Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is just meh. I have Medium length (1 inch below shoulders) fine, straight hair that tens to be be dry and flyaway. If you use too much of this stuff, your hair will look more greasy. My boyfriend commented that it took the "Life" out of my hair. It looked kinda limp. He was right. But I gave it to my teenage son who has ultra thick wavy hair and he likes it for texture and it works much better on his hair type. I was hoping to get that piecy look with this but it failed miserably for me. It's expensive but I can see this jar lasting forever. It will probably go "bad" before you use it all. So fine hair folks, not good. Wavy, coarse hair, yes.

on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I don't remember Water Wax doing much for me. I used it when I would put my hair in ponytails in order to tame flyaways. But then again, I could have been using it wrong on my African-American relaxed hair.

I really used it to slick back my edges, and it was ok but nothing spectacular because it didn't really have any kind of hold. Plus it seemed hideously greasy. Not worth the money I spent, which was like $17!

I like this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy. Very light and helps tame the frizzies and flyaways like a dream. It really does not have any hold at all, but I like it as it keeps my fine medium length hair from being bad during the day.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A holy grail for my short curly hair (I alternate this with John Frieda's Funky Chunky). I apply it on dry hair and it does a great job of texturizing my hair. Not too crazy about the tub, but will deal with this to get the results I get with this product.

Popular Styling Products