2.7

$399.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

11 days ago

Beware do not buy! Massive hair loss. I use to have thick long hair. I started using the dyson hair dryer in April 2019 my hair started falling out end of May about 6 weeks after using the hair dryer. My hair is thin now and breaks very easy now I’m devastated. This product needs to be recalled.

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a month ago

I did my research and the Dyson reviews were ok so I purchased this hairdryer. The reviews now that I am reading months later, mirror my horrific experience too. My long, thick and shiny hair has thinned to half of what it was. It is broken, dry and brittle. I could cry. I purchased my Dyson Dryer in April 2019 and within 6 weeks it started falling out and breaking off. My hairdresser purchased it first and recommended it to me. It seemed to dry my hair so fast it was wonderful but I noticed it was dry and dull the first time I used it myself but thought I had probably overdryed it somehow. I then noticed an enormous amount of hair in the comb and plug hole after washing it but I thought it was menopause or diet or stress that caused it. I looked up reviews tonight as I am in constant bewilderment as to what has happened to my hair. It just snaps off, it is broken underneath and there are clumps missing. Today was the last time I shall use this dryer I am returning it. Ellie89 and Jds1178 I have experienced everything you describe. I am so annoyed that I didn't listen to my husband when he said it was the dryer 3 months ago - I could not believe a hair dryer could possibly do this to my hair when it was meant to be better for my hair. I believed it had to be something else, some other reason as I described before. But it is this dryer and I cannot recommend it to anyone. I recommend you DO NOT BUY IT. Don't even risk it. My hair has been ruined and I will have to live with this until it grows back.

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a month ago

DO NOT BUY! The worst blow dryer on the market. Extremely damaged my hair causing breakage and hair loss. I tried different variations of heat/ speed and went back to my GHD blow dryer. Used it for 6 weeks and my hair is improving but so much shorter. I’ve never had such breakage - even cutting off 2.5 inches made no difference in its health.

Age30-35

from

3 months ago

First of all, I have the thickest hair, Every stylist I've been to says so. Although there is a lot of it, the hairs are fine, straight, no body, no wave. Takes forever to dry - until the Dyson. That's why I like it. Has not dried out my hair, but I do use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners. Plus I don't really use the Dyson for styling, only to dry - five minutes vs 45 minutes.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3 months ago

I am absolutely horrified reading the feedback that 100 percent mirrors my experience. I once had long thick beautiful hair that I had people constantly commenting on..... after using this dryer for several weeks you would not believe what happened. It turned to absolute straw and fell out like crazy!! I too had to cut 6 inches off to start over because it was so bad. I saw three drs trying to figure out what was going on..... and then I too realized what had changed. The dryer..... it was horrible. I switched back to my dryer and it has been 3 years of regrowing and using Milbon conditioning treatments to bring it back. It has almost fully restored. The person who cuts my hair had purchased the dryer and I told her what happened.... I even asked her to use a different dryer when drying my hair. The last couple of times I thought I wouldn’t bother having her use the different dryer feeling like I was crazy..... big mistake.... she’s used in on my only the last several times I have seen her and I have noticed a difference. Never ever ever again! Do NOT use this product! For those of you who have experienced this hair loss please contact me..... I believe we need to challenge this company. They should not be selling this product. Especially marketing it for healthy hair etc after knowing what is happening to people!!!!!

Age36-43

3.0

5 months ago

I have very fine frizzy hair and this did not work for me. I do not like to style my hair; i just blow dry it and i was ending up full of tangles/knots every single time. I then decided to use one of the attachments and use it on a low setting. Better results but at that point it was taking me longer to dry my hair than when i was doing it with my old seven years old hair dryer. I think this is a good product but only if you have thick (curly) hair.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

from

6 months ago

Beware! This product caused massive hair loss in both myself and my daughter after a short period of time. It first caused severe dryness and damage to your fine thin hair. Soon after, our hair began to shed like never before to the point of noticeable baldness. It is alarming. This product should be recalled. Their customer service agents were not surprised at all by my complaints. They get many calls regarding this but yet they continue to market this product to the masses.

