or a deep smokey eyes. The black is super black and you can easily use it as eyeliner. LOVE IT.

on 2/26/2018 9:46:00 AM

Beware: most of the shadows in this palette are darker than they appear in the pan. I love the other UD Naked palettes and I bought this thinking it would be several light shades and a few medium or dark ones. Instead, there are only two light colors (Blow and Pre-Game), two dark ones (Lethal and Blackjack). and the rest are all medium or medium-dark. As I have small, deep-set eyes, I'm always looking for palettes with a good number of pale or light shades, so this was a disappointment for me. I do like the texture of the shadows, though - they're buttery-soft and easy to blend.

on 1/5/2018 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this at a great discount price. I was not a matte eyeshadow wearing person ever, I always like a satin eyeshadow (more depth to me). I was truly changed with this palette. I used these and found that the colors blended well together and with other shadows. These gave a depth of color and a level of elegance to my eyeshadow applications that I was often quite pleased with my results. They have a staying power that is amazing and they play well with other shadows to the point of helping the "other" shadows to last longer without fading, quite impressive to me (imho). I like these and would buy them again. easy to pack for me to travel with. These are the best nuturals I have used. I even like the brush they give you with the palette, worked good for me. The colors I didn't like were "extra bitter" and "pre game". What were they thinking.....Who wants to wear those colors together and look like a half made clown that would scare people of all ages...........really?! We all don't need to wear what models on the runway wear......they're only wearing it for effect of the clothing. That's just me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was very disappointing! The colors are poorly pigmented and not up to Urban Decay standards for me. The packaging is cheap, and flimsy. I bought this at Ulta during the holidays for $24.00 and it was not worth it. I will probably keep it for awhile and then toss it. Not worth it at all. I should have returned it.

on 9/18/2017 2:55:00 PM

The price of this palette is 'okay' considering the shadow variation, however, there are cheaper palettes out there with similar or better payoff than these. I'm not a huge fan of Urban Decay and if it wasn't a Christmas present I would never have bought this for myself; it is in my daily makeup bag and it works wonderfully for everyday makeup, but the black is not the blackest of blacks and that grey shade is seriously useless.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using the Lorac Pro Palette for years now and when Urban Decay came out with the Naked Ultimate Basics Palette I had to buy it. I own the Urban decay Naked I and II palettes, but as I always found myself using matte eyeshadows over shimmery ones.

The colour pay off is great and there is only a little bit of fallout. From my experience matte eyeshadows tend to feel slightly chalkier, but that's not too much of an issue for me. I saw a lot of people complaining that it does not blend easily. What I like to do to avoid that is to use a light matte shade that is similar to your skin tone as a base all over my lids. Then use the darker shades. This helps with the blending issue.

As far as I am concerned, I quite like this palette and I have been using it quite often.