Becca Aqua luminous perfecting concealer

Becca Aqua luminous perfecting concealer

This is my new HG concealer!!! I absolutely LOVE IT! This stuff is so perfect for me. It's probably a little lighter in coverage than most people look for, but it's got enough if you just need something for moderate undereye darkness and want to use it to brighten up those key areas of the face. This concealer actually has good coverage, just not like hard core shape tape like coverage. But not everyone needs all that, and believe that it makes up for it in blendability and hydration! It's so beautiful on the skin. I couldn't believe it when I tried it on in Sephora, I put some on my finger and applied to my undereyes and I could see the area sort of plumped up and I was sold. I have alot of concealer and probably didn't need it, but I'm so glad I bought It anyway because It was instantly my favorite. It glides on so smoothly and blends to where it looks like your skin but hydrated and legit perfected just like the name suggests. No more dry look under the eyes (and im almost 37 with dry skin, so not everything looks as perfect as this does). I have used it without foundation and let me tell you, it really performs brilliantly on its own too. Absolutely beautiful. It was about 28 or 30 dollars, I can't remember which, but average price for high end concealer. I would consider it a satin matte or natural finish. Minimal creasing. I am nc15 and bought porcelain, and it looks great. Also love the applicator, a doe foot but it's got an interesting shape, like a golf club I guess lol. And the lid has a soft type of click when you screw it in all the way. Definitely will be buying this again when it runs anywhere close to being gone!!

on 9/14/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Holy grail!!
Formula is very blendable, colour looked too dark at first but it shifted into my own skintone- very adjustable and I was AMAZED. It doesn't cover my hyper pigmentation (and I don't expect concealer and foundations to do that so I color correct) but it does cover blemishes. It doesn't dry down quickly and it is very long wearing, looks FLAWLESS in different lightings. My undereye area hasn't looked so good in awhile. I really love the applicator as well. Ihave a lot of dry patches and texture, it doesn't emphasize them at all- it blurrs perfectly and it doesn't emphasize that pores&texture It doesn't seperate, creasing is minimal and doesn't show up immediately like other concealers. The coverage is bulidable which is great cause I hate Tarte shape tape and anything cakey like that..
Also my skin is loving this formula! Doesn't break me out even in the slightest bit

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FTR I have dry, dehydrated skin that is light-medium, NC20-25ish. My skin is generally clear but I have closed comedones, small spots and broken capillaries. I own this concealer in the shade Light.

As a concealer of blemishes, the coverage is light and natural. It faired well as a brightener of my undereye darkness but I don't have severe undereye discolouration. If you're looking for something to mask pimples, look elsewhere, like the Urban Decay Naked Concealer or KVD Lock-it Tattoo Concealer.

The Becca Aqua Luminous Concealer is hydrating and creamy, however, which ultimately is its greatest saving grace for me as most concealers look dry on me after 6 hours but this one doesn't. Another positive for the concealer is that it looks very natural and radiant when used on its own without foundation, which is my preferred method of usage.

Overall, I'm a fan despite the relatively high price because it fits my lifestyle and makeup aesthetic.

on 6/19/2017 3:10:00 PM

I purchased this online in the shade Light. I'm NC20/25 and even the Light shade was very dark and salmon-toned. The formula was light and comfortable but didn't provide much in the way of coverage. The applicator doesn't pick up a ton of product and requires several dips into the tube to get enough for the under eye area and face (I don't use a lot of product either). I used this up because it was so $$$ but do not recommend it and will not be repurchasing.

on 6/15/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have many concealers. Many. But I always go back to 2 concealers: NARS Radiant Creamy Conealer and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. Both of these have proven to be to most long-wearing, crease-free concealers.

I bought the Becca Aqua Luminous Concealer on a whim as I just wanted to try something new. The concealer is a lot more watery than the NARS and MAC concealers and actually slightly brighter for my skin tone. What I do is apply to my under eye and let it dry for a little while and then blend out with my beautyblender. I have to say that it gives me the most 'awake' look out of all three. I don't know whether it's the shade of the concealer (I use Deep Bronze) or its undertone, but it's risen to the top as my favourite very quickly. It brightens my eyes without that weird 'contour/highlight' look. I simply look bright and awake. It also has the right undertone: not red, not too yellow and not ashy, while the MAC Pro Longwear (NC50) is more on the yellow side, and the NARS Radiant Creamer Concealer (Cafe) more neutral (I have yellow undertones).

Caveats:
- Because it is very watery (much more than even the MAC Pro Longwear), it's best to apply, leave for a few seconds and then blend out.
- You will probably need to blend again after some time (before setting with powder perhaps), as it will settle into fine lines otherwise.
- In my humble opinion, this is best for under eye, not for covering blemishes.

