Chanel No 5 l'eau

Chanel No 5 l'eau

4.4

on 7/5/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel fragrance and it did not disappoint. Lasts the whole day even though it's not a parfum. I think that it's perfect for all seasons. It has a light sweet powdery dry down, which I think is quite fresh and young for a No. 5 variant.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Jasmine
Ylang Ylang
Cedar
Cotton Musk
Powdery Floral that is dainty...Smells like roses,citrus & cotton musk...Very Nice for Spring & Summer...

on 4/21/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh I LOVE this! Love love! It's sweet and lemony and summery and one whiff gives me a rush of happiness. This lasts really well on clothing. I didn't think it lasted on skin until my husband told me he can smell it when we wake up (a good thing). This, to me, is unmistakably No 5, but it's a much lighter version of the parfum. It's fairly similar to the EDP, which I also own, but all the woodsy elements in EDP are gone. It's as though L'eau is the top layer of the Chanel we know and love (or hate). I have fond memories of Chanel No. 5 throughout my entire life, and I adore all Chanels; (Bois des Iles is my "grail"). I stopped wearing Coco Mlle because I still smell it on so, so many people. One of my closest friends wears it all the time, and I've come to associate the fragrance with her, so it feels strange to wear it. My husband still loves Chance, and I still wear it regularly during cooler weather. Chance continues to cause perfect strangers to stop me in my tracts to ask about it. And this has already happened (in Albertson's of all places) with L'eau! No. 5 l'eau loves my skin and I love it right back. No. 5, for me, is still the essence "of woman" in all the attributes of being a woman. It's truly timeless and it's a masterpiece.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff is yet another winning fragrance from Chanel in my book! (I also have Chance EDT, which I absolutely adore!) The top notes in this fragrance are crisp citrus, while the heart notes are floral and the base notes are cedar and musk. Initially, I smell quite a bit of citrus upon application. However, once the perfume starts to dry down, those notes pretty much disappear. What's left is a lovely combination of floral and musk with a touch of cedar. It's a very feminine scent and perfect for warmer months, as it is not overpowering at all. I would highly recommend this particular perfume to those who want to wear something Chanel that is on the softer, less cloying side of things. I love some of their stronger perfumes, but I know that they are not for everybody.

on 1/29/2017 11:23:00 AM

I purchased the small bottle of this over the holidays. I think I have worn it everyday and have had no desire to wear any of my other fragrances. It is so lovely. Not overbearing, light and such a wonderful version of no. 5. One can tell it is a version of no. 5. But this is lighter and more wearable. Perhaps a bit more youthful. It suits daytime wear. And if you work in an environment that doesn't ban fragrance, this can easily be worn to the office.

It is honestly the first fragrance I have liked that has been launched in the past several years. Well, liked enough to buy a full bottle. I will surely re-purchase this when it runs out.

on 11/29/2016 11:24:00 AM

I've tried wearing Chanel N. 5 a couple of times and while I love how it smells, I always ended up having a headache. It's a very elegant and classic fragrance, one that is recreated in a softer and fresher version in L'eau.

This new perfume is easier to wear for me, but it doesn't last as long as the original. The reason is that L'eau is a eau de toilette, while No. 5 has different concentrations like perfum (the strongest) and eau de perfum, which are meant to last longer.

You can spray this a few times without worrying that it might be too much. L'eau is a perfume for casual days, at least to me. I don't imagine wearing this on a wedding or a very elegant event, like I would with No. 5. On those occasions I like wearing something more special and less fresh.

The perfume's top notes are lemon, mandarin, and orange. They are followed by rose, jasmine, and a fraction of ylang ylang. It ends with cedar and 'cottony' musk notes.

on 10/30/2016 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Chanel L’eau in my opinion, is a re-creation of the iconic, and legendary Chanel No 5. Chanel No. 5 L’Eau is my holy grail! It’s everything I’ve always wanted in a Chanel fragrance, Floral sophisticated , fresh, youthful, and an added bonus, No. 5 L’eau managed to capture the elegance, charm and sophistication of the original No. 5. I’ve tried several times to love the original Chanel No. 5, it’s a fragrance that is part of Chanel’s image, iconic and well, a part of history, My mother and grandmother adored the original No. 5 but unfortunately it did not love me back! Chanel N°5 L’Eau however worked very well with my body chemistry, and I got 6 hours of wear. I will re-purchase once this is finished.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually really L-O-V-E Chanel No 5 L'eau. I've been looking for a light, fresh, bright, uplifting and sophisticated everyday fragrance for a few years and I've finally found it.
Being accustomed to the offerings of No 5, other fragrance won't do which I found either too floral, sweet, fruity, musky, synthetic, linear/flat or had disappointing drydown or gave massive headache.

No 5 L'eau is different. It is delicate . . . bright . . . modern. It opens fresh with citrus (lemon) and iconic No 5 in a subtle, pleasant and wearable way. It is amazingly smooth, creamy, yet clean and maintains this lovely No 5 luxury "good-feel" throughout drydown. Wow!

It is well orchestrated. No sharpness. No headache. Just elegance.

Until No 5 L'eau, my favorite fragrance is No 5 Eau Premiere which I love and when I wear just makes me feel confident and complete.

My next favorite fresh, bright, happy fragrance is Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum which I absolutely love.

In addition, I appreciate the No 5 L'eau packaging with exterior and interior white sleeves to preserve this precious 2016 No 5 scent.

I'm so excited to have this special fragrance in my collection!

Thanks Chanel.

on 10/30/2016 4:07:00 AM

No.5 smells very different these days to how it was in the 90s. I stopped getting it and only got back to Chanel perfumes (another favourite was Coco noir extrait) when Eau Premiere came out which worked well for me when I was living in China. L'eau is a wonderful representative for No.5 and Premiere when I am in hot tropical climates and much as I love classic perfumes, they give me a terrific headache in 35 deg celcius weather with over 90% humidity. L'eau is very different yet definitely reminiscent of its predecessors. A definite must-try for those who are in love with the cult classic No.5 but when No.5 doesn't love them back.

Nice perfume, however, not very different from the original in my view.

Popular Fragrances