Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder

Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder

4.6

on 8/13/2017 11:30:00 AM

Very affordable, used this to set my Fit Me Foundation and it's so finely-milled. Definitely gonna repurchase! (doesn't break me out)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product is amazing! I have very oily skin and most powders don't stand a chance on me. This powder is very fine and can cause a big mess if you're not careful. The powder feels very light and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I would say this powder lasts about 9-10 hours by itself. This was only $5! I'll have to stock up on these cause they're amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is actually amazing for my skin. It matches perfectly and gives just the right amount of coverage. I bought this after I started getting annoyed with my NYX HD powder, which brightens but leaves a weird whitecast and dried out the skin under my eyes. This is something totally different.

I have dry skin and this never ever accentuates any dryness or makes my skin feel dry during the day. It doesn't completely mattify my face either, but instead leaves a very realistic semi-matte finish. i love this especially for when I'm wearing a dewier foundation because it lets that luminosity peek through. The texture is also very finely milled and it really does feel silky on the skin.

It has a bit of coverage, which I wasn't used to in the beginning but which I like a lot. It won't suit lighter or much deeper skin (unless it's for highlighting), but if you have light to medium this might be a great product. I also totally recommend this for normal-dry skin types - it's an absolute game-changer!

Great loose powder for baking and oil control, compares with top-shelf brands

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is perfect for dry skin users.... personally, I prefer a luminous finish, but done the centre of the nose (my oiliest zone) it's non drying on the skin, yet leaves a skin like, (non matte nor luminous) finish! Also seals in foundation & concealer & liquid Face products beautifully! I prefer this to Laura Mercier's translucent loose powder!!! 💕

on 2/28/2017 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have normal skin verging on the dry side and 95% of powders look horrific on my skin so I was expecting anything more from this powder, I gave it a few goes and it just gave my skin unwanted texture so I gave it to a friend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

*HG STATUS*

If you bake, then invest in this powder no questions asked. A lot of people use airspun, but that oxidized horribly and broke me out all over my face. This Rimmel powder is a dream; I use it for setting my foundation, for baking, for everything. I'm so pale, that most powders are too pink for me, but this stuff is amazing. About 30 minutes after it sets in, my skin looks airbrushed and perfect. This is so cheap, and works like a dream. Definitely my favorite by far!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First off I noticed there are a bunch of reviews for Rimmel Silky Loose Powder...I believe that is a previous formulation. I can only vouch that this (Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder) version is current.

If you have dry skin - this isn't for you. I have tried the popular Rimmel Stay Matte powder several times and hated it as it did not keep my oil at bay. Match Perfection Silky Loose actually seems to do a much better job at mattifying.

Coty Airspun is my absolute favorite setting powder. I obviously have alternatives though and try everything on the market; both high end and drugstore priced. Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Looser Powder only caught my eye due to the ingredient list. I have very oily skin and the silica or cornstarch based powders just aren't cutting it. I find that talc does the best job at keeping me matte. Unfortunately powders containing it are becoming harder and harder to find. If you look at the ingredient list you'll find talc listed first, followed by a few other ingredients that are awesome for oil absorbing. Magnesium carbonate, zinc stearate, calcium carbonate... there's a few.

This isn't as inexpensive as you'd think if you look at the price per oz, but that's not a big deal to me. The biggest con is that the shade Transparent 001 is a smidge too dark on me (I'm NC10 in MAC terms). I just find ways to make it work.

I am very surprised and pleased by this find. Will repurchase.

(Editing to add for those of you that have tried Coty or are curious and want to know my opinion on how they compare... The Coty is a little bit heavier where as the Rimmel is more finely milled. Coty is a little bit more matte.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder! I use it to set my concealer and foundation. It mattifies my makeup and keeps it matte almost all day. My t-zone does get a bit oily normally so I do need to touch up a small area with a bit more powder after about 7-8 hours but I'm fine with that. I seem to go through a tub quite quickly but maybe I just use a lot. The packaging is okay. It can get a bit messy if you're not careful. It comes with a powder puff but I've never used it. I just use a powder brush. The shade 'transparent' doesn't seem to change the colour of my foundation or concealer. It is possible that it lightens is very very slightly but its nothing noticeable.