Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 12/24/2001 6:26:00 AM

This stuff definitely controls flyaways and gives plenty of shine, but it not only ate the words off the package, it ate off my nailpolish! Not very pleasant to run your fingers through, even later in the day.

I love this styling wax to tame my very wavy bangs into sleek, straight bangs, it works like a charm. I use a small amount after blowdrying my hair straight, keeps the style all day. I do not find it extremely greasy or shiney on my hair, but I have very dry hair.

Honestly, it did not tame my fly aways!! but it did add shine..

on 4/7/2003 3:31:00 AM

The product works well to create piece-y look. But it is very sticky and hard to apply to dry hair. I guess i have to apply it when my hair is still damp.

on 6/15/2003 11:31:00 PM

I'm still on the fence with this one. I've had problem with waxes and pomades making my fine hair look greasy no matter how little I use. This product was not as bad as others, but I need to try it again using even less (3 tries so far haven't worked out). I have layered hair I like to make look "piecey" and messy.

on 1/25/2004 8:11:00 AM

This product worked pretty well for those short, little hairs that tend to stick up on the top. That's the main reason I bought it. Although, it did not get every little stuborn hair to stay down. That's why I have to give it 4 lippies out of 5. I'm not sure if there is any wax/pomade product that is perfect, but I'm willing to do some searching before I settle with this one. Some other things I like about this product is that it's water based and doesn't make my hair feel all goopy and doesn't cause build up. The price is comparable to other pomades out there, around $17 or $18 USD for a 1.07 oz. container. One container lasts me over 1 year.

on 2/9/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder-length coarse hair cut in layers - for me, this product is good at creating piece-y definition. I don't find it too greasy-looking, but my hair's pretty dry/processed. I used to use Paul Mitchell's dry wax which is much stiffer - lately I'm preferring this product because it's a bit wetter and adds a little shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is decent if you already have fine/thin hair. In my case, i have african american hair and i used this in hope of slicking down my edges, this will hold for about 30 minutes after that your hair is soft and doesnt have the hold that i am hoping for, so if you are looking for a stronger hold, this is not the wax to go with.

on 10/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

This stuff works best for short choppy hair, to give seperation and tame frizz.
I blow my hair bone dry (it usually looks like a puff ball after blowdrying) and I rub between my hands and work thru the ends. It gives my ends that choppy seperated look, and doesn't leave hair feeling as greasy as other types of waxes. I would buy this product again =)

on 12/27/2004 10:14:00 PM

Doesn't do anything for my medium-long hair, except when spot-applied by rubbing a small amount to the ends by thumb and finger. The irridescent sheen is very pretty in the jar, but undetected in hair. Provides light hold that doesn't last long in dry winter air. I'd buy it again only to use it for a lived-in look near roots.

Popular Styling Products