The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask

The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask
Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Glycerin, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit, Kaolin, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PEG-100 Stearate, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Cera Alba, Perlite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Menthol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Citronellol, Linalool, Menthoxypropanediol, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Eugenol, Dextrin, Oryza Sativa Extract, CI 77891.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a solid exfoliating mask. It's a medium to thin white paste that applies smoothly on the skin. It's has a light herby scent that's not overpowering. It burns a little when first applied. I leave it on for longer than the 10 minutes on the instructions. I just kind of go about my business and wash it off when I think to. The chemical exfoliation is pretty weak. It's got granules that are the right size to exfoliate but not be too harsh. When I wash it off, I treat it like a scrub which is where it does most of the work. It does not brighten my skin or revitalize it. It scrubs it and mildly exfoliates. So far I see no difference in my skin including no difference in my pores. Overall this is an ok mask but it does not excite me.
The jar is heavy and solid, but it's deep so you kind of have to dig into it to get the product. I got it for cheap enough that I will use it up, but I feel like there are far more effective masks, especially for the price. If I had paid full price it would have been returned. For scrubbing, I prefer MAC volcanic ash exfoliator. For chemical exfoliation, I stick to my 2% BHA liquid from Paula's choice and retinol. Also, word of caution. I got one of the grains stuck in my eye. That hurt so bad and I could not get it out. I ended up filling my sink with water and sticking my head under water with my eyes open and swishing my head around. Think swirly in a sink with your eyes open. It really really was not fun.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started working at The Body Shop 2 months ago. This is by far the most effective mask that I've ever seen! I recommend it to all of my customers and even to my own family. I have really bad acne prone skin and I'm very skeptical about letting anything touch my face as my skin reacts to basically everything besides tea tree. This mask really sticks to its word- immediately visible results, illuminates dullness, reduced imperfections, oil controlling, evens out skin tone and smells so edible!

As an employee of The Body Shop, this is by far my favorite product in the entire store!

The Body Shop has recently released its new Chinese Ginseng and Rice powder polish wash and toner which is absolutely amazing too 🙂.

on 10/22/2017 11:49:00 AM

I’ve stayed away from body shop for awhile because I felt that their quality got worse over the years. So i was super hesitant to try it again but these superfood masks were too hard to resist. I chose the Chinese ginseng mask because my skin looks too dull and tired. Anyway, this product is amazing! After just one use, my skin was noticeably clearer and visibly smoother. The next day, I had a meeting and my foundation glided on effortlessly. Everyone complimented how great my skin was! I would buy this again.

on 7/31/2017 1:03:00 PM

I love it. Best find of the year.

on 7/24/2017 3:18:00 AM

Absolutely love this mask. It feels great apon application and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth afterwards. Its best to quickly apply this mask using a mask brush as it can get a bit messy.

The best part is that you can use it to gently exfoliate without drying your skin.

After a few uses, I've noticed my skin looking better. But don't let this mask alone be your savior. You would actually have to adopt a good skincare routine that includes thorough cleaning and moisturizing. A bit pricey but worth it.

on 7/24/2017 3:07:00 PM

So good. I tried it for a once and it looks really good i've got an aches and some of them are gone even tho i'm a teenager. best mask i've use ever

on 4/10/2017 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Went into body shop kind of aimlessly recently and they had a new range of antioxidant masks. They were quite a lot more expensive than there long standing mask ranges which I had used as a teen but it seemed they had more ingredients (I can actually see strands of ginseng in this one and rice particles) so I ponied up and paid for it. This mask is really nice. It tingles when put on and definitely exfoliates and brightens the skin. My skin feels tighter and brighter after using it and I even find the smell pleasant. The packaging is classy in a glass bottle and paper box and that's probably what got me. Well played tbs!

on 2/6/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to the body shop with a list of items I wanted to buy. I haven't shopped here in a good 5 years plus however as I am breastfeeding I wanted something natural. I planned to buy the charcoal mask however it was out of stock so I purchased this one and I am so glad I did. Out of all the items I bought on the day, this is my favourite with immediate results. It really does give your skin a nice polished look. My face felt brighter and smoother and my pores seemed clearer. I look forward to seeing the results after using on a continuous basis.

on 9/8/2016 12:09:00 PM

Pro:
- Easy to apply
- Skin looks brighter after use
- Skin feels softer & smoother
- Great packaging

Cons:
- The ginseng smell might not be appealing for everyone

I love this mask! I use it with The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask (ginseng mask on my forehead and cheeks, while the charcoal on my nose and chin) twice a week. After washing both mask off, my forehead and cheeks are noticeably clearer and brighter than the areas that had charcoal on it. The texture is gritty with the rice particles, so it acts as an exfoliant when washing your face. Not the best snelling from the range, but it does what it promises.

on 10/31/2016 4:58:00 PM

When I put this on first it stung a little but that subsided after a few minutes, it washed off easily, I did notice my pores were slightly clearer, my skin was smoother and brighter.
When I have dry, dull skin this really brings my face back to life, its a nice exfoliator. I do like this product but I dont think it's worth 25 euro, I have used many other cheaper exfoliators/exfoliating masks that work just the same. Ill use it until it runs out but I wont repurchase. I like the packaging so it gets one extra lipstick for that, it also lasts quite awhile, I have it about a month, use it a few times a week and I have a good amount left, it doesnt give me any negative results but im not blown away by it.