Batiste Batiste Stylist Shield My Locks Heat & Shine Spray

No Image

1.0

1 review

on 9/19/2016 6:25:00 AM

Run like the wind away from this!
I bought this after being tempted by an offer in Superdrug. I always use a Frizz Ease serum before blow drying and straightening my hair, but at £10 a pop, I thought it might be worth trying a cheaper alternative.
Well you buy cheap, you buy twice! I have binned this Batiste nightmare and will be rebuying the same Frizz Ease serum.
You’re instructed to apply this spray to dry hair - so instantly this means less protection against the hairdryer - and because it’s sticky, it’s quite tricky to distribute evenly. Anyway I had a go and then got to straightening. I wouldn’t say it made straightening any quicker. In fact because it’s a wet spray, rather than say a cream, it made my hair feel a little damp, which is scary to straighten! The product claims to provide ‘a mirror shine finish’ and hair that’s ‘more shiny…. moisturised and conditioned’. I don’t know if it might work on intensely dry hair (mine is dryish but not parched), but once I’d finished straightening my long, thickish hair was plastered to my head, giving the delightful ‘my shower’s broken please forgive the grease’ look. My hair had collected in chunks, and felt stiff to the touch, a bit like your hair after you’ve been in the sea. Post-use I actually had to cover it in Batisite dry shampoo to get out of the door looking half decent. Maybe that’s the purpose of the product?!