Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total HG pomade. It gives the perfect amount of shine and hold to lay frizzies down. It's also water based so your hair doesn't look greasy nor are you left with a gunky feel in your hairl. Start of with a small amount rubbed between palms and slide down through hair.

on 7/26/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect if you want your hair to REALLY lay down!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. The consistency is pretty special, it really becomes kind of watery and non-greasy. It adds some texture and movement to your hair with a bit of hold, although not too much. I would consider it closer to a pomade than a wax... I expect a wax to have a bit more hold. This is closer to texturizer with shine and is nice and light, although if you use too much it can be heavy/greasy of course.

I have used several of these over the past 10 years and will always have it on hand. Great especially if you have layers or want to emphasize some choppiness & movement.

on 12/6/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This did nothing for me. I have long, thick straight hair and it just didn't hold at all. Probably best for people with short, fine hair. I got it for $17 at a mom & pop beauty supply.

on 4/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

I have very fine hair, but lots of it, and with my new ultra short pixie cut I wanted something to keep the 'piecy' look and mega shine going. So I bought almost everything and this was amongst my "haul".

This product does nothing for me. Even a dime sized amount makes my hair look "dirty"/greasy. It doesn't shine at all. It dries up after about an hour and it looks like you didn't wash your hair AND you didn't put any styling product in. Not nice.

I much prefer Aveda Brilliante for shine and Sebastian Molding Mud for "piecing out" the ends. Just my .02!

on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I don't remember Water Wax doing much for me. I used it when I would put my hair in ponytails in order to tame flyaways. But then again, I could have been using it wrong on my African-American relaxed hair.

I really used it to slick back my edges, and it was ok but nothing spectacular because it didn't really have any kind of hold. Plus it seemed hideously greasy. Not worth the money I spent, which was like $17!

on 5/16/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have straight shoulder length Latin hair. I wasnít very impressed with this product especially, at $17 dollars not including tax. I bought this for my part to keep stray hairs in place. It made my hair feel greasy and unwashed even when using very little. (Btw, I donít have an oily scalp). It looked as though I had a stingy unwashed scalp and hair. I wont be buying this again.

on 4/20/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first want to mention that I have long, thin, and slightly wavy hair that I usually air dry with some curl enhancing product for a wavy-beachy look. The last time I had my hair cut, it was with a new stylist and she recommended I use this along with Biosilk's Silk Therapy. The results she'd given my hair was such that I had to go out and get it myself. I was extremely put off by the price (around $16+tax at Trade Secret) but gone ahead and bought it. I kind of wish I'd returned it now though since it's just an okay product. The product itself has a nice smell and a fun clear/rainbowish color to it which I like but it's very sticky and a bit hard to work with. I usually use a little at a time by getting a bit of moisture from my damp hair and mixing the wax within my fingers and that seems to work pretty well. One fact I do like about it is that it doesn't leave me with a crunchy or hard finish to my waves and it holds up pretty well throughout the day. I did have to deduct 2 lippies though for its stickyness and the hard to work factor. Would not buy again because I'm pretty certain I can find something better or of equal quality at a lower price.

on 10/24/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This makes a nice pomade for a pieced, fairly texturized look. It's a bit sticky so i put a little water an rub together with my fingers and then apply. It softly spikes out my ends nicely and leaves my hair looking defined and shiny.

on 5/14/2007 8:02:00 PM

I bought this wax as an impulse purchase. Initially I did no like it and I contemplated taking it back {bought at Trade Secret}, but I gave it a second chance. I have short thick relaxed African American hair and I use this to smooth down the edges of my hairline. I like that is alcohol free so its not drying and it doesn't flake. It has a pretty decent hold and the smell is quite nice. I took a lippie off for two reasons: I have to warm the wax to make it spreadable and the price. But a little does go a long way

Popular Styling Products