Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best pomade I have found so far. It is not too greasy and works perfectly for piecing out my extremely textured cut. A perfect amount of shine, it doesn't look sick and wet. I use the tiniest amount and warm it up in my hands before.

on 1/1/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My hairstyle changes frequently and this is the product I go back to whenever I do shorter/layered hairstyles. I have straight hair that has a tiny bit of natural wave at the ends, so I'm prone to frizzies...Redken's water wax helps in defining layers while smoothing the hair shaft down a bit. I like using it better than a regular shine serum because it has a tiny amount of holding power and texturizing properties. This is the only "wax" that I'll use...comparable products labeled as waxes are just that -- very hard to work with and will rip your hair out unless you have a very short cropped haircut. This is more like a very firm gel in a jar. It has that pool blue color with some shimmer particles. I suppose this adds shine to my hair...but if I have any color treatments in, I always need to use a glossing spray to get any sheen back in. Nice product overall...I do stress that it works better for short cuts, unless you just want to apply it to hair ends.

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

Popular Styling Products