The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask

The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask
Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Glycerin, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit, Kaolin, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PEG-100 Stearate, Alcohol Denat., Decyl Glucoside, Cera Alba, Perlite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Menthol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Citronellol, Linalool, Menthoxypropanediol, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Eugenol, Dextrin, Oryza Sativa Extract, CI 77891.

on 12/16/2018 4:06:00 PM

After consulting MUA, I decided to take advantage of a Body Shop Black Friday sale, and sprung for the Ginseng & Rice mask. I already have the British Rose mask after hearing it was a dupe for the Fresh rose face mask. While the rose mask is nice, it´s also kind of forgettable and doesn´t leave any lasting effect. This mask, however, is great. It looks like oatmeal, and has a thick, gritty texture, but is very soothing going on. I like that while it´s drying it doesn´t make your skin feel tight or cracking. It just kind of feels like dry oatmeal on your face. After about 10 minutes, I love wetting my hands a bit, and before starting to clean my face, I just take that moisture and make circular motions around face, and create a sort or exfoliating paste. I´m left with super smooth, baby´s bottom skin. The texture, bumps and dry patches I had before are smoothed over, and I feel super soft. I follow it up with a pump or two of The Body Shop Oil of Life face oil, and now I can´t stop touching my face. This is the third time I´ve used it now, and it´s great for when your spots are on its 4th or 5th day, and it´s just the fading mark and little blister left over. It definitely helps it heal up faster. Love!

on 10/22/2018 10:45:00 PM

I'm into my second jar and can positively vouch for this. I was first given a sachet sample by the sales person and fell in love with it. I have tried the Himalayan charcoal and the new Japanese Matcha Tea mask range (my next purchase for sure!). For the eco- consciousness, after your finish the product, you can return the jar to TBS for recycle (like Back to Mac) which I like. Normally I wash with cleanser , then remove my back heads with a surgeon like scapel... dont fear doing this yourself. Later, I apply the mask and leave for 30 mins and just rinse. The grainy bits also work like a good exfoliate loofah. This does sting the skin bit nothing major that I cant handle. I used this at least once a week. This baby is expensive but it lasts a good 1 1/2 months. It has a mild scent. After rinsing I just add some moisturizer and relax. Feels like I just hit the spa or sthg. My skin looks clear and all enlarged pores look smaller.My skin feels taut, refreshed and revitalized. This literally feels like you visited a world renowned spa and befits TBS spa range reputation. Recommend? I say buy but try the other masks range to find what suits your skin type

To me this is more of a gentle exfoliate than a mask. I like the scent thought, kinda herby with a lil bit of rice smell (since it have rice in it :D). I use this mask once every 2-3 weeks, when I feel like my skin is looking dull or if I see white head. My skin does not brighten up immediately but it does look and feel cleaner. It can sting a little bit once you apply, so people with sensitive skin need to test before you purchase.

Ah and I often multi mask this in the cheek and chin area, white using TBS Green tea and charcoal mask for the T-zone.

Cannot live without this! I wasn’t expecting it to do wonders but it really exceeded my expectations. Your skin will feel refreshed and illuminated after using this mask. And the effect is lasting if you use it on a regular basis. I like to put a moderate layer on the skin and use as per instructed. Once it’s done, I’ll add a little bit of water to the skin and exfoliate gently while slowly rinsing it off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a solid exfoliating mask. It's a medium to thin white paste that applies smoothly on the skin. It's has a light herby scent that's not overpowering. It burns a little when first applied. I leave it on for longer than the 10 minutes on the instructions. I just kind of go about my business and wash it off when I think to. The chemical exfoliation is pretty weak. It's got granules that are the right size to exfoliate but not be too harsh. When I wash it off, I treat it like a scrub which is where it does most of the work. It does not brighten my skin or revitalize it. It scrubs it and mildly exfoliates. So far I see no difference in my skin including no difference in my pores. Overall this is an ok mask but it does not excite me.
The jar is heavy and solid, but it's deep so you kind of have to dig into it to get the product. I got it for cheap enough that I will use it up, but I feel like there are far more effective masks, especially for the price. If I had paid full price it would have been returned. For scrubbing, I prefer MAC volcanic ash exfoliator. For chemical exfoliation, I stick to my 2% BHA liquid from Paula's choice and retinol. Also, word of caution. I got one of the grains stuck in my eye. That hurt so bad and I could not get it out. I ended up filling my sink with water and sticking my head under water with my eyes open and swishing my head around. Think swirly in a sink with your eyes open. It really really was not fun.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started working at The Body Shop 2 months ago. This is by far the most effective mask that I've ever seen! I recommend it to all of my customers and even to my own family. I have really bad acne prone skin and I'm very skeptical about letting anything touch my face as my skin reacts to basically everything besides tea tree. This mask really sticks to its word- immediately visible results, illuminates dullness, reduced imperfections, oil controlling, evens out skin tone and smells so edible!

As an employee of The Body Shop, this is by far my favorite product in the entire store!

The Body Shop has recently released its new Chinese Ginseng and Rice powder polish wash and toner which is absolutely amazing too 🙂.

on 10/22/2017 11:49:00 AM

I’ve stayed away from body shop for awhile because I felt that their quality got worse over the years. So i was super hesitant to try it again but these superfood masks were too hard to resist. I chose the Chinese ginseng mask because my skin looks too dull and tired. Anyway, this product is amazing! After just one use, my skin was noticeably clearer and visibly smoother. The next day, I had a meeting and my foundation glided on effortlessly. Everyone complimented how great my skin was! I would buy this again.

on 7/31/2017 1:03:00 PM

I love it. Best find of the year.

on 7/24/2017 3:07:00 PM

So good. I tried it for a once and it looks really good i've got an aches and some of them are gone even tho i'm a teenager. best mask i've use ever

on 7/24/2017 3:18:00 AM

Absolutely love this mask. It feels great apon application and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth afterwards. Its best to quickly apply this mask using a mask brush as it can get a bit messy.

The best part is that you can use it to gently exfoliate without drying your skin.

After a few uses, I've noticed my skin looking better. But don't let this mask alone be your savior. You would actually have to adopt a good skincare routine that includes thorough cleaning and moisturizing. A bit pricey but worth it.