Paula's Choice Hydralight Mineral Complex

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 9/13/2018 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this sunscreen forever and it is truly a good product. It is a mineral sunscreen that isn't too heavy or too light.
It is a medium weight sunscreen that provides moisture and sun protection. It does not contain fragrance or irritating ingredients. The price is about $29 for 2 ounces and a tube lasts me about one month. There is no tint and although I am very fair, I do not notice a white cast. I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate me. This is an excellent product however, the manufacturer of this product, Paula's Choice, has recently been sending me older tubes that are about to expire. This makes me wonder if they are getting ready to discontinue the product. I have ordered three times and each time I receive a product that is weeks away from expiring. This is the only sunscreen that my skin can tolerate and I would like to continue ordering it if I can get a tube that is not old.

on 5/31/2018 12:43:00 PM

This is a great sunscreen for my oily summer skin. It truly is light--not thick, easy to blend and no white cast after blending, does not feel greasy on skin.

In winter, I use her slightly heavier, more moisturizing Redness Relief moisturizer for oily skin, which is great too.

on 9/22/2016 3:56:00 AM

After many years of searching for a moisturizer with sunscreen that won't irritate my sensitive skin, make my rosacea worse, or end up sticky and shiney, I've found one that fills the bill - Paula's Choice Hydralight Mineral Complex. I put it straight on my newly-washed face first thing in the morning, and it stays matte and acts as a foundation primer all day, as well as giving me sun protection.

For all day sunscreen use, I use Anthelios Gel Dry Touch spf 50, or their Non-Greasy spf 30 lotion. These do stay matte, but they also have a white reflection, especially the spf 50. But the Paula's Choice product looks fine all day.

I think the company is changing the name to "Calm", or something similar, to indicate that it's meant for sensitive skin, but the product will have the same ingredients.

The price is not exorbitant, and it comes in a tube rather than a jar, which is a plus. All in all, an excellent product.