The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask
Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Kaolin, Moroccan Lava Clay, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alcohol Denat., Camellia Sinensis Leaf, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pumice, Argania Spinosa Shell Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Parfum, Charcoal Powder, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Limonene, Linalool, Methylpropanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citric Acid, Menthoxypropanediol, Citral, Geraniol, Coumarin, Caramel.

on 1/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product as I'd heard such good things about it! It DID leave my skin glowing after the first use. It felt really fresh and clean. I liked the smell of the mask and feel like you get a lot of product for your money, compared to other products on the market. However, I used to get pimples on my forehead and chin a lot, which have reappeared. The only change I've made to my skincare regime is the mask, which has left me not wanting to use it again due to my now red and angry t zone. This would be a great mask for oilier skin but not for sensitive skin.

on 1/4/2017 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been on the look out for a charcoal mask and I happened to see this on the display at TBS store so decided to give it ago. I applied a thin layer on my face, away from eyes and lips area. It was quite tingly as soon as I applied it and did not subside until I washed it off - not really something I could just apply and relax to. Washing it off wasn't too difficult, I first dampened it with a bit of water first. for next time I'll probably just applur it to my forehead and nose as it is a bit drying on the rest of my face. The scent was also a bit too strong for my liking

on 12/5/2016 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can I just that by all means I do not have sensitive skin, but my face reacted horribly to this. First, it doesn't smell fresh, it smells like a bad perfume, i.e. alcohol, but I'm not one to complain about scent, so its not something that turned me off, but if you do have problems with scent, then this isn't the product for you.
Second, its not a nice tingly sensation, it burns... like a lot for the first five minutes and then it calms down but its not a nice feeling.
And lastly, the process of removing the product wasn't bad but once I took it off I saw that my face was red and my face rarely ever gets redness.
I tried this product three times and I gave up on it. I didn't like it... Its not it didn't do anything, it did, it made my face a lot worse...

on 12/5/2016 12:48:00 PM

I have a combination skin and this was recommended by a friend. Every morning i get quite a few pimples on my nose and forehead. Been using this for about a week and i can actually feel the difference .My skin is soft, no morning pimples, glowing skin .Would definitely get this one again.:D :D

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mask is the greatest dupe for Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate, the one in the black jar. It is almost identical.

It has a cooling effect when you apply it on your face. the mud is light taupe in colour and it contains green tea leaves and tiny beads.

The scent is very fresh, smells like green tea.

I love it and i find that it does clean and exfoliate my face just like the Glamglow mask.

I didnt experience any scratching from the tea leaves, but i wouldnt recommend it to people with sensitive skin because it might be too harsh for them. It works perfectly for me.

I love how Body Shop gives you a free sample which can be used up to two times, so make sure you ask for it before buying the full size jar to make sure it works for you.

Overall i had a great experience with this mask and i do recommend it.

on 10/8/2016 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Comes in a nice glass jar with a disc seal. I've used this mask around 4 times now but not regularly & I love the tingling feeling when applied but the bits make it hard to apply. It does however, act as a 2 in 1 as it gently exfoliates as you're washing it off. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I liked using this mask, I liked how cooling it felt and how quickly it worked, although scrubbing it off left my skin irritated. I have never had sensitive skin or reactions to skincare products, but my oily skin was left red and splotchy. It seems to be too harsh a scrub for the face. My skin feels ultra clean and smooth but my forehead and cheeks are irritated. I have scratches on my forehead from whatever is used as an exfoliant.

on 9/18/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mask is wonderful! I have used it 2 times a week since I got it 2 weeks ago and have noticed my skin, along with the tea tree line, has become a lot softer. Also, it helps my nose to be less oily. It is very annoying because when it dries, it is crusty and hard to move your face, also as it is drying, it is SUPER cooling, so you feel like your face is stuck in the freezer. It does have an artificial smell and there are some fragrances and alcohol in it, just a heads up if you're allergic or get dry skin from this.

on 9/17/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Loved this mask!! I have been using lush for the past year and found this to be just as good if not better...once you put this mask on it gives your face a tingling feeling and starts to harden and dry..it was easy to wash and made my face feel super soft..will definitely try all the other masks in the range...well done Body Shop

on 9/6/2016 1:15:00 PM

Pros:
- Really nice packaging
- Smooth and easy to spread consistency
- Smells nice
- Skin feels firmer after washed off

Cons:
- Pores looked the same after use
- Cheeks felt very tight after
- Scratched my skin as I was trying to wash it off

This mask tingles and tightens your skin as it dries after application. It really did feel like it was doing something while waiting for it to dry. However, once dried (about 30 minutes), the mask was hard and unforgiving to wash off. I found it a little difficult to remove as it was stuck to my face and the dried clay bits scratched my skin. My skin was red afterwards (but quickly went away). The next time I used it, i only left it on for 10 minutes and it was a lot easier to remove.
I do like the mask because my face feels smooth and soft after one use.