Age19-24

6 months ago

I received this as a gift from my husband and pardon the pun was ‘blown away’. I was completely sold on this even before using it; the design, the hype, the price tag. And if you’d asked me what I thought of it straight after using it that first time, I would have said five star amazing. Why? The design, the hype, the price tag. Fast forward several months. My hair is in the worst condition of it’s life. My hairdresser and I have been at a loss as to why my once shiny, thick hair is now akin to a birds nest. Dull, dry, breaks easily and appears thinner. I tried supplements, turned down the heating, checked the hardness of my water, used every hair mask treatment available but it was no use. I even considered switching hairdressers thinking maybe she was cutting it badly. (Sorry!) I couldn’t understand what had changed. Then I happened to stay in a hotel and used their basic drawer dryer. I wasn’t sure but my hair felt a tiny bit better. It was then I had a lightbulb moment. I realised the poor condition of my hair started not long after getting the Dyson. When I came home I ditched the Dyson and borrowed my daughters £12.99 Disney princess dryer. My hair felt better. It’s taking time but my hair is beginning to improve. I can only speak for myself and take a guess but while I think the Dyson doesn’t damage hair with heat, I feel it dries it almost too efficiently like a dehumidifier taking too much moisture from the hair causing such a detrimental effect to my locks. Obviously it’s just one experience and maybe my hair type (coarse and wavy) just doesn’t suit this particular machine. It’s a shame but I’m putting down my Dyson for good and I’m pretty sure my hair will thank me for it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

7 months ago

My long term hair history is root colouring and end bleaching. My hair was mid back length, fine, but lots of it with oily roots and has always felt soft with just shampoo, conditioner and serum. I shampoo and condition every second day and blow dry every time. I've used tape extensions for periods over the years as well. For over 10 years, I've used Parlux hairdryers and the occasional GHD straighten or curl. I've used a purple shampoo, Joico conditioner and Schwarzkopf serum with consistent results Hubby got me a Dyson Supersonic for my birthday in July 2016. Originally, I thought it was the ducks nuts. It dried quickly, was quiet and gave a good result. My original dryer started throwing errors and losing power in October 2018 so Dyson swapped it out. I've had a replacement Dyson since October. Over time, My hair seemed to be getting shorter. It was horribly dry, snapping and breaking. My top lengths used to be 8-10 inches, now they're lucky to be 3. My once long and healthy hair is now a mess of odd lengths, thin, dull and lifeless. I truly hate my hair. I looked at my lifestyle and started taking skin and hair support supplements. I looked into my diet and incorporated foods that would hopefully help. I blamed my colouring process. I blamed my age and change of life. I went through the expense of Olaplex treatments, Kerastase products, Brazilian keratin treatments, countless different shampoos, conditioners, treatments, oils, serums - I don't even want to think how many thousands of dollars I've spent. Nothing worked. My hair never felt or looked good. Some days, I'd be drying my hair with the Dyson and quality round brushes and the sections would almost be sticking out sideways in a clump - my hair was that dead. The Dyson Air Styler came out, so I purchased and started using that. There was no improvement in my hair. I kept blaming myself. I had gone through every process of elimination I could and as a last resort, decided to put down the Dysons and go back to my 7 year old Parlux. After the first use, my hair felt softer and looked better. It wasn't a life changer but it was great to dry my hair and not have to drown my hair in serum to stop it clumping. For the first time in years, I didn't hate my hair. I've continued with the Parlux and am getting similar improvements every time. I have more shine, more soft movement and definitely less snapping - I can wear black again. I understand that the Dyson is amazing for some people but for my fine hair, it has completely destroyed it and I'm looking at years for it to be anywhere near the level of health and length it used to be.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlond

EyesBrown

8 months ago

I love this product. It is, without a doubt, the best hairdryer I have ever owned. It dries my hair faster than my past hairdryers, and I love the look of it, so much! In saying that, I think the set price is over the top. It is better than any hairdryer I’ve owned, yes, it dries my hair faster than any other hairdryer, and I love how it looks, but if you want people to continue buying said dryer, you can’t make it double the price of an already expensive hairdryer. Hopefully the price will lessen over time - but that they continue to make and stock this dryer. I love it! My husband got it for me knowing how much I was in love with it not long after it came out, I think it was my birthday, possibly Christmas present, and I was so happy to have it. I just hope they become more affordable in the future so more people can enjoy it as much as I do mine.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29