Almay One Coat Light and Easy Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.4

This stuff was way too sheer to be a good foundation. Thin, creamy and the sponge blender does nothing but to wipe the foundation away. Glad this is long gone. I give it one extra lippie because they actually had a color match for my pale skin. But that's it's only redeeming quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I miss this foundation! I think I used the "buff" color. The shade was a perfect neutral with slight yellow tone (great for a fair olive girl like me). I would apply a swipe across my forehead, cheeks, nose, & chin & blend with my fingers & be DONE! It had amazing coverage (and I had mild to moderate acne then), was easy to apply, and blended well.

It also wore really well. My oily skin never got really shiny, it lasted all day, and it looked pretty natural considering the coverage was very good. It also did not break me out, even though it was a stick and I applied it directly to my face. At one point when using it, my skin was the clearest I can remember since I was about 12....

Anyway, I'm just reviewing this out of nostalgia. I know Almay will likely never bring it back, but a girl can dream!

Original review 7/18/03 (as JLackey88): I purchased this from Big Lots for a dirt cheap price, I think around $2.99. I do not know how much it is in regular drugstores. It is a stick foundation with a m/u sponge on the end of it. For me it covers well without looking cakey or being oily on my skin. (I am normal-combo) It actually looks very natural on me. I would say it is light buildable to medium coverage. I only gave this a 4 because I have nothing to compare it too as I have never used stick foundation before. I will definitely repurchase.

Update: I still have not found a stick foundation that compares to this... so I upgraded it to 5 lippies. But I will not be able to repurchase because it is now dc'd. continued >>

The best thing about this foundation is probably that neutral 04 color matches my skin very well. It haven't broken me out. But I have found that it made my combination skin greasy and nasty. I don't think it is worth buying (I believe it is around $10-15CAN).

I really liked this foundation, and I can't find it anywhere anymore! It worked great on my face, though I did switch to using it as an undereye concealer when I stopped using foundation for a period. It's very sheer, so if you need more coverage it's probably not for you.

It's still listed on Almay's site, but none of the drugstores near me have it. Sigh...

This is a stick foundation, with SPF (if I recall right). It is very easy to use and it has a creamy texture to it. For people with combination / oily skin, this foundation will not give a perfect matt finish, although it is oil free, you might still experience shiny T-zone areas. Best thing to do is to set it with powder, and keep oil blotting sheets handy. It wear life is ok, don't expect to see much of this product left at the end of the day though. It retails for $11.99, not too expensive for a decent foundation. One stick should last around 2 months if you use it everyday. For me, it lasted for over a year (mind you I only use it once per week or less).

I acrually likes thios poroduct a lot. It really lasts, it gives a very natural color and it doesn't fell unatural on the skin. I will definitely buy it again.

I really wanted to like this foundation! After reading so many good reviews I got it on sale at CVS, but I'm disappointed. My color, Buff, is too light and paste-y for my yellow toned skin. I dot this foundation wherever I need it and blend with my fingers; I find the included sponge to be useless. When I blend this foundation in, its oliy feel seems to vanish in my skin, leaving no coverage but a paste-y veil.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i really love the applicator that comes with this stick! This really worked well on me, i usually mix my foudations, and i love this on my face, not too shiny nor oily. Very subtle and perfect for my mmm/ggg skin color!

It is a stick foundation with a m/u sponge on the end of it.
For me it covers well without looking cakey or being oily on my skin. (I am normal-oily/combo)

It actually looks very natural on me. I would say it is light to medium coverage.

I will definitely repurchase.