Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser
Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an ok cleanser - nice, ok, fine, but nothing special in my opinion. It does have a nice texture and it didn't make my skin feel slimy like some cleansers designed for sensitive skin. However, I just cannot justify paying the price as it seems way too much for a pretty standard cleanser. I bought the travel size and used it up within 2 weeks. For a cheaper alternative that is just as good, if not better, I'd recommend the Glossier milky jelly cleanser (much more affordable, more practical pump packaging and an even nicer texture)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Terrible product!

1. It doesn't clean the face. At all. The texture is perfect for a facial massage, but it does nothing to clean the face if you're not rubbing the product off with a washcloth. I believe pure water works as 'well' as this stuff. Even as a second step cleanser it does a very poor job.
2. My face feels like it has a tightening film after I rinse off this cleanser. My skin doesn't feel fresh and it feels very dry.
3. It flared up my rosacea in no time. I guess the essential oils are to blame.

This is by far the worst cleanser I ever used. I would give it a minus rating if I could.

on 1/24/2018 4:38:00 PM

My skin is combo, very sensitive and has become acne prone over the years. This cleanser is a jelly type that doesn't lather up and has no scent. I like to use this with my foreo luna to get my skin clean. I find that my skin doesn't get squeaky clean like other foaming cleansers, but my skin looks and feels much better.

on 1/4/2018 7:13:00 PM

This is a very gentle gel cleanser.

Pros: I love the smell and texture. My skin feels smooth and soft.The pump bottle is good. Just one pump is needed to wash the whole face.
Cons: Its very gentle; unable to remove my makeup residue. Used to have the travel size bottle; but its not convenient as the product didn't come out from the bottle easily due to its texture.

I used to remove my makeup with garnier micellar water, wash my face with dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser, spray caudalie beauty elixir, aplly skii facial treatment clear lotion, ........

I can still see lots of makeup residue while toning which i didn't experience while using other cleanser

Will never buy this product again.

on 11/26/2017 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

When getting a facial my specialist recommended this cleanser for me for my redness. I️ had been using this for a month and my redness and acne def got worse! Since I️ have let this go, skin is slowly in the mend. Def would not buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the best cleanser ive ever used! i have sensitive skin and this really helps to calm my skin down. after using this my skin feels smooth and soft! it also did not dry out my skin and didnt leave it tight or stinging. helps in removing excess makeup as well! i love love this! really recommend this cleanser for those who have sensitive skin

on 10/8/2017 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best cleanser ever!!! I have sensitive, reactive and acne-prone skin and this is amazing. It's the only thing that calms my skin whilst cleansing. I can't tolerate most skincare and this is one of my must-haves.

Total HG, been using for at least 10-15 years and whenever I stray, my skin feels the consequences!

I find it super economical as a 500ml bottle with twice daily use lasts around a year. I buy dermalogica online ('Prodermal' in Australia) and with 20-30% off it's really reasonable. That being said, I've also purchased it full price in the beauty salon as it's the only thing that works for me.

I use this following the dermalogica Precleanse in the PM, and just this in the AM. I always use my trusty dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance (moisturiser) after Cleansing. This combo works for me, but I recommend getting samples at the salon first (hated the 'active moist' and Skin smoothing' creams).

Some people recommend the Cetaphil cleanser, but that left a film on my skin, caused a breakout (probably because it didn't cleanse as well), required twice as much product and wasn't as calming on my skin.

Will continue to purchase as long as it's made. I don't however really like the dermalogica Ultra calming serum, so make sure you get samples from a salon before you buy.

Dermalogica also backs their products and offers a full refund (recieved one for the 'active moist') if the product causes a reaction. Always good to know you can get a refund if it doesn't work for you, which is very rare in Australia!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using dermalogica for years and I normally use the medibac clearing cleanser but I decided to try this because Salicylic Acid is just to harsh for my skin. Wow, I'm impressed. I decided to buy the ultra calming set, just to see if I liked all the products in this line before going ahead and spending the big bucks on the full sized product. My skin has never felt so plump and glowing. I've used the barrier repair for years but I will be purchasing the full-size of all four products that come in this set.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser. I have very mild Rosacea and generalised sensitivity and this calms my skin and soothes redness immediately. It doesn't remove makeup which is annoying but I just use a micellar water or Lush Ultrabland first. Have been devoted to this cleanser for 12+ years.

on 8/9/2016 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a very gentle cleanser. So gentle that it didn't remove my makeup, and I had to use Purity to get it off.

Using another cleanser to remove my makeup defeated the purpose of using a gentle cleanser for me.

When I use it on skin without makeup, it still didn't feel very clean. But, if I had damaged skin due to a peel, or sunburn, or something along those lines, I think this would then be the perfect cleanser.

Until I have something like that, this cleanser will sit in my cupboard.