Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is just meh. I have Medium length (1 inch below shoulders) fine, straight hair that tens to be be dry and flyaway. If you use too much of this stuff, your hair will look more greasy. My boyfriend commented that it took the "Life" out of my hair. It looked kinda limp. He was right. But I gave it to my teenage son who has ultra thick wavy hair and he likes it for texture and it works much better on his hair type. I was hoping to get that piecy look with this but it failed miserably for me. It's expensive but I can see this jar lasting forever. It will probably go "bad" before you use it all. So fine hair folks, not good. Wavy, coarse hair, yes.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One word sums this up: gross. I've tried other brands of wax or pastes and this is my least favorite. It doesn't hold and gums up. I have fine but thick straight, healthy hair.

on 2/28/2008 11:43:00 AM

Out of any waxes or pomades, I like this one best. It's lighter than the other ones I've tried. I like to use it to keep my side swept bangs in place but not stiff and unnatural. It has a pleasant smell to it and it's not very sticky nor does it dull the hair like some do. It lasts a looong time.

I used this when I had very short hair almost everyday and loved it.It tames frizzies and took away puffiness while adding major shine.The smell is just unbelievable;it's SO good!The cleanest smell ever.The pomade itself is a beautiful crystal clear sea foam green color with opalescent particles throughout it.I no longer use this but gave the rest to my brother.So it's great for men,too.

I have found this product very useful. I have very long chemically treated hair that is naturally wavy and the ends tend to split and look very fried between color treatments. A small amount of Water Wax run through my ends after blow drying helps combat the frizz/split problem.

on 8/15/2004 1:38:00 AM

ahh, this stuff did nothing for me, but then i think it's meant for those with short, peicy cuts. I have just-past sholder length hair, and i tried to make this work. i tried to use it to slick back my pony tail, but it just looked greasy. i tried to use it to define my layers in front of my face, and even though i used a tiny bit, it just got all glumpy. oh, and the product buildup it caused on my super-fine hair was dreadful! i had to scrub like there is no tommorow. i would imagine this would be great for someone who NEEDS a pomade to keep their cut in shape, otherwise, i wouldnt go near it.

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.