Eminence Organic Skin Care Calm Skin Chamomile Cleanser

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 9/15/2017 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference : Combination skin, normal to dry cheeks, oily t-zone, broken capillaries cheek area and sensitive.

For a very long time I tried multiple cleansers from drugstores and high end brands formulated for sensitive skin. Many were awful or irritating. I came across one brand that didn't cause irritation however I didn't like the feeling my skin had afterwards. Even with rinsing I felt like my face had a thin film left behind. My skin was so reactive I was not able to use a wash cloth to gently remove my makeup. Cotton pads were the only way I could remove my makeup.

One day I booked a facial and they use eminence products. Afterwards my skin was glowing. The woman suggested I try the eminence starter kit for sensitive skin. I was blown away. Within a week or two my skin felt less reactive. I will add more reviews of the other products for sensitive skin. Since using the products I can happily say my face tolerates wash cloths for removal of cleanser, masks etc!

Cleanser review

You only need a tiny amount and add a few drops of water to emulsify it. The cleanser does a great job of removing makeup and does not cause irritation. It has the scent of chamomile but it's not overpowering. Usually I avoid anything fragranced due to my sensitivity. Amazingly this product causes zero reaction or irritation.

Quoted from the eminence website "infused with chamomile, arnica and rosemary, this calming cream cleanser is perfect for sensitive skin that is prone to redness."

Yes it's pricey. Approximately $40 to $45 Canadian. However it works for my reactive sensitive skin and I would repurchase.

on 9/21/2016 10:23:00 AM

I have hypersensitive skin, post-partum hormonal chin acne, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis. Regular cleansers inflamed the dermatitis and dried out my skin. I needed something without a bunch of irritating chemicals and good for very sensitive skin. I love this cleanser. It's a creamy texture that goes on evenly, has a pleasant smell but not chemical-like. I use it twice a day with my Foreo Luna sonic cleansing tool and then follow with witch hazel and Aveeno ultra-calming day/night cream. My skin has cleared up dramatically, I have no problems with chin acne or dermatitis anymore, and my rosacea is so much calmer. I've learned it's important NOT to use hot water, scrubs, or a clarisonic with rosacea as it will make it worse. If you find it leaves a 'residue', just use a soft cloth when rinsing. It's not stripping at all, so there's no dried-out 'squeaky clean' feeling. It leaves behind a good amount of moisture and natural oils.