4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Chanel perfume has been worn by mother and grandmother for decades. I remember when I gor my first one, Chance, mom and both were Madimoiselle often. Grandma wore Gabrielle and 05. L’eau 05 is my new favorite for sure. It’s smells more floral than 05 but not as floral as Madimoiselle. For me the smell reminds me of summer in Nice with freshly washed clothes put out and the scent of lavender blowing in the wind.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

a month ago

I wore original Chanel No 5 years ago (1970’s/1980’s) & loved it. Fast forward and I find it too heavy and moved on to Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche. However my husband bought me the No 5 Eau for Christmas last year. I love it. It is reminiscent of original No 5 but lighter and fresher. Can’t go wrong with Chanel.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

a month ago

like most chanel fragrances, this one ain't special. it is very pretty and feminine and "nice" but it isn't special. this is actually a good thing because the staying power is poor, so if you do want to wear this for a special occasion, know in advance it will barely last half the day.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a month ago

Amazing scent! You can wear this perfume for any event, I even just wear it in the day sometime because I love it so much! It has a fresh, and very sophisticated scent. Packaging and bottle good 👍 Definitley reccomend this prduct 😊

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 months ago

I have fond memories of Chanel No 5, and I always liked the idea of wearing it, but it has always been too "older lady" like for me. When Premiere came out I was fascinated but it didn't really do it for me. L'Eau just hits the sweet spot. It's still very recognizable as No 5, but much fresher, lighter and younger. For me this a quintessential french spring & summer fragrance. It can be worn with pretty much everything, but will go best with a good jeans, flats and a frilly blouse or a Breton shirt. Classic but with a fresh twist. Sillage and longevity are pretty good.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

5 months ago

I love everything about this fragrance but most of all is the dry down. I own the original No.5 and felt it ages me a bit and its quite too much aldeyheady. This one is very modern and such a great twist on the orginal. The two are different fragrances but with similar stories. I love the Leau and can testify that it has become my favorite. Its sophisticated yet lowkey. Its fresh yet mysterious. Its everything. If youve tried the original classic No.5 and is unable to rock it then this is for you. Olivier really loves his citruses and lemons. The first initial spritz has lots of freshness while still housing that Chanel Dna of aldehydes. The drydown has its ylang ylang, jasmine (ofcourse) and a soft may rose which is my favorite part of this. This really is the 2018 modernized no.5 for millenials but not in a bad way. It is classy and refreshing, not overpowering but still makes a statement This is more unisex but still leaning feminine. It is blended so well and does not smell cheap whatsoever. The only downside is how the longevity is not there. I took down a lippie for that reason.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Oh my I love this smell! I was all set to (re) purchase eau premiere- I bought it when it first came out but shortly after purchased the no5 pure parfum and so poor eau premiere, lovely as it was, sat neglected until I gave it away.... So getting primed to buy eau premiere I tested it on one wrist to confirm my choice, and l’eau on the other to rule it out. I had been given a sample of l’eau last year and spritzed it and though ‘meh’ because at the time I was working through a la nuit, Mohave ghost, and Bella freud’s 1970. I had my work cut out! But now, now is different. Eau premiere seemed too powdery, too thick (which of course it isn’t on its own) next to the lightness of l’eau. But I was most surprised to find the drydown was delightfully complex AND, contrary to many other reviews and probably only by chance based on my skin chemistry, moved through an elegant iteration of allure before settling into a fresh, less obtrusive, less bold but by no means boring, no5 crysalis. That might not be the best noun for the state of this perfume when it reaches its climax, however, it isn’t a ghost, nor a younger sister or daughter or any other youthful avatar in my more experienced opinion. It’s just cooler than the original and cooler than eau premier, again, in my opinion. And cool is timeless too. And it suits me just fine.....

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlond

2 years ago

If you can imagine a wooden citrusy No5 edp, this is it. It's very good, although I wouldn't say it's gorgeous. What I like most about it is the capacity it has to remind you of No5 but still be completely different. It also reminds me of No19, as it's very fresh. But it has the same problem of most Chanel perfumes I love, (such as No5 edt and No5 eau premiere): it doesn't last at all on the skin. On clothes it lasts a little better though.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

This fragrance is so delightful! The problem is that it has NO staying power, on me anyway. The smell is gone after 15 minutes. What a bummer! Maybe I could try layering it, but that would require me shelling out more money for the lotion (assuming they carry a lotion for L'eau). Overall, I love the scent... but for the cost, I should be smelling lovely all day or at least for hours.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

This is the freshest smell I've tried! It not too sweet or erotic. I use it everyday but for the price it quite expensive (chanel produce are always expensive lol)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24