I've used this for the past two months and have purchased a new tube.
For reference, I am a MAC NC55, Becca Ultimate Complexion Creme (Sandalwood), Smashbox 4.3, L'Oreal UK 13 (Sienne), Estee Lauder Double Wear 7W1 Deep Spice.

on 5/8/2017 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm in my early 50's and have had GREAT luck with this concealer. It took me quite a while to experience it and I've rebought several times. I've been on the lookout for the HG product and have been through no fewer than 25 brands and formulas. I can easily say that this is my HG concealer. It is lightweight, but covers the circles and doesn't settle into my lines. I do set it with a very light powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been on the hunt for my HG concealer for the last few years, and still haven't found "the one." I was hoping this concealer would be it, but sadly it's not.

I had seen reviews saying the coverage wasn't great on this concealer but I was okay with that, initially, because I prefer a lighter concealer for under my eyes and around my nose. I want something that with smooth out the skin-tone, without being heavy.

But this it isn't as creamy and hydrating as I had hoped it would be based on the name, and it settles into fine lines around the eyes. At the same time it doesn't brighten that well, and since I have the lightest shade they make I can't go lighter to get that affect. The coverage is pretty light, so will really only work for minor redness and shadows. I do like it on 'no foundation' days to smooth over the cheeks and nose for a little coverage without having to do a full face of makeup.

It's not a terrible product, just kind of meh. Certainly not the worst concealer I've used, but I'm sure I can find something better. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When you think of concealer, you think it will do just that... conceal. This does not conceal anything. It has a very light coverage. It did not cover up dark circles under my eyes. I have very light dark circles, this did nothing. I normally just use a dot of Estee Lauder double wear concealer to cover my dark circles. I used 3x the amount of this product and nothing. Then the concealer settled into my under eye wrinkles. I am oily, so normally I can take my finger and un-crease the area. The product rubbed off on my finger even after applying a setting powder.

The second day I notice that it does have an illuminating effect on the under eye area without setting powder. But once I applied the setting powder, the illuminating effect is hard to see.

The product does come in multiple color ranges and I believe a color match might be easy to accomplish for most people. But after an entire day, I did not like the creasing under my eyes. I will not being using this product again.

First, don't expect coverage, this is minimal coverage, definitely not medium. If you have pronounced dark circles, you can buy this to highlight, it will not conceal much. Don't even think of concealing blemishes with this. I get the point of this concealer. A dewy, natural concealer that makes you look rested and fresh and like you're not wearing makeup. For me, this concealer is not best in this category of concealers, I prefer others like the Mac Prep+ prime highlighter pen, Clarins Instant light perfector, YSL touche eclat or Clarins Instant Concealer. They all aim for the same dewy, fresh look without major coverage. I like the way the Becca applies initially (though a tad too dewy to look natural), but I don't like the way it fades. It paradoxically fades like the NARS creamy concealer or other heavier concealer. It dries and creases under my eyes and if I try to wipe the creases with my fingers, it doesn't work because my under eye is too dry. That's why I like the other concealers I mentioned above, I can wipe the creases and my undereyes still look hydrated after hours. Oh, i don't fix it with powder, if you fix it with powder, it completely loses the point, it becomes dry and doesn't reflect light anymore. Word of warning, if you're around NC20 and you're considering the beige shade, it's too dark. I can only wear it with bronzer on my face, without, it's darker than the rest of my face. Also, it's a yellowish beige, don't know if I'd call it neutral. Regarding the packaging, I like the click the cap makes, but I don't like the 'doe' foot applicator. It's actually more like a duck foot than a doe foot, it's very wide and it applies to much product. I expect this will get lost among the many other concealers that I own, but sadly, for me, it's nothing special.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There are mixed reviews on this concealer, but I think the issue is that people don't really think that a concealer can have a light coverage.

Being someone with a very dry skin, especially around the eyes, plus with very dark circles on top of everything - this product is a godsend. It has a buildable light-medium coverage and feels hydrating under the eyes all day long. If you have oily skin or lids etc. you won't like it, so there is no point to complain when you buy a product not suitable for your skin type.

If you have a normal to dry/very dry skin with more or less even skin tone, this product will be a great one to use on a daily basis just to get some coverage underneath eyes or through the centre of your face. It is not a perfect concealer for blemishes and spots, so you might keep an extra concealer with a heavier coverage to mix and match.

Since the formula is so water-based it feels incredibly hydrating and it doesn't crease on me personally. You can see all the swatches and read more about application and wear in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/09/25/Hot-Aqua-Luminous-Perfecting-Concealer-Review ). Unless you're oily, you will adore this concealer to add some freshness to the face. Good for slightly more mature skin as well.