Sephora Collection Lashcraft

3.7

on 10/9/2018 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I most recently used Clinique Flutter to Full and just found out at Clinique bonus time that it was discontinued. :(( I saw reviews of tubing mascaras and this one was mentioned. I try to only use tubing as otherwise most everything smudges on me. Lashcraft Length and Volume is very similar to what I liked about FTF: it lengthens (actually more than that one), thickens ( though I’d say it’s better at length than volume), doesn’t smudge at all and comes off with warm water (though not in tubes). I do use a cleanser but don’t need eye makeup remover. The price is $12 which is cheaper than FTF. I do wish it held a curl just a bit better but at least Lashcraft doesn’t pull the curl out. FTF was a bit better at that. Overall though, I’m happy and happy that I only had to buy this and a sample of Marc Jacobs (which I didn’t like) to find a new favorite.

on 11/1/2017 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Normally, I'm a fan of Sephora's makeup line, but the Lashcraft mascara was a huge disappointment. I have long but pale lashes, and this mascara did absolutely nothing for them. I applied coat after coat, expecting a dramatic look, but it barely looked like I had mascara on at all. Even the cheapest drugstore mascara works better than this... though of course it smudges. I can't say Lashcraft smudged; it didn't do anything at all.

I hate to be the naysayer, but I'm the first here who would not repurchase and I might actually return it. I've only worn this for 1 day so far, but I had to put on about 100 coats and still didn't get thick/dramatic lashes. On the upside, this definitely doesn't clump and it doesn't smudge.

on 3/20/2017 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a small tube of this (they have a smaller size for $9cad instead of $16 for the full size). I don't usually like paying much for mascara and I am pretty loyal to Covergirl clumpcrusher at this point. I do like this mascara though. It gives me good length and volume, it can make your lashes stick together a little so watch out for that but it doesn't clump. No issue with raccoon eyes which is usually a huge issue for me. This looks good both with and without a lash primer. I like the brush, it's sort of a bushy rectangle shape, flat on 2 sides. This works very well for me it seems to prevent me from getting mascara all over my eyelids like usual. Would repurchase.
Oh and my tube says "Lashcraft Length and Volume" not sure if that is different, it is the only Lashcraft listed on sephoras website right now (march 2017)

on 3/8/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hate spending more than about 8 bucks on mascara, but I might make an exception here. I too received a sample, and I'm loving it. I use it with L'Oréal's lash primer, and it is not clumpy or watery. My lashes look long and defined, but not fake. I'll have to just bite the bullet and buy the full sized one.

on 3/8/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this in my February Play box. Attention ladies...we have a winner!!!! While I'm not a fan of the packaging of the sample, the wand is way to short to be able to apply it properly, I'm gonna let that slide because what this does for my lashes exceeds that. I have short, straight, determined not to hold a curl lashes. This mascara not only gives them volume, but it holds a curl all day. That's right ALL DAY! Something I've only gotten in Asian masacaras. Lengthening aspect is good. I have other mascara's that give me super length, but then I loose the volume & curl. The formula is not wet, not dry...and totally buildable. I will be getting a full size when I'm done with my mini.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a great find! It's inexpensive, dramatic and has amazing lasting power. It's too bad that it isn't advertised as water-resistant and smudge-proof because that's where it stands out. It has a great fiber brush and creates extreme length, but I prefer a dryer formula for volume. For those who love a wetter formula that doesn't clump, this works well. One coat creates impressive drama and it looks intact ALL day and night with zero smudging, clumping or drooping. In fact, even curling mascaras don't make and hold a curl like this. It survived through humid heat, a nap and watery eyes looking immaculate.
It's absolutely worth a try! I like it much better than more expensive versions (but still like Canadian Quo "The Bold the Sultry" better for dryer volume).

Nice work, Sephora