no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This is such a weird fragrance for me. When I first sampled it I wasn't even sure I liked it. It was mostly dry woods rounded out with a somewhat modest amount of clear vanilla extract. But I kept going back to it and kept almost craving it and here we are, with a heavily used full bottle that continues to smell better every time I wear it. I can't account for this. I think it may have had to do with how much I was applying. The more restrained I am in application. e.g. 1-2 spritzes, the dryer and less interesting this seems to smell. If I spray 6-8 times then this seems to develop a lot more. It wears extremely close to the skin so 6-8 sprays really isn't overdoing it. I can tell you that at this point Nirvana Bourbon smells of rich, creamy, vanilla and woods. It has a boozy quality to it and is sweet in a boozy way; like a spiced rum and coke verging on root beer (but without any trace of powder that most root beerish fragrances seem to have). It's not as dry anymore but is now only occasionally dry, like walking through a forest right before the weather turns and stepping on the occasional dry twig. Longevity is 10+ hours when using 6-8 spritzes, otherwise it just disappears on me.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

The name does not match the description at all. This is very, very heavy in the bourbon - not the boozy aspect but the charred oak barrel aspect. It is not sweet on me at all. It also has strong notes of leather and tobacco - to me it smells like smelling an old leather jacket that had pipe tobacco left in a pocket. It is a really interesting fragrance - I wouldn’t wear it personally but I appreciate that it’s very different from what’s out in the mass market.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Sexy, smoky scent. I gravitate to light florals, but I can see the appeal of this scent.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

3 years ago

I was sucked in by the packaging and the scent. I love packaging that's sleek and slightly masculine-looking, and this certainly fits that bill. The scent is solidly in the family that I love. As others have described, the scent is a smoky, somewhat spicy Oriental with a hint of vanilla. I've heard it described as a dupe for Guerlain Spiriteuese Double Vanille. Not quite. That one is much more gourmand and complex, a little bit sweeter, without the smoky undertones, but with a boozier leaning. This is closer to the Le Couvent des Minimes Eau Des Missions, but smokier to that scent's lighter, sweeter notes. So why am I giving this one star? For all its promise, this has zero sillage, zero staying power. I'd get better staying power out and throw out of a VS body spray or, hell, a CVS body spray. I've heard this complaint mentioned numerous times on the boards, so I'm not sure how it's possible that others here are seeing too much throw and a very long lasting power. Inconsistent formulas? I wouldn't be surprised. With the Guerlain EDP, one spray will do it. I would need six or seven sprays of this EDT to equal the sillage of that one. And it's gone within the hour. Poof, gone Into thin air, vanished off of skin surfaces that don't even get washed in the sink. I have a pretty good nose and can pick up lingering scents hours after the fact, but this is just gone like it was never there. That's frustrating. Also, the lid will not stay on. I tried to use this up on a trip and just tossed it into my toiletry bag, but the lid inexplicably comes off. It seems as though it clicks on, but it's always loose in the bag. Such a disappointment all around.

About reviewer (441 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

It's supposed to smell like oak, vanilla bourbon, and tuberose. Sounds like my wheelhouse. But. What the heck, Olsen twins. This perfume. this perfume smells like I dumped a shot of oaky whiskey over myself. Don't wear this while driving, because if you get pulled over you will have to do a blood alcohol test my god. Packaging is functional but ugly. 1 oz. of this stuff is $82 bucks Canadian which isn't the worst for a perfume, but is a lot to pay to smell like the floor of a bar. No vanilla present on me. No tuberose. Yes bourbon. Yes oak forever. So much oak. Throw is wide. Lasts all night. Use discretion.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is not my usual scent but I love it. It's deep and sort of musky. It reminds me of an old room or barn that tobacco was kept in. Honestly it reminds me of my visit to Monticello in Virginia. It lasts forever and you don't have to use much.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I dunno what to make of this. I was abrupt to dismiss it. Yet now that it's 20-30F outside im reaching for this every day. Initially I found it very sweet. And the leathery notes, read on myself moreso as like an oud. I don't like oud. Maybe it's the oakmoss? Or maybe the leather is more like a suede-- but im definitely getting an oud smell, which isn't my thing. I don't get tobacco. I don't get boozy either. What I do get is a marshmallow quality. Vanilla tends to go sugary and a bit burnt on me. I get a cloying feeling and I feel like it smells a bit cheap (even when it's an expensive fragrance). This is a nice marshmallowy, warm, yummy vanilla... Broken up by this weird oud (or suede?). Lasting power and sillage are eye wateringly strong for me. I have a sample. I spray one spritz of the sample onto a cotton ball and rub the cotton ball on my wrist and behind my ears. Done. I may invest in a rollerball of this. Fwiw I found nirvana white screeching and synthetic. And black makes me smell like I slept at the dump. I already own a fb of rose and probably going to treat myself to be rollerball of bourbon for vday. So im really impressed with these flankers :)

About reviewer (126 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

Four lippies for this scent, on others :( I couldn't wait to try this, everything about this scent is so... me. Unfortunately, I don't get bourbon vanilla or oak wood, just pure, powdery floral. I love boozy vanillas, woods, and smokey scents and HATE florals so while it's still not a bad fragrance on me, it's exactly what I don't like when it should have been everything I love. It smells amazing on the couple of other people I've talked into trying it though, exactly what I was hoping it would be.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This fragrance is my dream scent. Spicy, smoky, vanilla with a bit of sweetness. Dry down is subtle. Just love it. It doesn't last as long as I'd Iike, but I forgive it because it smells so good.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Now THIS is totally in my wheelhouse -- a rich, warm, vanillic oriental. Beautiful & absolutely delicious. I'm wearing my rollerball now, but I know I'll wind up buying a big bottle. Perfect for Fall -- it's almost Fall in a bottle, really. Launched in 2016, Sephora says this: "a provocative blend of sultry vanilla bourbon, oakwood, and a hint of tuberose for a bold, oriental-woody scent with intoxicating confidence." It smells like wealth to me. I'm picturing an elegant club in the country, walls covered in expensive wood paneling, and a hint of booze in the background. The rich oakwood note balances the vanilla bourbon. The vanilla isn't too sweet, and the wood isn't rough -- it's lusciously blended and just right. If I hadn't read "tuberose" on the box, I'd have never known it was there. I'm not a fan of white florals (esp tuberose), and Bourbon just smells like rich boozy vanilla + rich gorgeous wood + lots of heavenly nuances. It's a very delicious fragrance! I now have all 4 Nirvanas, and although I really love Black, I think Bourbon is now my favorite.

About reviewer (285 reviews)

Age