The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask
Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Kaolin, Moroccan Lava Clay, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alcohol Denat., Camellia Sinensis Leaf, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pumice, Argania Spinosa Shell Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Parfum, Charcoal Powder, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Limonene, Linalool, Methylpropanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citric Acid, Menthoxypropanediol, Citral, Geraniol, Coumarin, Caramel.

on 12/6/2017 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Amazing mask - tightens my pores, minimizes breakouts and leaves my skin glowing. Massive pain to wash off though, the leaves/charcoal extracts like to stick. Price is reasonable and packaging is gorgeous.

on 9/25/2017 3:24:00 PM

I’ve read the amazing reviews from tons of bloggers/beauty gurus that i follow. So when i was done with my face mask i gave this one a try.
Over all i like it, it shrinks the size of my pores and drys up couple of my active break outs. The packaging is nice, it comes with a protective lid so that the mask doesn’t dry out.
However it is a pain to get it off my face. It has these little leaves in it that dry up and just sticks to your face for life. Im not even joking, every time I use this i spend at least 15 minutes washing my face. It just over works my face for no reason.
If you have sensitive skin or any sort of active breakout i do not recomend it to you. It works for oily/ combination skin. (I have combination skin with a little bit of hormonal acne) The mask did even out my skin a bit and if you are on a budget it is the best that I’ve tried in the drugstore range. If you can spare a bit more then i can recommend Origins charcoal mask. It doesn’t dry out the skin and also shrinks the pores👌🏻

on 8/23/2017 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely love this. I use it weekly in tandem with the British Rose mask.

This empties my pores and tightens my skin. I love the small and how clean my skin feels after using it. The only thing I hate about it is the charcoal lumps. They seem unnecessary and are an absolute nightmare to wash off. They cling to everything. Easier to wash off in the shower.

on 7/19/2017 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I honestly started out loving this product cause I could visibly see the oils being pulled out of my nose. However, I only bought this because my usually normal pores were starting to look a little clogged. This instead made them turn into cystic pimples every time I used it! Now, obviously I thought maybe it was purging my skin or maybe it was due to the stress I was facing at the time, but I gave it more than a month and it didn't settle. I stopped using it for a while and my skin was normal again but I then had to deal with the pigmentation it caused! It's been at least a month since I stopped and I'm less stressed now so I wanted to give it another shot this weekend but yet again, it made my normal skin breakout so badly. The smell is off-putting after a while because it is so strong and the chunks in it need to be peeled off if you let them completely dry. I'm sure it might work for oilier skin types or less sensitive skin but for people with already okay skin, don't mess your skin up. There is no glow, just redness and irritation with this!

I got a sample of this when The Body Shop was selling the British Rose, Ethiopian Honey and Himalayan mask together (one use each). I thought this was great for exfoliating my skin and also had a tingling effect as it dried on your skin. It definitely made my skin feel brighter after use which is great. However I wonder if the "leaves" in the mask (I think they're leaves) could potentially damage the skin given that they're not smooth spheres like in a exfoliator or other exfoliating masks.

on 7/7/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have normal/dry skin but I prefer detoxing masks for breakouts. I brought this mask because of the smell, it's beautiful however I don't see results when I take it off. When I put this mask on, this mask has a stinging sensation to this which didn't feel that pleasant however it feels that it's working. This mask takes forever to dry, more than the time it says to leave it on. When it dried, it cracks on the skin and it's a pain to wash off. I always find flecks on it on my skin the day. While my skin does feel soft and smooth afterwards, my blackheads and spots are still visible and appears unaffected by the mask. Honestly, if you use this regularly I think you could find results but if you want an instant result this isn't the product for you. I also think that this is ridiculously priced for a highstreet brand and for how much you get (75ml). The packaging does look luxurious though. I have nearly ran out of this product and I have already replaced it with another brand. I don't think this product is worth its hype, not for me anyways.

on 3/29/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite mask. When I apply the mask it tingles a little bit. I use it for about half an hour, sometimes less and maybe three times a week. My skin feels so clean after I have used this mask. I had a lot of pimples before I started using this mask and now they are gone. It has a quite strong scent, but nothing that bothers me, usually I am sensitive to strong scents.

on 1/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product as I'd heard such good things about it! It DID leave my skin glowing after the first use. It felt really fresh and clean. I liked the smell of the mask and feel like you get a lot of product for your money, compared to other products on the market. However, I used to get pimples on my forehead and chin a lot, which have reappeared. The only change I've made to my skincare regime is the mask, which has left me not wanting to use it again due to my now red and angry t zone. This would be a great mask for oilier skin but not for sensitive skin.

on 1/4/2017 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been on the look out for a charcoal mask and I happened to see this on the display at TBS store so decided to give it ago. I applied a thin layer on my face, away from eyes and lips area. It was quite tingly as soon as I applied it and did not subside until I washed it off - not really something I could just apply and relax to. Washing it off wasn't too difficult, I first dampened it with a bit of water first. for next time I'll probably just applur it to my forehead and nose as it is a bit drying on the rest of my face. The scent was also a bit too strong for my liking

on 12/5/2016 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can I just that by all means I do not have sensitive skin, but my face reacted horribly to this. First, it doesn't smell fresh, it smells like a bad perfume, i.e. alcohol, but I'm not one to complain about scent, so its not something that turned me off, but if you do have problems with scent, then this isn't the product for you.
Second, its not a nice tingly sensation, it burns... like a lot for the first five minutes and then it calms down but its not a nice feeling.
And lastly, the process of removing the product wasn't bad but once I took it off I saw that my face was red and my face rarely ever gets redness.
I tried this product three times and I gave up on it. I didn't like it... Its not it didn't do anything, it did, it made my face a lot worse...