Maybelline New York Gone Greige

No Image

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Didn't think I could pull off a grey toned lipsticks since many I've tried make me look post-mortem. But this one has a spicy undertone that makes it combine glamorously with my yellow undertoned skin. It's a statement color but not too "out there" if you know what I mean. I've worn this for college and my friends have gotten the same shade and love it as well.
The formula is matte but not too dry, very opaque, and very durable on the lips after meals.
I definitely recommend this if you want something bold but classy at the same time!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick - it's definitely a bold colour. The finish is creamy and it goes on well. It doesn't necessarily have the best staying power, but it stays on ok. The colour is a lot darker/browner than it shows up in most pictures.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a brownish-grey, mostly matte, smooth creamy lipstick. It has good lasting power, although about half of it rubbed off when I ate. Very comfortable to wear, easy to apply. The scent disappears almost immediately.

This lipstick is basically grey on me (light olive skin), with a tiny hint of brown. It washes me out a little bit (which I don't mind!), but that could be solved with some blush or a bold eye. I LOVE this colour. It's interesting and bold, but not too in-your-face, and still office appropriate (at my fairly casual office).

It would be good to wear lip liner with this. One note, and this is why I deducted one lippie, is that the edges of the lipstick reveal the pink of your lip underneath - which might not bother some people, but bugs me because it makes it look less sharp. That said, if you are fair or not-olive-toned, this would probably look more pink on you, and therefore not be a problem.

What a gorgeous lipstick this is OMG ~ it's a very nice grey/brown/mauve and is cool toned, the formulation is quite silky when applied, it's not a complete matte finish which I also like about it, goes great with a smoky eye, very trendy and edgy, Maybelline has really been impressing me lately with their new lipstick collections and I'm already buying more! Great price and great lipstick for a drugstore! Thank you Maybelline!

on 3/17/2017 12:27:00 PM

I love this colour & the pigment, I got it on sale for $6.99 and it's gorgeous! The staying power isn't great though & it does transfer so that's the downside. Overall great product for the price

on 9/6/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For the gray lip trend I decided to take a color risk from my safe reds, neutral rose and corals. This is very balm like in texture which isn't offensive, just not to my liking. The color against my naturally mauve-ish lips is pretty but a bit too neutral to my personal liking. I wore this with minimal face makeup and therein lies the issue. IMO this neutral/mauve/taupe color requires a heavily enhanced eye. Without that this sort of color is very visually unappealing to me. I also feel lip liner frames the lip and gives this very neutral color dimension. I really like dimension and have worn lip liner all my life and will continue to do so regardless lack of popularity. That said, I will keep this but will wear with another cooler matte lipstick to personalize this very odd color. Added a lipstick because Maybelline made effort to get current.