Urban Decay Blackmail Vice Lipstick Palette

Urban Decay   Blackmail Vice Lipstick Palette
  Blackmail Vice Lipstick Palette

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/31/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Beautifully packaged with a clever shield to protect the individual trays of color; this is a great mini palette! The lip colors look wonderful on a variety of complexions. The lip brush is well made also. I caught it on sale at Ulta and purchased two!

A perfect palette! The case design is beautifully done with a hard plastic shield (instead of a cheap clear sheet) that flips to reveal the lipsticks and a generous mirror.
The shades are a great sampling of sheers and cremes, deep and lighter tones.
I, too, was hesitant to plunk down $17 for each tube; this is a much better way to get acquainted with Urban Decay lipsticks.
Highly recommend!

on 9/13/2016 1:35:00 PM

Amazing value! The packaging is adorable and the price is totally worth it. I wont lie, the colors don't look super gorgeous in the little pots inside the palette but don't let that fool you! All of the colors are absolutely beautiful and flattering and this is such a great way to try some colors without paying 17 dollars for one tube!

on 9/12/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, I'm a nerd, indulge me. The first thing I have to talk about is the brush.

The brush that comes with this palette is not only a snappy little retractable lip brush, but it has a little trapdoor that closes when the brush is retracted. Maybe this exists on other retractable brushes--I've never had one before--but I was so fascinated by this gorgeous, well-designed brush that it took me a few minutes to get to the actual lipstick and review it. Final note: The brush stains really easily, which is super obvious when you're using the dark, highly pigmented colors that come in this palette. Giving it a spray of brush cleaner and wiping it between uses seemed to do the trick and keep it from transferring color, in spite of the bristles turning a little pinkish.

On to the lipsticks. They're all amazing colors that look good on a variety of skin tones, they're all highly pigmented, they're all creamy. The sheer ones and the metallized ones, which are my favorite, seem to be a little streaky when first applied with the lip brush. A little blending seems to fix that right up.

Some of the lipsticks are softer than others, so you may find yourself putting your brush or finger into a color with a certain amount of force and discovering that it sinks in, messing up the perfect smoothness of the color and sometimes smearing the color up onto the 'lip' of the pan. They seemed to have designed a deep double lip on the pans in anticipation of this messiness. Still, really irritating to aesthetically mess up a brand new, smooth palette.

And if you're the kind of person who likes to try a variety of colors, and rarely finishes a lipstick before it expires, this is a way, way, way better deal than buying these as individual lipsticks. I rarely finish a lipstick, and I wanted to try Blackmail, Conspiracy, and Vanished, so this palette was already saving me money over three individual $17 lipsticks.

If you're a fan of bold lip colors, give this palette a try!

on 9/8/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this palette!

I noticed this new release while browsing Ulta online and knew I had to pick it up stat, so I speed walked to Ulta the very next day and made my purchase... OK so why was it so import for me to own this when I already have more lipsticks than I can count? Well, quite a few reasons actually. The colors in this are beautiful, easily go from day to night and/or can be mixed for the perfect shade. There are different formulations in the palette, from sheer to creams, mattes and metalics. You also get 12 shades for $35.00 which IMO is a great deal considering Vice lpsticks are $17.00 each - sure, you get a lot more in 1 lip tube BUT I rarely get through an entire tube before it goes bad. So to me, this is a great way to own more of the new vice formulations without breaking the bank. I also just adore the design of this palette; the sleek gun metal color, the hefty weight (not cheaply made in the slightest), etc.

I'm pretty sure this is limited edition so if you are like me and enjoy collecting palettes, I highly suggest this one. The quality and color/formulation combos just can't be beat.

The lipstick lasts forever! Slight exaggeration but you get the point. I put on some red lipstick at 1pm, and my lips were still totally covered at 11pm! I would recommend still doing some touch ups or lip gloss touch ups just to keep the color lively, but if you really don't have time it still looks great. The case is fantastic with an awesome mirror and cover for inbetween the lipstick and mirror to prevent staining. The only bad thing was that it was kind of difficult to apply. I'm not really a lip brush user though.