Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best pomade I have found so far. It is not too greasy and works perfectly for piecing out my extremely textured cut. A perfect amount of shine, it doesn't look sick and wet. I use the tiniest amount and warm it up in my hands before.

I have used this stuff for over 2 years. I really could not imagine not having it. It is a MUST for the days I use my chi iron. It is pricey but lasts forever cause you only need a tiny bit. After I style my hair I put it on the flyaway pieces or any part that looks funny. My hair would look so bad without it. I keep it in my purse all day for touchups. It is great. My only complaint is that after you get close to the bottom it seems to change consistency and gets a lot less solid and hard to use. Strange. But overall very good!

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A holy grail for my short curly hair (I alternate this with John Frieda's Funky Chunky). I apply it on dry hair and it does a great job of texturizing my hair. Not too crazy about the tub, but will deal with this to get the results I get with this product.

I love this product! it works great. even works good to spike up my hair. the price is a bit steep at 14.00 a tub. but its worth it.

on 7/12/2002 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this wax during my spiky (but not *too* spiky) hair phase. I had been trying a lot of waxes, and most of them make me feel like I was tugging my hair out by the roots. This one went on much more smoothly and pretty much did the trick. It had less hold and more shine than other waxes, but it still separated my spikies nicely. It probably won't do if you are trying to get a very severe hold. In addition, the twin hairwax bugaboos of stickiness and a greasy look still applied, but much less than with other waxes.

on 4/3/2002 3:06:00 PM

I am loving this stuff as a shiner for my long hair. I use about a quarter size amount through damp hair before drying and it leaves my hair untangled, ungreasy and shiny.

on 11/20/2001 10:22:00 PM

I love this product. It is great for taming flyaways and texturizing. Used sparingly, it does not add weight or look greasy.

Popular Styling Products