Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

on 11/18/2003 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I used just a bit to smooth frizz after blowdrying and straightening but it left my hair a greasy mess. Very goopy, sticky product too.

My hair dresser recommends this aftr i cut side swept bangs.Well, as it claims, it's a water wax, so it dun really feels sticky on our hair n will leave a soft-hair-fall look.I found it only works on my bangs but didnt really smooth out my baby hair n flyawayz.So so product.

on 1/1/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My hairstyle changes frequently and this is the product I go back to whenever I do shorter/layered hairstyles. I have straight hair that has a tiny bit of natural wave at the ends, so I'm prone to frizzies...Redken's water wax helps in defining layers while smoothing the hair shaft down a bit. I like using it better than a regular shine serum because it has a tiny amount of holding power and texturizing properties. This is the only "wax" that I'll use...comparable products labeled as waxes are just that -- very hard to work with and will rip your hair out unless you have a very short cropped haircut. This is more like a very firm gel in a jar. It has that pool blue color with some shimmer particles. I suppose this adds shine to my hair...but if I have any color treatments in, I always need to use a glossing spray to get any sheen back in. Nice product overall...I do stress that it works better for short cuts, unless you just want to apply it to hair ends.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer...this stuff absorbs and then basically doesn't do anything after awhile. It also left my hair greasy even though I did not use that much of this product. I do tend to have an oily scalp...so this is probably not best for people with that type of hair...for drier I bet it would be great. I also thought it was so expensive!!! This stuff was $17 with tax at ulta...too much to me. I ended up taking this back today and getting my money back.

Popular Styling Products