BECCA Aqua luminous perfecting concealer

1 review

on 6/15/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have many concealers. Many. But I always go back to 2 concealers: NARS Radiant Creamy Conealer and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. Both of these have proven to be to most long-wearing, crease-free concealers.

I bought the Becca Aqua Luminous Concealer on a whim as I just wanted to try something new. The concealer is a lot more watery than the NARS and MAC concealers and actually slightly brighter for my skin tone. What I do is apply to my under eye and let it dry for a little while and then blend out with my beautyblender. I have to say that it gives me the most 'awake' look out of all three. I don't know whether it's the shade of the concealer (I use Deep Bronze) or its undertone, but it's risen to the top as my favourite very quickly. It brightens my eyes without that weird 'contour/highlight' look. I simply look bright and awake. It also has the right undertone: not red, not too yellow and not ashy, while the MAC Pro Longwear (NC50) is more on the yellow side, and the NARS Radiant Creamer Concealer (Cafe) more neutral (I have yellow undertones).

Caveats:
- Because it is very watery (much more than even the MAC Pro Longwear), it's best to apply, leave for a few seconds and then blend out.
- You will probably need to blend again after some time (before setting with powder perhaps), as it will settle into fine lines otherwise.
- In my humble opinion, this is best for under eye, not for covering blemishes.

I've used this for the past two months and have purchased a new tube.
For reference, I am a MAC NC55, Becca Ultimate Complexion Creme (Sandalwood), Smashbox 4.3, L'Oreal UK 13 (Sienne), Estee Lauder Double Wear 7W1 Deep Spice.