J. One Jelly Pack

J. One Jelly Pack

4.2

on 3/10/2019 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I do think this item is overpriced, but I love it because it can be a primer or a moisturizing pack for dehydrated skin. I didn’t find it to be as sticky as some people have said; I love the viscous texture and how cooking and hydrating it feels without being heavy or oily. It smooths the skin without that silicone feeling. I never set my makeup so I can’t give an accurate evaluation of how long it makes my makeup last, but this is great as a primer or just an overnight pack. I wouldn’t layer a lot of moisturizer over or under it; it will get streaky and hard to blend. I also wouldn’t say this makes pores magically shrink, but it plumps the skin so that dryness and unevenness don’t look as obvious.

on 3/5/2019 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this primer. If I use it with a sponge to apply my makeup it pulls off the foundation. I can apply foundation with a brush, but not with a sponge. Also some foundations does not "gel" well with this primer, goes all blotchy. Overall I also cannot say that it does much for my skin and look of the makeup.

on 7/27/2018 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great product which is worth trying out. I use this as a primer+extra layer of hydration. I personally don’t like using this by itself to moisturize my skin because it doesn’t do that effectively, but paired with an essence underneath my skin feels great. My makeup sits super well on top and stays on well whether it be powder or liquid foundation. Also makes my skin look crazy smooth with no pores to be found!

I don’t have enough words to express how much I love this product. I’ve got oily skin and I’ve never found a primer which truly keeps me looking flawless and oil free anywhere near all day. On application almost instantly it dries to a semi matte finish and any initial stickiness fades away. Completely eradicated any pores. My makeup has never looked better and my foundation lasts all day with almost no shine at all. I was slightly worried that it might cause some dryness so I applied Clinique Moisture Surge under it and still perfect and hydrated. This one is a game changer for me, love it!!!

on 10/19/2017 4:38:00 PM

Smooths, tightens, hydrates. Only primer that ever made a difference in longevity and look of foundations and bb creams.
I use it on top of suncream if i use foundation.
The other reviewers explain much better how to apply than i can. it does have a bit of a learning curve.

Never using another primer ever. This product dissappeared my pores and made my skin really smooth. The best thing is I felt my foundation kept in place (it usually transfers on my combo skin), and gave me back that healthy glow that went away after using setting powder.

I will update this review once I've used this product enough to make a good decision on it. I started using this today and it is thick and STICKY. The stickiness went away once the gel dried and my skin now looks smooth.

on 2/6/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, and have to admit I was surprised as I didn't expect to. It's very difficult to get out of the tube as it's so thick, and it applies incredibly sticky. Fear not, this stickiness soon passes and leaves a nice soft base. Does it firm and tighten as it claims? well I've not seen any miracles BUT it seems to make my foundation last all day, and I have a super oily t-zone. I've tried it with a variety of bases and it works for me. BB cosmetics have it on sale currently so worth a try? Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/12/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The J. One Jelly Pack is advertised as a "multitasking, antiaging formula that works as a hydrating morning mask and makeup-gripping primer."

Claims to help with:
- Firmness and elasticity
- Dullness and uneven texture
- Dryness

Firstly, the product is thick and sticky when applied, but once absorbed, the stickiness does go away, so don't freak out.

Once the gel dries, that's when you will notice the "firmness and elasticity" because the gel leaves a layer of shine on the face and it also makes the skin FEEL tight due to the stickiness...but sadly, it turned out to be a temporary illusion. Once your face fully absorbs all the product, it's back to the same old skin :( And so far, I haven't seen any improvements...

Does it hold up as a primer and help with "uneven texture"? Yes, it does prep and smooth out the skin but not good for ppl with oily skin. I use liquid foundation. By noon, my T-zone is super oily.

Does it hold up as a moisturizer? Maybe. It doesn't dry out the skin, but it's also not all that hydrating, other products do a much better job. It almost seems like they just wanted to throw this in as an added benefit.

Having used this for over a month, all in all, I am a bit disappointed.
It's not a bad product, but it's not as great as advertised and probably not worth the high price. I think it went overboard with the "multitasking"; tries to do too many things at the same time and ends up not achieving much. It's a glorified face primer.

However If you are the type who has no time to put a million things on your face in the morning and need your skincare routine as quick/simple as possible, this is a good alternative to try. Just don't expect too much.