4.1

on 11/8/2017 4:11:00 PM

Don't like... smells very much like a bag of green bud. Guess that's how the name came about. Sorry SJP!

on 10/29/2017 4:31:00 PM

Smells much more expensive, like a bespoke perfume. I smell a lot of cedar, leather, a bit of musk, a small amount of patchouli, and a distinct note of new tire shop. I like it.

on 6/18/2017 3:17:00 PM

At first sniff, I caught cinnamon. As it settles, I do get mostly cedar. A non-sweet option for me. I might buy it come cold weather. It does overall seem to be in the spirit of Covet.

on 10/12/2017 1:57:00 PM

I'd been curious about this since its launch but it's impossible to find here France. Located an inexpensive bottle online and took a leap - my second blind buy - Cuir de Lancome being the first.

This juice is outstanding. I loved it from the moment it hit my skin but in a rare feat, I continued to love it all the way through to its dry down.

A word: The juice's color doesn't accurately reflect the scent itself; from the visual presentation, I expected something, darker, boozy and altogether moodier. That small caveat aside, it is, hands down the best celebrity scent I've encountered.

What I sense: A very quick hit of grapefruit, joined by some nose-tickling black pepper, incense, a modern patchouli, lots of cedar, a tiny bit of vetiver, creamy woods (perhaps the massoia?) and a beautifully rendered musk - a musk which doesn't smell like fresh laundry but is still a far cry from dirty or skanky. It just smells lived-in and human, if those descriptors make any sense.

I notice some reviewers smell coconut and while I doubt there's coconut in Stash, the scent profile of massoia lactone includes milky, creamy and coconut-like facets. Personally, I didn't pick up any ginger-lily or pistachio but of course it's possible that I'm anosmic to those elements.

Happy that I opted for the 100mL bottle because this is the type of fragrance which requires a generous application - I went with 6 spritzes and it's still very light for an edp. You're not likely to clear a room with it.

I see this quickly becoming a scent I reach for often as it seems extremely versatile and not tied to a specific season.

on 1/29/2017 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I read somewhere that there's supposed to be an element of "man sweat" in this fragrance. Dunno where that was, but it gave me pause.

Set aside the fact that I have no desire to smell like a sweaty man unless there has been some actual physical frolicking involved, and in no event would I pay for either that frolicking or the opportunity to bear its associated scent. And set aside the fact that one must roll one's eyes at a blatant attempt at pandering (yeah, I said it) to consumers lookin' for a li'l somethin'-somethin' or, more likely, wanting to give the impression of lookin' for it.

I came into a little $$ for my birthday (a different kind of somethin'-somethin') and the descriptions of Stash were sufficiently intriguing for me to take the plunge and give it a try. I bought the gift set, half price at Ulta. And I opened the bottle with trepidation, dreading the "man sweat" element.

It wasn't there. Thank God. And it wasn't a big blast of patchouli, either; I get no patchouli from this. I have no problem with patchouli, having several fragrances which have a touch of it, and I have no problem with vetiver, either. In fact, I have no problem AT ALL with this fragrance; and, as it happens, I LOVE IT. I get blended woods, primarily cedar (mmmmmm), and musk. And all of this wonderfulness combines in a skin scent that lasts for hours.

I am one of the first people on this site to screech about ridiculous fragrance prices. That being said, I will scrape up change from the couch cushions and buy this again, and I'll even get the big bottle next time. Stash is an instant addition to my top 3, and it's no sweat to say so.

on 3/15/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The trend of perfume these days seems to favor really sweet perfumes like La Vie Est Belle, Black Opium, Poison Girl, etc. This is really a lovely fragrance. It is earthy, spicy. It has incense. It's different. Also, it's a "celebrity" perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker (SJP). I ordered a roller ball, and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists after applying it. It is very different from what is usually coming out these days from perfume houses. If you like warm, spicy scents, you will love Stash.

