Chanel No 5 l'eau

Chanel No 5 l'eau

4.3

Oh my I love this smell!
I was all set to (re) purchase eau premiere- I bought it when it first came out but shortly after purchased the no5 pure parfum and so poor eau premiere, lovely as it was, sat neglected until I gave it away....
So getting primed to buy eau premiere I tested it on one wrist to confirm my choice, and l’eau on the other to rule it out. I had been given a sample of l’eau last year and spritzed it and though ‘meh’ because at the time I was working through a la nuit, Mohave ghost, and Bella freud’s 1970. I had my work cut out!

But now, now is different. Eau premiere seemed too powdery, too thick (which of course it isn’t on its own) next to the lightness of l’eau. But I was most surprised to find the drydown was delightfully complex AND, contrary to many other reviews and probably only by chance based on my skin chemistry, moved through an elegant iteration of allure before settling into a fresh, less obtrusive, less bold but by no means boring, no5 crysalis.
That might not be the best noun for the state of this perfume when it reaches its climax, however, it isn’t a ghost, nor a younger sister or daughter or any other youthful avatar in my more experienced opinion. It’s just cooler than the original and cooler than eau premier, again, in my opinion. And cool is timeless too. And it suits me just fine.....

on 1/13/2018 1:29:00 PM

If you can imagine a wooden citrusy No5 edp, this is it. It's very good, although I wouldn't say it's gorgeous.
What I like most about it is the capacity it has to remind you of No5 but still be completely different.
It also reminds me of No19, as it's very fresh.
But it has the same problem of most Chanel perfumes I love, (such as No5 edt and No5 eau premiere): it doesn't last at all on the skin. On clothes it lasts a little better though.

This fragrance is so delightful! The problem is that it has NO staying power, on me anyway. The smell is gone after 15 minutes. What a bummer! Maybe I could try layering it, but that would require me shelling out more money for the lotion (assuming they carry a lotion for L'eau). Overall, I love the scent... but for the cost, I should be smelling lovely all day or at least for hours.

on 7/5/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel fragrance and it did not disappoint. Lasts the whole day even though it's not a parfum. I think that it's perfect for all seasons. It has a light sweet powdery dry down, which I think is quite fresh and young for a No. 5 variant.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Jasmine
Ylang Ylang
Cedar
Cotton Musk
Powdery Floral that is dainty...Smells like roses,citrus & cotton musk...Very Nice for Spring & Summer...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff is yet another winning fragrance from Chanel in my book! (I also have Chance EDT, which I absolutely adore!) The top notes in this fragrance are crisp citrus, while the heart notes are floral and the base notes are cedar and musk. Initially, I smell quite a bit of citrus upon application. However, once the perfume starts to dry down, those notes pretty much disappear. What's left is a lovely combination of floral and musk with a touch of cedar. It's a very feminine scent and perfect for warmer months, as it is not overpowering at all. I would highly recommend this particular perfume to those who want to wear something Chanel that is on the softer, less cloying side of things. I love some of their stronger perfumes, but I know that they are not for everybody.

on 4/21/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh I LOVE this! Love love! It's sweet and lemony and summery and one whiff gives me a rush of happiness. This lasts really well on clothing. I didn't think it lasted on skin until my husband told me he can smell it when we wake up (a good thing). This, to me, is unmistakably No 5, but it's a much lighter version of the parfum. It's fairly similar to the EDP, which I also own, but all the woodsy elements in EDP are gone. It's as though L'eau is the top layer of the Chanel we know and love (or hate). I have fond memories of Chanel No. 5 throughout my entire life, and I adore all Chanels; (Bois des Iles is my "grail"). I stopped wearing Coco Mlle because I still smell it on so, so many people. One of my closest friends wears it all the time, and I've come to associate the fragrance with her, so it feels strange to wear it. My husband still loves Chance, and I still wear it regularly during cooler weather. Chance continues to cause perfect strangers to stop me in my tracts to ask about it. And this has already happened (in Albertson's of all places) with L'eau! No. 5 l'eau loves my skin and I love it right back. No. 5, for me, is still the essence "of woman" in all the attributes of being a woman. It's truly timeless and it's a masterpiece.

on 1/29/2017 11:23:00 AM

I purchased the small bottle of this over the holidays. I think I have worn it everyday and have had no desire to wear any of my other fragrances. It is so lovely. Not overbearing, light and such a wonderful version of no. 5. One can tell it is a version of no. 5. But this is lighter and more wearable. Perhaps a bit more youthful. It suits daytime wear. And if you work in an environment that doesn't ban fragrance, this can easily be worn to the office.

It is honestly the first fragrance I have liked that has been launched in the past several years. Well, liked enough to buy a full bottle. I will surely re-purchase this when it runs out.

on 11/29/2016 11:24:00 AM

I've tried wearing Chanel N. 5 a couple of times and while I love how it smells, I always ended up having a headache. It's a very elegant and classic fragrance, one that is recreated in a softer and fresher version in L'eau.

This new perfume is easier to wear for me, but it doesn't last as long as the original. The reason is that L'eau is a eau de toilette, while No. 5 has different concentrations like perfum (the strongest) and eau de perfum, which are meant to last longer.

You can spray this a few times without worrying that it might be too much. L'eau is a perfume for casual days, at least to me. I don't imagine wearing this on a wedding or a very elegant event, like I would with No. 5. On those occasions I like wearing something more special and less fresh.

The perfume's top notes are lemon, mandarin, and orange. They are followed by rose, jasmine, and a fraction of ylang ylang. It ends with cedar and 'cottony' musk notes.

on 10/30/2016 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Chanel L’eau in my opinion, is a re-creation of the iconic, and legendary Chanel No 5. Chanel No. 5 L’Eau is my holy grail! It’s everything I’ve always wanted in a Chanel fragrance, Floral sophisticated , fresh, youthful, and an added bonus, No. 5 L’eau managed to capture the elegance, charm and sophistication of the original No. 5. I’ve tried several times to love the original Chanel No. 5, it’s a fragrance that is part of Chanel’s image, iconic and well, a part of history, My mother and grandmother adored the original No. 5 but unfortunately it did not love me back! Chanel N°5 L’Eau however worked very well with my body chemistry, and I got 6 hours of wear. I will re-purchase once this is finished.

Popular Fragrances