Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

on 12/6/2010 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had this in my drawer for at least 7 years. Somehow its half way gone. I think I keep it and use it off and on hoping I will like it some day.

WELL TODAYS THE DAY !!

I finally 'get' the name. Water wax. Its not heavy. I have fine, wavy color treated hair that I usually wear straight or curled, and its layered. I also have bangs that I have kind of texturized and wear kind of to the side, with a major cowlick in the front.

I've used this the last few days - I rotate thru Jonathan Dirt and some stuff by Aveda, and I've noticed this is SUPER clean. Not oily, not heavy and I can use it on my bangs and they don't look dirty and gross a day later. I like to go about 4 days between washings and this doesn't seem to propel me closer to a wash than other pomade/wax products do.

WOW. It also seems to volumize. And all very lightly. I am impressed. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. I put this on my hair dry as a final 'finishing' product.

on 9/28/2007 9:40:00 PM

Cant believe I havent written a review on this stuff yet. Have been using this for years and have turned some friends onto this stuff. Its very lightweight, not sticky and has a very light fragrance. Its great for separation & helps w/the flyaways. BTW I have very thick & coarse hair. Im probably on my 3rd jar which for me to repurchase a product doesnt happen very often. One of my hgs.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair that I have to stuff into a tidy bun 12 hours a week during my dance classes. I was using gels and hair sprays, but I wanted something that didn't crystalize. I have to go straight from dance classes to my academic classes.

I really like this pomade, because it tames fly aways for my dance classes, but I can take my hair down and have a more relaxed and casual look when I go about the rest of my day.

My hair also tends to be frizzy right after I wash it, so a dab of this pulled through damp hair helps keep my waves from being wrecked and turning into cotton candy.

on 12/2/2006 11:19:00 PM

I LOVE this product!!! I have ultra fine, straight, dark hair. I've recently added platinum highlights and I use it to chunk them out. It really makes them stand out and gives my fine hair volume. It's absolutely fabulous!! Do be careful to only use a small amount and make sure your warm it up with your hands before dabbing it into hair.

I like this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy. Very light and helps tame the frizzies and flyaways like a dream. It really does not have any hold at all, but I like it as it keeps my fine medium length hair from being bad during the day.

on 1/25/2006 11:01:00 PM

My medium-thick shoulder length hair with layers fares so much better with an oilier product. This stuff just doesn't do it for me. It feels like it melts into my hair and then does nothing.

I tried straigtening my hair with this product, but i won't be doing that again! Worst product ever bought. The only thing it did do my hair was make it greasy and gross looking, it was also heavy. Didn't help straighten my hair at all. At $15 it is $15 overpriced. Save your money for Murray's $2 pomade! Trust me.

The gel texture is goopy and difficult to manage. Despite my efforts, I just couldn't acheive the coveted piece-y look with this. Instead, my hair wound up greasy and flat. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

on 2/15/2003 10:43:00 PM

The shimmery iridescence of this product drew me to buy it, but it didn't hold my hair in place at all. It does not hold well, and there is nothing wax-y about it.

Too gooey. Leaves hair gooey even if you use a teeny tiny bit.

Popular Styling Products