on 12/5/2016 12:06:00 PM

I don't usually write fragrance reviews as I have a hard time identifying notes and relating in words how something smells but I think this fragrance is really unique for the mass market so I wanted to get my two cents in. I tend to like niche fragrances (and don't buy a lot of them as they are not cheap) due to their lack of synthetic smell. I got the $40 kit at Ulta (with the smaller bottle of perfume, the lotion and a teeny tiny roller ball) after randomly sampling this. I was not aware of any of SJP's previous fragrances but the bottle attracted me - kinda looked like whiskey. This immediately reminded me of patchouli or the incense in church but it was not overpowering in smell. Something also keeps the scent "bright" for lack of a better term as it does not seem like an incense bomb on the skin. It is definitely woody and it leans masculine/unisex (so if you are looking for a very feminine fragrance, whatever that means, I am not sure this will do it for you). Dries down to a clovey, incense smell that is a little spicey and does not over power. I love this for the fall and winter and for a fragrance of this caliber, the price seems really good for the gift set. I think the full bottle is around $80 which is not expensive for something that smells niche. 4/7/17 UPDATE: I still love this scent and wear it all the time but I do have to say, the longevity of it is not great and it does not project well. I don't think you can over do this perfume (the people who are in the elevator with me in the morning may disagree). I have to smell my wrists to get a strong does of this but I don't love it any less as the scent it so unique and incense-y.

on 12/18/2016 7:15:00 PM

This is a nice scent and one that I really am enjoying. To me it's a great holiday scent or cold weather perfume. It has a woodsy, earthy, musky, and good incense scent to me. To me it's a bunch of my favorite things rolled into one. This smells like a niche scent to me I don't know if this was intended or not but it reminds me of a woodsy oriental fragrance. It's very unique for a celebrity scent you can tell a lot of love went into the creation of this. I love the packaging it reminds me of a Johnny Walker Black bottle and the juice looks like whiskey or scotch to me.

This really impressed me I just keep sniffing it. I recieved the perfume with the elixir which I adore btw. And for a 1 ounce bottle you only need the smallest amount because it comes off a little sharp which I think is the grapefruit or citrus but it finally settles down into a lovely skin scent. My boyfriend commented that he loved the way I smelled and that was in the am. So even hours later you can still smell it and it smells good! It's the first scent where the cedar doesn't smell wrong on me.

So I would buy the 3.5 in this because I love it! But not everyone will like this I can see it being a love it or leave it frag for sure. But if you like it I think it'll be one that not everyone is wearing and it's unique for a celeb scent. Actually it's my first celebrity scent period! I'm not usually into them at all, but Stash sounded so good that I'm so happy with it. This is one to try if you like a nice cold weather scent it's really perfect for the holidays imo. Love! Recommended. :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ooh yes! Very good unisex scent. Leathery and smoky and sexy. I got the set with the set with the 1.7 ounce EDP, the purse rollerball, and the "elixer" oil for about $50 in a holiday gift set (for myself...). Really reminds me of the discontinued Kate Walsh Boyfriend perfume with that womanly amber and vanilla mixed with the scent of a man that rubbed against you with his sexy scent and left it on you... And it can go both ways. Maybe a sexy lady left a little Dior Addict on you while you're wearing a manlier cologne. Really good for layering too. I'm really liking putting that elixer in the ends of my hair and a dot on my pulse points. So far I've mixed it with Hermes Eau Des Merveiles, Dior Addict and Hypnotic Poison. Planning on tying with Angel EDP next.
It's not the longest lasting, strongest scent, but I like that about it. Never tried any other SJP scents so I can't compare about similarity or lasting powrr compared to her others, but I'm really enjoying this for the value. Grab a gift set now or maybe after the holidays on sale and check it out of you like this type of thing.

on 10/31/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sprayed some in Ulta. Got the rollerball of this to try it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I don't know why I tried it. The packaging and advertising with Sarah Jessica Parker wallowing around looks silly, but the fragrance is beautiful. Smokey, inscense-y, woody, almost-oriental. Seems great for fall. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Popular Fragrances